It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who decides when a Government is becoming a tyrannical government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wondered who decides when the Government is becoming a tyrannical government? is it just individuals? or is it another body?
Also what If your fellow countrymen disagree with you and say they are not?
Is there a checklist to follow? do they have to take away certain freedoms? or just enforce gun control?
Not looking to fight just want your opinion.
Cheers (Hic
)
BM xxx
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There's boundaries set in place. They're called the constitution. When a government decides it doesn't care about your constitutional rights to further their agenda, then it is a tyrannical government. I'm sure there's other things they can do as well.
edit on 10-1-2013 by danneu89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We the people decide, the people are the authority not the government, we don't serve them, even though they think that we do, they are supposed to serve at are discretion.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well supposedly we "elect" the government officials to their positions so we the people are to make that decision.
HOWEVER; I do not believe we actually ever had a say on the matter and never will.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I wondered who decides when the Government is becoming a tyrannical government? is it just individuals? or is it another body?
Also what If your fellow countrymen disagree with you and say they are not?
Is there a checklist to follow? do they have to take away certain freedoms? or just enforce gun control?
Not looking to fight just want your opinion.
Cheers (Hic
)
BM xxx
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

when they start enacting laws that declare war on their own people ie NDAA,patriot act the final straw would be disarming the public

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think you raise one of the best points to consider with everything going on.

In a nation as diverse as ours in size and geography, including all the different ways people see of doing things within that wide expanse, there will be %'s and not just 'groups' that consider what Obama or others to be doing as a good idea. It's a thought that goes both directions, of course. Good question to ask!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks that is my main point, you are going to have different views on what is tyrannical and what is not.
Many on ATS say it is wrong to have gun control but many people will disagree with them.
Oh I just get so sad at the state of everything in the world at the mo
(hic)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Thanks all xxx
(Hic)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I notice how this thread has little attention yet is pretty much the most relevant point when considering what it means to say "united we stand." in reference to all things constitutional.

There are currently people in the US who would burn the flag as happily as they would trample the constitution. They are still US citizens.

There are currently people in the US who would wage war on anyone who is not the same as them. Regardless of their citizen status.

There are people who will stockpile weapons, ammunition, food, etc and prepare for the end of the world. They won't let the next guy touch their food if they determine they are just yuppy twits who have not prepared.

United?

UNITED?

Yet when it comes to guns, it's told to everyone that they are a unified strong staunch people, willing to stand up for the flag and fight tyranny where it is found, be it foreign or domestic.

If, as it's been pointed out in this thread, that the people are the power, and the government is elected to represent them, then should the government fall, just what leader will be appointed to stand for all?

you guessed it. The one with the most to gain.

This pipe dream that the USA is a haven of like minded gun owning vigilant people ready to step on anyone who threatens to step on them, is a figment of the collective imagination.

You take away the thread of authority that is continually attacking their freedoms and you will get anarchy. Not a unified people with guns.. Anarchy.. and law abiding citizens who stand tall and proud as good men and women of moral fibre, would turn to protecting themselves and their own above all and any other citizens who may want what they have.

United we stand.... Rallies patriotic emotions. Makes people stand up and be silent.

Annnnnddd.. back to jersy shore.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
We the people decide, the people are the authority not the government, we don't serve them, even though they think that we do, they are supposed to serve at are discretion.

It's much like a prayer.

You say it and refer to an intangible concept.

"We the people" is a pleasant and provoking statement. But what does it mean?

We who?

Prisoners? Politicians? Priests? Skinheads? Black Power gangs? Jewish actors? Homeless people? American Muslims?

Or just the people who agree with you?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think many here have read the thread but have chosen to ignore it, I agree it is a very important question and I hoped this would turn into a decent debate.
Thanks for your input

new topics

top topics

join