It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus Christ a football star?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok this is my first post so please go easy on me. I am not sure I have seen this anywhere on ATS if so please forgive me.

I am not a huge football fan at all. In fact, I probably couldn't name five current players if I had to. That being said I have read a book called Heaven is for real where a young boy has a near death experience and is proported to be in heaven with jesus, god and others. After seeing many pictures of Jesus and saying that none of them look like the real Jesus he see's a picture painted by a young atheist girl. He says that is what he really looks like. The other day I seen an article about Tim Tebow on the internet and was taken back by how much it looked like the picture the girl painted. I am not saying he is Jesus but you never know. Maybe he is here with us waiting for the end times and heck why not be a football player in your spare time.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Interesting theory, but I don't think Jesus would return as a millionaire white boy who plays football.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WesternIowaParanormal

Tebow is just the opposite of Jesus - remember, Jesus said to pray in private and not to use prayer to show off (in so many words). Tebow apparantly has never read that part of the Bible, which is probably why God benched his behind this year and he's pretty much done as a football player.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Tim Tebow is a modern version of Seabiscuit. America is searching for a hero. It isnt Tebow. He isnt even a starter. He certainly isnt god.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Interesting idea, I guess anything is possible..
tho wouldn't he be playing for the saints?

Also you mentioned this is your first post, so perhaps I can offer this tip...when you start a thread try your best to match your topic with the forum it's listed in...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Yes, I had that problem the first couple of times. What you do is go to a topic in the forum you want to post in, and click on "New Thread" which is at the top right somewhere, next to the reply button. I like the fact that this is in "Fragile Earth", because that's what Tebow will be facing next time they give him the ball.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You mean to tell me Jesus couldn't perform any miracles for the Jets this year? Have we all seen their Thanksgiving game against the Patriots? They could of used a miracle at any point this season but received none.

Nah, Tim TEEEEEBOW is not Jesus, nor a god. He's just a man.

Oh, and my Jesus wouldn't ever pose for GQ, or any magazine, ever. My Jesus is much too humble for that crap.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
this is a little off topic... im from pa and word on the street is eagles are dumping vick and picking up teabow

But i really like your theory. But i cant really say.. there is a resemblance in the nose but thats it for me.
edit on 10-1-2013 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Calling him a star might be a stretch, calling him a football star is like a Gumby stretch, a Stretch Armstrong stretch, if you will.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just comparing pictures and not getting into the rest of the matter, the eyes are completely different.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal
Ok this is my first post so please go easy on me. I am not sure I have seen this anywhere on ATS if so please forgive me.
I am not saying he is Jesus but you never know. Maybe he is here with us waiting for the end times and heck why not be a football player in your spare time.

I hear what you are saying/seeing. People say "God works in mysterious ways" So, I am not going to be sarcastic, demeaning or say you are crazy.

Congrats on your first post.
Welcome!
Your thoughts, ideas, conjectures are just as possible as anyone else's. When, where, how, if Jesus/God returns is really best answered as "we really don't know" IMHO.

Tebow is a good person. My guess is that he has a very strong spiritual connection, he believes, he lives what he thinks God wants him to do in his life. Very admirable.

Certainly a public, high visable, profile player,. Genuinely a good person. And like Jesus, a lot of people are afraid of him, call him a fake, but that is just jealousy and envy, fear speaking from them.

Thanks for posting., Tim Tebow, INMHO is just one of those good guys, and we live in a very cynical society, where every scum is dying for the chance to dig up anything negative about him...very sad.

Best thing that could happen. He is traded, given an honest opportunity to play football as a lead QB. I mean just last year he got the Broncos into the playoffs, he was a rookie......I like him, I like what he stands for. He is a good and decent person.

Edit: Congrats on your first post! S + f

Cheers!! ID

edit on 11-1-2013 by ItDepends because: s + f added

edit on 11-1-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Just comparing pictures and not getting into the rest of the matter, the eyes are completely different.

I dunno, the eyebrows are wicked close. Eye color too. The angle of the outer corners not quite on, I'll give you that.

Hairline along the temples and forehead... nice, in fact that little twist of hair right above the middle of the forehead somehow aligns with the painting, for me. Nose is close, lips... meh, generally the same shape but Tebow's are thicker.

All in all, considering the girl painted it from her inspiration of what Jesus looks like (as opposed to Him sitting in her studio for 14 hours, LoL) ...not too shabby if she WERE trying to paint a Tebow Jesus...

edit on 1/11/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by MaMaa

I dunno, the eyebrows are wicked close. Eye color too. The angle of the outer corners not quite on, I'll give you that.

Eyebrows are different and eye colour is different, one has blue eyes the other has green eyes, eye shape is different.

There will always be like another 100 people who can look a certain person, what makes this guy special? He's doesn't even look like the picture to begin with haha.
edit on 11-1-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Jesus was a semite and Tebow looks pretty Nordic.

Anyway, one would think that a god of love would feed the world, or at least not curse humanity because someone supposedly ate an apple 6,000 years ago, rather than be fixated with a bunch of people running back and forth with a ball.

People need to question what kind of god they believe in.

People need to question who or what they consider a hero.

However, as a side note, I think Tebow is sincere, and most likely a decent person. I do not think he is a hero.
edit on 11-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Hahaha, Why would Jesus be White with bluish eyes?

Should he be slightly tanned like Iranians or darker Mediterraneans?

This goes to show that indoctrination will blind you.
With all the white Jesus portrayal in the western empire, i wouldn't be surprised if a black kids dreams of white Jesus.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yes he is...and he plays for Glasgow Celtic.....Everyone and their dog knows Sammy is the second coming..When Sammy Scores, everyone points and looks to the heavens. see pic..

ps.....when you said Football i thought you meant Real Football not that Hand Egg nonsense played over the pond..

edit on 11-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Naw, he is a very bad quarterback, at least at the pro level. The miracle of his Denver Bronco stint was that they were able to win with him at the position - similar to the Chicago Bears with Rex Grossman in 2005. His string of comeback games, which was what upped his rep among a certain segment of the religiously inclined, wouldn't have happened with a better quarterback, who would have won all those games anyway but without the need of continuing fourth-quarter "miracles" to squeek out the games in their last minutes.

If he gets to another team, which I kind of doubt, watch for some in-team sabotage in the offensive line. The Jets players didn't like him, and he'll have to get down on one knee to improve that situation with a new francise.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Um, What ? Oh Ya ! Okay, then no ! Oh believe me you don't want this guy play'in football ! He signs with MGM tomorrow morning. I 'll call you at nine in the morning. Goodbye Mr. Cameron.

This is pure speculation yet most probable scenario.
edit on 11-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Here is what I will say about Tebow: Everywhere he's gotten a chance to play he's won. I don't care about people's opinions on his throwing ability or religious affiliation. When he starts, he wins. It's too bad the Jets had an internal grudge against him and wouldn't even play him.
edit on 11-1-2013 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Hand egg nonsense or not, our "football" matches have fewer hooligans and riots resulting in the loss of life than both European and South American football.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join