It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming Attempts to Draw It's Line In The Sand Over Guns...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

I know..."Not another gun thread"...But this one is FOR those who respect the Law and are looking for a serious plan to defend our rights...

It seems that lawmakers in the great State of Wyoming have decided not to wait to see what happens with the Federal push to add more gun laws to the books.

The new House Bill HB0104 found HERE
contains language which would render any new Federal law, unenforceable, inside Wyoming's state lines.

It appears that Wyoming is dedicated to protecting the Constitutional Rights of it's citizens, and even institutes penalties, to anyone who attempts to enforce any new Federal gun law, as specifically mentioned in the bill's text. Giving the Bill, some teeth, so to speak, if it gets passed.

Is this the begining of a new division between states on either side of this debate?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Is this the begining of a new division between states on either side of this debate?

Good on Wyoming.. Except for the fact that the Federal Government will punish them for it probably..

And I actually think Yes to your question I quoted.. Seems one might want to be around those others with similar view points? I'm in the right place.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Great to see. Only 49 states to go. Well, Illinois will never pass such a bill but maybe the other 48 might.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I would take New York State out of the running too, judging by recent events..

I used to hate the fact I had to be aware of 50 sets of laws if I traveled in 50 states.. Why couldn't it just be one rule for the whole country? There are some of those too.. Why do I have to have state and federal licenses? Why do I have to pay State, and Federal taxes??

Now, however, I am eternally grateful for these United STATES.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

if every state followed, or a least a majority, than the feds couldn't punish everyone and if they did it make the feds look like the bad guy to the majority instead of a savior as they are being portrayed as now.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

if every state followed, or a least a majority, than the feds couldn't punish everyone and if they did it make the feds look like the bad guy to the majority instead of a savior as they are being portrayed as now.

Exactly..

I actually think its one way to bring down or change the Federal Government..

Civil disobedience is cool, and it does affect change, just not big enough change in most cases..

State disobedience on the other hand, has caused great change, in the past, and will in the future..

Whether they decide to change, by backing down, or whether they decide to become so unpopular they are put out, we have the change we want.. They can be with us or against us, but it's US that stands, and leads.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Bill's text is quite clear:

AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law
which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit
the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on
firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming;
providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or
dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or
attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or
regulation of the United States government relating to a
personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is
owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming
and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

Any official, agent or employee of the United
States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any
act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United
States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm
accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured
commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains
exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty
of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be
subject to imprisonment for not less than one (1) year
and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not
more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

Any federal law, rule, regulation or order
created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be
unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law,
rule, regulation or order attempts to:

Ban or restrict ownership of a semi
automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or

Require any firearm, magazine or other
firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

That's right!!! It will be a FELONY punishable by substantial FINE, PRISON, or both!

It even goes as far as authorizing the Wyoming Attorney General to DEFEND any citizen of Wyoming in a case brought against said citizen by the Federal Govt. for violating any federal law, covered under this legislation...

If this Bill passes, it will be very interesting to see how many other states follow suit, and how the Feds will respond...

edit on 1/10/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am still watching colorado, and waiting to see what happens between the state and fed there. In cali, federal government keeps overstepping their grounds over and over, I am not too sure colorado will just roll over and let the same happen there though. I think colorado is testing the waters as far as the DEA goes, and now wyoming is maybe going to be testing the ATF. Good luck to those two states, unless more follow suit quickly and band together, I don't think it will be easy for them.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

What about Washington state? Don't they get to fight off the DEA too?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
montana passed a simaler law back in 2009 made in Montana fire arms act its supposed to get around the commerce clause as it only applies to weapons made and kept in Montana en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If they passed similar laws sure. Not really one of my top priority issues, although I do believe that the war on drugs is absurd and a moneysucking racket.

Anything that is outlawed in one state, but allowed in another, well there are always people willing to break the law, and export the outlawed item from that state, just because the commodity is "worth" more in the place where the outlaw is in effect.
edit on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:08:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

On September 29, 2010, U.S. District Court Judge Donald Molloy dismissed the suit "for lack of subject matter jurisdiction and failure to state a claim."[13]

The Plaintiffs have filed an appeal[14] with the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

So the whole case has been in limbo since 2010. That sucks........

ATF believe their laws overrule state laws, which is absurd. Then again, that is how most federal agencies think these days.
edit on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:13:28 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

If they passed similar laws sure. Not really one of my top priority issues

heh well it is to my interest since it is setting the example of states standing up..

Legalized recreation

Surprised everyone doesn't know by now.. A huge money drain for the DEA and Cartels, and a new money supply for states, while not having to pay for all the prisoners..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join