It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You stood by and did nothing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You stood by and did NOTHING when you invaded and bombed the last several countries. Some of which on dubious or nebulous goals.

You stood by and did NOTHING when the Patriot Act was signed.

NONE of you did sh*t when SOPA and PIPA were being kicked around.

When the TSA started molesting people at airports, when presidents began assassinating citizens with impunity and people were detained indefinitely without proof WHERE WERE YOU?

That’s right, you were nowhere. You will not resist, why keep up this preposterous act?

The founding fathers wanted you to have access to guns in the off chance you needed to overthrow a corrupt government but none of you have done SH*T about it for the last hundred years.

So why should you even have the ILLUSION you have power? You mishandled and misused your responsibility to shoot beer cans in the woods.

Your founding fathers would have weeped if they saw what the once great United States of America have become today.

Your country was built upon freedom, in a time when dictators and kings ruled. You speak so highly of your precious freedom but do nothing when it is taken away from you.

edit on 10-1-2013 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyWarrior

We tried but were labeled dirty hippies by the media and the sheeple who listen to them and were attacked by police with military grade non lethals. When that didn't work they had cops infiltrate the protesters and started trouble on the protesters behalf. And when that didn't work they put 40 protesters in cages made to hold 20. No water no pee brake for 12+ hours.
edit on 10-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Are you seriously from Scandinavia?

2nd.

P.S. No, really, I can't think of a single reason why America owes Finland an explanation for anything.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Xoanon because: ?

edit on 10-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
and what did you do?

When sopa and pipa came around (you notice they came and went) I helped with the campaign that stopped the laws from happening.

I do everything I can, you can only do so much, start shooting and you will be branded a terrorist and killed...

instead of whining.. tell us how you would do things since you seem to know..

You know what I am tired of? people complaining that no one does anything about anything but offering no answers to fix problems.. We already know there are problems if you know how to fix them then by all means explain.

also I would like to point out that the best way to fix something is after it breaks.. when enough people get pissed off in our country.. things will start to get fixed, you cant hide the problems forever, now the regular joe is starting to wake up because its starting to affect them to.
edit on 10-1-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
They outlawed 42oz softdrinks in NY.....and I did nothing. By the way.....why didnt they go after 2 liters?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

they should outlaw all softdrinks they are poisoning us with them.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This happy warrior seems like he knows everything...what else do you know besides whining? A solution?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Another foreign voice heard from on the woes and foes of life in America. Indeed.. Another opinion duly noted ....with the other few thousand recently telling us how bad, lazy, ugly, ignorant and generally barbaric we are with no hope of ever changing anything.

You know, there is something that makes me wonder on this. What part of pointing it out with an edge that could cut titanium is figured to be helpful? Of course it is a rant.. so Bravo on a VERY rant-like point made.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey MODS - this should be in the Rant section - there's no obvious point to the OP.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
This happy warrior seems like he knows everything...what else do you know besides whining? A solution?

The solution is in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment. The right to bear arms. Given to the American people exclusively for overthrowing a tyrannical government like the one who is in charge of you today.

I am sorry, but there is no other solution to this problem my friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Really? So you have a lot of experience, do you, with killing and guns, and you have found in your experience, that killing and guns and revolution are a viable answer for the world's social problems.

I had no idea Finland was so exciting.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The 2nd can only be used if someone is moving, with arms, on the people. Cant just load up in the chevy and head to DC and start craping all over the place.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

Really? So you have a lot of experience, do you, with killing and guns, and you have found in your experience, that killing and guns and revolution are a viable answer for the world's social problems.

I had no idea Finland was so exciting.

Finland?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Then you are not from Scandinavia?

Cuz, Scandinavians fomenting American revolutions on the internet is, like, the weirdest thing all week.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Xoanon because: waiting

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well, as the Beez would say, "I'll give you props for speaking your mind", and to a degree, I might even agree with you. But there's a lot more at stake here than what you can see from your vantage point. Those who fought in our revolution against the crown, gave everything they had to do so. Their spouses, their children, their families, everything they owned, and finally their lives. They put it all on the line for freedom.

The day may come when it has to be done again. But only the people themselves, en masse, can decide when that day comes. Neither I, you, or anyone else can make that decision for them. The people have a powerful system working against them, and muddying the fine line of truth and lie every day. If they could see clearly the fog of deception, things might be cut and dried, but that's just not the way it is.

And the USA is not by any means unique in the world, when it comes to problems that need to be dealt with.

edit on 1/10/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I read your speech with the voice of William Wallace in my head,

I'm totally inspired and ready for war!

FREEEDDDOOMMM!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I suspect he is having a dig at all the defensive reasons US folks state for preserving the 2nd amendment ,as is. Clearly the reality of modern life means nobody is going to organise an armed rebellion. This means the arms are of no use wrt reasons for 2nd amendment. This means the arms are of only use as a source of weapons (to be stolen/acquired) for illegal use.........so get rid of them.

In order to overthrow the government, even by armed means, you still have to have the support of a considerable proportion of the population. If that support exists then there is nothing to stop that support from organising a "third way" at the elections. That "third way" does not need masses of money for electioneering since it ALREADY HAS THE NECESSARY VOTES !

[snipped]
edit on Fri Jan 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Then you are not from Scandinavia?

Cuz, Scandinavians fomenting American revolutions on the internet is, like, the weirdest thing all week.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Xoanon because: waiting

oh god, my sides, please tell me you joking.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyWarrior

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

The solution is in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment. The right to bear arms. Given to the American people exclusively for overthrowing a tyrannical government like the one who is in charge of you today.

Actually there is a peaceful way to overthrow the government in this country , without the need for bloodshed and without the need for guns (although I am armed so
) I spent the better part of my life investigating and arresting people for violating others rights, I had stumbled across this little gem called:

A Constitutional Convention.

It's legal, it can be done (everyone's afraid to though) and it's written into the framework. We can change things legally, peacefully and well....

maybe for the better..

Not all change has to come at the barrel of a gun (although it makes the job a lot easier sometimes)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Of course not.

Are you from Scandinavia or not?

Yes, I stand by that: a Scandinavian on ATS suggesting armed revolt in America is way weirder than even a remote-controlled Stephen Hawking.

So, yeah, you better not be from Scandinavia at this point, or a lot more sides are going to be hurting, and not in Finland.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join