It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Rock on Mars! maybe...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
ok, this may be rocks, but it is so 'lifelike' its a bit weird!

i was reading some posts yesterday about this image regarding the possibility of an Egyptian statue on Mars (at least i think it was Mars but i saved the link and slept soon after!)

This link is to the Nasa picture that was provided from that link.

www.nasa.gov...

The statue didnt really do much for me and i began looking and zooming in around the rest of the image.
I have no idea if anyone has ever posted this before and a search would be difficult from the amount of 'object found on Mars' posts so i thought id just post and see what you think;

oh, and before you say 'rock' ... zoom in a little and notice the distinct 'I' on the 'helmet' of the (supposed) alien climbing the rocks in the centre (slight left) of this image!

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A rock on Mars? just move this to the hoax bin please

I see it but I think you are right it is a rock.
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Another Pareidolia! Very likely...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Won't these threads ever stop? Rocks on Mars are becoming the new Beanie Babies, we all can find our own and run them up the flagpole here. On your pic alone I found a hand-held breathalyzer, a few stone-age hammers, a 3-D pic of Bob Gibson pitching in the 1967 World Series, and the backbone of a whale. I want to believe!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsitallabout

where?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
rock ...

cant think of anything else

oh, wait i see something, about 5 meters ahead(to the left) there are two rocks, but go abit further, i think someone left his dog out for a walk BUT DIDNT CLEAN UP !!!!!!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatsitallabout
www.nasa.gov...

You find that interesting, but you have no comment on the obvious door cut into the side of the rock face in the middle of the picture? If you're going to imagine things, at least imagine something more interesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

To be fair I found quite a few things too, I think you can get from the 'tone' of the way I wrote my thread that I'm not stating this as fact, it was just a weird thing to see and of course looks typically 'alien'!!!

I agree that these threads are done to death but you dont have to read them if they pee you off that much!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

i was reading some posts yesterday about this image regarding the possibility of an Egyptian statue on Mars (at least i think it was Mars but i saved the link and slept soon after!)

This link is to the Nasa picture that was provided from that link.

www.nasa.gov...

The statue didnt really do much for me and i began looking and zooming in around the rest of the image.
I have no idea if anyone has ever posted this before and a search would be difficult from the amount of 'object found on Mars' posts so i thought id just post and see what you think;

oh, and before you say 'rock' ... zoom in a little and notice the distinct 'I' on the 'helmet' of the (supposed) alien climbing the rocks in the centre (slight left) of this image!

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey Whatsit........i just took your one link that gave the pic info and posted it here for you/others.

I did look at the larger NASA photo, but honestly I don't see the statue or the 'I" you describe......looked, and all I saw was rocks, sorry!

ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Actually I did notice the door and also what looks like a 'keypad' on the side of the rock jutting out next to it, but hey i wouldnt want to go that far in my rock theories, people will think im seeing things!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Whatsitallabout

where?

I see rocks EVERYWHERE in that picture.

Wow great find OP.

So many rocks on Mars. We really can't count them all.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Thank you!

I zoomed into the original image to see the 'I' ... my jpeg image doesnt show up well enough to show it. dont know why and wont profess too as im really not very technical! hense you having to do half my job of posting things correctly for me

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

To be fair I found quite a few things too, I think you can get from the 'tone' of the way I wrote my thread that I'm not stating this as fact, it was just a weird thing to see and of course looks typically 'alien'!!!

I agree that these threads are done to death but you dont have to read them if they pee you off that much!

What, no, I'm not at all peeved off. Satirical comments mate. I love all the Martian pics. Have you seen the semi-new thread here which takes us [www.abovetopsecret.com... right into Yellowknife with ultra-zoom], and the OP there did it all himself. I've tried bumping it a few times because it is sooooooo interesting and took lots and lots of hard work. You can find things in it to your hearts content. I'll get the link and be right back (done, above) - actually look at the second page, the OP made a new ultra-zoom with even more detail and of a larger area of Yellowknife.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, I personally like these threads. I find them interesting, and people can scream pareidolia all they want. I won't bow to the groupthink. I've seen some very good possibilities found in these photos that have convinced me there's a very good chance there are ancient ruins on Mars.

OP, look up mikesingh's old threads from 2008. You'll find some good stuff in those.
edit on 1/10/2013 by Klassified because: add year

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That looks awesome! Thank you, I'll be back with more aliens, whale skeletons and dog poop tomorrow. Don't thank me all at once, i'm here every night

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Blue Shift

Actually I did notice the door and also what looks like a 'keypad' on the side of the rock jutting out next to it, but hey i wouldnt want to go that far in my rock theories, people will think im seeing things!

Keypad on door....only if it's the town of Bedrock, and the Flintstones live on Mars.....

Des

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ahh youre nice, there are some here then!!!

I will have a peek tomorrow, I'm in the UK and its late so I need to get some sleep soon but thanks for your input, its much appreciated.

Actually, just as an edit, if anyone can see what im talking about and has the ability to circle it could you do so please? Just for those who can't see what I mean as I wouldnt know where to start.
Thank you!
edit on 10/1/2013 by Whatsitallabout because: favour!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Will someone send help to these people please. The nation has gone to the dogs.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Can you please highlight just what the f---- you are looking at? Honestly, all I can see is more Mars empty rocky landscape.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join