It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You stood by and did nothing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The time to openly fight is not yet, but it may be soon. The American people do not, and rightfully so, want to be the ones to draw first blood. If we were all to just grab our guns and head to D.C. then we may not have the military backing us. The U.S. military is the key, if this would ignite civil war. If the Gov draws first blood, then most military member would either desert, mutiny, or stage an all out coup. However, if a group of armed citizens went all vigilate willy nilly to the capitol, then we would be terrorists, and it would make it much easier to believe.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Rifleman's Creed

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

[inappropriate vid removed]
edit on Fri Jan 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, we did exactly what our values and the system of government we have in place calls for us to do. We voted out the regime that invaded two countries and passed the patriot act and at the same time voted in their ideological opposites. Peaceful Regime Change... baked in with no bloodshed. Chew on that rest of the world. We peacefully protested SOPA and PIPA with electronic civil disobedience and we petitioned our representatives in government and they did not pass. Last time I checked, no one has gone around collecting guns or plans to do anything more than stricter enforcement of existing laws and stricter regulation of one class of military style weapon.

I'm sorry that reality doesn't match your fantasy, but things aren't what you think they are. Our freedom is very much safe and the US will be fine.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by HappyWarrior

We tried but were labeled dirty hippies by the media and the sheeple who listen to them and were attacked by police with military grade non lethals. When that didn't work they had cops infiltrate the protesters and started trouble on the protesters behalf. And when that didn't work they put 40 protesters in cages made to hold 20. No water no pee brake for 12+ hours.
edit on 10-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

AND MANY ATS'ers made threads that put these people down, and spread a lot of hateful vial things about them. Yes, groups of people DID stand up and they got knocked down for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I agree with OP, and as I've said before, if they ban your guns, you're just gonna sit there and take it so stop all the ridiculous revolution talk and quit pretending to be tough. None of you are gonna get out of your comfort zone to fight for anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Are you sure that was Moamer El Gadafi? For an example?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

None of you are gonna get out of your comfort zone to fight for anything.

Hmmmmm.

T&C violation #2 in 72 hours, Or be nice.

Tough choice.

You must realize my friend, how utterly stupid and ludicrous it is that you even considered writing this from your computer at home.

What qualifies you, exactly, to make this sort of observation.

Do you play a lot of Call of Duty or Halo or something? Or maybe you were really stimulated by the ethos behind Fable 3.

And I bet you have seen V for Vendetta, like, a dozen times.

Yes?

No seriously, posts like this...

I agree with OP, and as I've said before, if they ban your guns, you're just gonna sit there and take it so stop all the ridiculous revolution talk and quit pretending to be tough. None of you are gonna get out of your comfort zone to fight for anything.

...and the OP.

What kind of incitement to violence is this?

Really, there should be a law against it.

What exactly are you suggesting? That we all pull out our guns and start shooting each other.

Why, that would lead me to believe that you folks sit around watching the news hoping and waiting for another American gun tragedy. I bet that if you are American and saying this crap, you are the type of person that has an app on your phone that alerts you to police pursuits so you can stand by to see if anyone gets shot.

You're sick and you need to re-evaluate why you even get out of bed in the morning.

Go away foreign gun-ghouls.

How's that for an opinion piece?

edit on 11-1-2013 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Peaceful revolution. Don't kill anyone. Don't attack anyone. When prices go up on things you normally buy. Don't buy it find something to replace it that's cheaper.

Say you like 99 cent spicy chicken nuggets from wendy's. You know they'd raise the prices on them and when they do don't buy it.

Tell everyone you know and have them tell everyone they know to boy cot the pirce.

Apply this to everything. Eventually we'll be voting on the green ticket guy to be president.

Why? Because none of the other things are working. Now we must go the opposite way of what we would normally do.

Capitalism is controlled by the people. If we constantly stop buying things that aren't worth the prices they are giving us. They have no choice but stop the product or cheapen the prices.

If we can do that. We can control the government. All it takes is knowing how it works and using it to your advantage.

It's not that hard.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Why care what the media and other people label you? Is it going to kill you? NO! You'll still be alive. Who cares! If you know whats best and your doing the right thing. Who cares!

People are people and what that means is unless you are this far in your growth as a human eventually you'll realize that everyone else is just going through the motions and doing what everyone else is telling them to do.

They have no free will at all. Why? Because they care about what other people think. Imagine falling in love with a woman who has the most beautiful personality. Atleast to you.

How would you feel if she got ripped away because her friends thought she should date someone they would date. No matter what that actually meant to her or you.

Break away from those who try to live their life through yours. That way it becomes worship. They will worship you because it will eat away at their mind that your not doing what they want you to do.

If your constantly on their mind you'll always be remembered. Immortality.
edit on 11-1-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I don't know who does care? I sure don't. I'm just stating what happened on those fateful days. That doesn't mean we're going to quit. No matter how much the media ridicules us, No matter the amount of willfully ignorant people criticize us, no matter what the authorities think, we will fight for those who believe in us and our cause and for those who don't. Why fight for those who don't? some might say. Well we're all in the same boat and as long the this ship is sinking we're going to try to get everyone in the life rafts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not everybody stands by and does nothing like the OP claims.

Everybody has a different way of enacting change.

OP, have you not heard of the saying, "the pen is mightier than the sword?"

I'm not offended by the OP though because I'm not the people he is speaking to...are you?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
how dare you accuse me of such things. complete lies.

glad you are taking responsibility for your failings though.
edit on 11-1-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyWarrior
You stood by and did NOTHING when you invaded and bombed the last several countries. Some of which on dubious or nebulous goals.

You stood by and did NOTHING when the Patriot Act was signed.

NONE of you did sh*t when SOPA and PIPA were being kicked around.

When the TSA started molesting people at airports, when presidents began assassinating citizens with impunity and people were detained indefinitely without proof WHERE WERE YOU?

That’s right, you were nowhere. You will not resist, why keep up this preposterous act?

The founding fathers wanted you to have access to guns in the off chance you needed to overthrow a corrupt government but none of you have done SH*T about it for the last hundred years.

So why should you even have the ILLUSION you have power? You mishandled and misused your responsibility to shoot beer cans in the woods.

Your founding fathers would have weeped if they saw what the once great United States of America have become today.

Your country was built upon freedom, in a time when dictators and kings ruled. You speak so highly of your precious freedom but do nothing when it is taken away from you.

edit on 10-1-2013 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

You do realize that there was a time in our history where armed rebellion would work, right? And you also realize that if 165 million Americans marched on D.C. With high-powered weapons and unlimited ammo, every last one of them would be killed, while accomplishing absolutely nothing except making life harder for the remaining 165 million, right?

Do you know why I don't start a shooting war against the most powerful military force on the planet because of TSA scans and pat-downs? Its because even though I know it's all just for show anyway, I simply do not give a damn if it takes me 2 minutes longer than it used to, to get through security at the airport. If it makes the dumdums (the 90% least intelligent among us) feel more safe, i'm willing to sacrifice that 2 minutes. In all honesty, I get through security faster now than I did 15 years ago. And no, I don't care if a $10/hr security person can see what type of pens I have in my carry-on bag

I didn't sell massive amounts of contraband to raise the capital to buy a nuke and take out the Capitol Building when SOPA was being kicked around either. Do you know why? Because the internet is alive and well, and frankly, I was looking forward to seeing the hackers of the world take the whole thing down if necessary. I also simply do not care enough to protect intellectual property thieves to go off and start killing people, many of whom may be scumbags, but they're also fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, etc. To somebody.

I'd you honestly think that for things which really do not disrupt or ruin our lives we are going to go to violent war with the US government, and leave our children fatherless, just so people don't have to go through security at the airport, or to defend their ability to pirate software online, you are simply a psychopathic sociopath. It concerns me that there are people like you who think we should take up arms and instigate violence (likely resulting in our own deaths while accomplishing nothing) for such small and petty matters.

Someone kicks in my door to take my family away to a concentration camp, i'll blast them to hell, but they can pat down all the airline passengers they want - I'm not ashamed to say I have no interest in risking my life over that.

I would feel wrong belittling, except for the condescending tone of the OP. That had to be one of the most ridiculous, asinine posts, anywhere on the internet, I have ever read. Did you even think about the reality of anything before posting that? I'm embarassed for you - and I sincerely hope you're not going to start an armed rebellion wherever you live if they cancel your favorite television show, or if police dare to enforce speed limits (those fascists!)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyWarrior

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
This happy warrior seems like he knows everything...what else do you know besides whining? A solution?

The solution is in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment. The right to bear arms. Given to the American people exclusively for overthrowing a tyrannical government like the one who is in charge of you today.

I am sorry, but there is no other solution to this problem my friend.

Violence begets violence! Violence will not solve the problems that we have here today! Though it is true there are not enough Americans doing something about what is happening to our country! Violence will only serve to alienate more of our brothers and sisters! This is what the elitist want from Americans! Only when the government makes peaceful revolution impossible will they make violent revolution inevitable! I believe there is still a long way to go before the majority realize this truth! I believe the next move is up to TPTB! Until then we must reveal the truth of oppressive government and only then will the majority be willing to risk their safety for their future! I know that peaceful revolution seems to bring about minimal results but there is no other way to bring about the change we need to bring about a free and open society intent on equality!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I posted a thread on how to accomplish all of this non violently and within the Constitutional framework two days ago, how many people actually read it? 3.. One of whom can't understand why anything needs changing at all, so I give up..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by Logarock

they should outlaw all softdrinks they are poisoning us with them.

Hey now!! It's my right if I want a cooold Nehi Peach pop on a hot summer day! If you've not ever had one, try it. go on. ya know you want to. all your friends are drinking it. come on. Best pop on the planet!

OT:
I wouldn't say we've all stood by. Lets just say that we're closely monitoring the situation and waiting for the right moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join