It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You AND Why The USDA is Wrong

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Julie Washington

I took my first dose of liposil (sp?) Vitamin C today. Ordered it from Amazon to see if it worked before investing in the items to make it.

Today I've been much calmer, even in a high stress environment. I don't know if its due to the vitamin C, a spoke in my cycle, or aliens tinkered with my brain.

Today is also the first time in about three weeks I didn't need anxiety medicine.

Can't wait to see what happens after a week!

Hi smyleegrl

How are you doing with your liposomal c?

Ihave just bought soom (well still waiting for amazon to deliver) for my mum (73 soon)

glad to here that its helped you so quick

(phil)
maryhinge

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Do you know of any reasons why somebody should not take lioposomal c

many thanks (phil) maryhinge

by the way star+flag

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Do you know of any reasons why somebody should not take lioposomal c

many thanks (phil) maryhinge

by the way star+flag

Thanks Mary,

So far through all my research I cannot find anything negative about taking Vitamin C.

Keep in mind that the dosages we are talking about here are 2,000 mgs - 3,000 mgs daily, which is not alot. But should be enough to keep away many ailments.

The mega doses for things such as cancer can be like 50,000mgs - 100,000 mgs., which has been shown to be safe given through IV by a doctor with no side affects.

It is not toxic and the only side affect from overdosage is diarrhea, but not at the levels we are talking about here.

Also, keep in mind that the liposomal vitamin C is a process of binding pure vitamin c with lecithin, which is immediately absorbed into the body.

You can not get this level of Vitamin C through pills or powders.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

EDIT TO ADD: There was a report of diabetics getting a false high sugar reading, so diabetics would want to watch for this.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Julie,

I got the liposomal c and b3 on Saturday and have been taking 2000 to 3000 mgs daily. Haven't had any immediate results, but I also added a b complex in the mix today. I didn't sleep well last night, but yet I feel more energetic and less anxious. I'm going to stay consistent with things and see how everything goes.

Edit: one very important thing I did forget, once I started the liposomal c and b3 I have noticed a decrease in appetite, which is great for my diet. So that's one important reason right there to keep going with this!

edit on 31-1-2013 by miss_sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by miss_sky

Julie,

I got the liposomal c and b3 on Saturday and have been taking 2000 to 3000 mgs daily. Haven't had any immediate results, but I also added a b complex in the mix today. I didn't sleep well last night, but yet I feel more energetic and less anxious. I'm going to stay consistent with things and see how everything goes.

Edit: one very important thing I did forget, once I started the liposomal c and b3 I have noticed a decrease in appetite, which is great for my diet. So that's one important reason right there to keep going with this!

edit on 31-1-2013 by miss_sky because: (no reason given)

Good to hear you got started.

I've had the same experience... more energy and less anxious. I don't have an anxiety problem... however I'm finding that little things that would stress me out just don't. Like little petty things that would easily frustrate me... just don't so much. I feel that even though I have more energy, I am also more emotionally relaxed, if that makes any sense

You may find that you will need less sleep. Some posters have mentioned this. I am also waking up earlier... now around 5:00 am instead of 6-7. So rather than just lay in bed awake for another hour I should just get up and start my day earlier

I would be very interested to hear of any results of the B3 after you've been taking after 30 days. How much (mgs) are you taking daily?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

thanks julie for the info

i have just got back fromm dropping my mums off (liposomal c)

so fingers crossed mum will get some help off lipo c

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by gmacev
I was reading this article the other day: www.medpagetoday.com...
which basically states that the use of antioxidants (which Vitamin C is), has no benefit in cancer prevention, even considering that it "much more likely causes than prevents cancer."
What is your opinion on this, OP?

Well even though he is a well respected doctor - his opinion is only that: "an opinion".

"Antioxidants may undermine metastatic cancer treatment and even contribute to its development, according to a hypothesis laid out by James D. Watson, PhD,"

Just a hypothesis with no clinical studies or background to back it up.

All the claims made above are mostly linked to clinical studies.

And it appears the article is specifically discussing "metatstic cancer". This would be very late stage cancers that may have very poor propects for recovery, which is not the basis of my OP.

But thanks for bringing it up - as I learn more everyday.

In doing more research I found a rebuttal to Dr. Watson's statements regarding the above by Dr. Steve Hickey.

Watson appears to be behind the times in his appreciation of nutritional medicine and, surprisingly, to have misunderstood the processes of oxidation and reduction as applied to cancer. He correctly asserts that reactive oxygen species are a positive force for life; this is basic biology. They are also involved in aging, chronic illness, and cancer. Oxidants also cause free radical damage, thus the body generates large amounts of antioxidants to prevent harm and maintain health.

...Orthomolecular medicine has advanced since those days; we now have safer and more effective techniques with which to attack cancer. Intravenous vitamin C is a good example. [5] Nevertheless, both modern orthomolecular and conventional treatments often rely indirectly on increasing hydrogen peroxide levels, and thus deliberately causing free radical damage within the tumor.

See the source link for the rest if you are interested.

Source

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Julie,

Along with the liposomal and b3 I've also added the b complex,a multi, and d3. I am taking between 2000Mg to 3000 Mg of the b3 each day.

The results keep getting better and better. My mental state and attitude in general has improved greatly.I'm noticing some of the little things that would set me off don't bother me anymore. I still do sleep alot but when I am awake I'm much more alert and my mood is much lighter. I feel alot more confident too.I'm also noticing a change in my skin.my face has been having a very radiant glowing look.

I just had to order my second bottle of the liposomal.I'm going to stay consistent with my daily regimen until the end of February. If I'm still having these positive results I'm going to buy the stuff to make my own liposomal. Also, next time I see my doctor in march I'm going to try to go on a lower dose of my ssri, and see how that goes.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

MissSky,

I'm so happy to hear you are having positive results!

That is so great.. I wish you more continuted positive improvements!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Recommend my friend to look into this, he was diagnosed with Bowl Cancer and has gone through successful chemo but I advised him to take a look at Liposomal Vitamin C as an addition to his recovery supplements.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I ordered this lecithin, can it be used to make the Liposomal vitamin c? The product doesnt say if its a soy or a sunflower lecithin. So I really dont know..

www.amazon.co.uk...=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1
edit on 26-2-2013 by Odyssevs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odyssevs
I ordered this lecithin, can it be used to make the Liposomal vitamin c? The product doesnt say if its a soy or a sunflower lecithin. So I really dont know..

www.amazon.co.uk...=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

I went to the Now Foods website and it appears to be Soy.

Double check if this is the same one.

Now Foods

This is exactly what you want to make Liposomal Vitamin C.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Nobody is saying how many mg of ascorbic acid should be purchased to go into the Liposomal mixture. Please say the dosage of vit. c that one should use.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Avecod

I bought 3 pounds of lecethin and 1 pound of ascorbic acid. I bought these quantities so I would have quantities in the same proportions as the mixture itself.

As far as dosage.. I've heard as little as 1/2 tablespoon up to 3 tablespoons. I haven't heard of anyone going over 3, but I haven't read every page of every post about the substance.

Personally, I'm not sure which is correct. I started taking 1/2 tablespoon to see how I would react, and a few weeks ago I went to 1 1/2 tablespoons. I'll keep it at this level for another week or so and I might take it up to 2 tablespoons.

The great part is that you can't really overdose. What your body doesn't need, is passed in your urine.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Most people take 1 oz. which is equal to 2 tablespoons.

I use a shot glass.

In some forums there are people who take up to 4 oz.

The only real warning is that it is best to start small and build up because vitamin c is an anti-oxident and kills off free radicals. If you are seriously sick or have cancer and it kills off massive doses of free radicals all at once it can overload your body.

I take a 1 oz shot glass 3 times a day. (I should probably do more)

It is VERY important to take it several times throughout the day, as your body depletes it in about 3 hours and the whole idea is to keep and maintain high levels of vitamin c in your body all the time.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

2 tablespoons 3 times per day? I've never read that anywhere...then again, I've only found single author articles about making and taking. This thread has been an educational experience.

I've been taking 1 1/2 tablespoons only in the morning (mixed into a glass of Tang). Since I know that I'm not having negative reactions, I think I'll try increasing dose and frequency to see what changes.

On a possibly related note. I had my first-ever cholesterol test last week. I'm 39, and I love bacon cheeseburgers. I eat more healthy things, but I'm definitely not a health food nut (no offense to the nuts reading this
) When my doctor gave me the results, she said (and I quote) "You're the model of health" and "you have no risk of heart disease". Specifically, the thing she remarked on was the low LDL levels. One of the benefits of Lipo-C is reduced LDL cholesterol...

The reason I'm just having my first cholesterol test is that I have a family history of heart disease. Both my dad and my granddad have had multiple bypass surgeries. I really didn't want to hear the bad news, so I avoided the test. My wife convinced me that impending doom (me turning 40 soon) is a good reason to be tested.

Because I avoided being tested, I can't give a before-and-after report. Maybe someone out there who has heart disease history and has taken a cholesterol test prior to starting Lipo-C could give us a report about the differences in the reported levels after taking the solution for a while.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

I have high cholesterol.

I will be your ginnea pig!

I quit taking my cholesterol medication in December and substituted it with Niacin.

I won't be going to the doctor for probably another month, but I'll let you know what the results are.

I eat like you

Also: If you aren't going to do the lipsomal method read this about Tirating. Finding your level of vitamin c absorbing and how to increase it.

Orthomed.com
edit on 27-2-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I can't find non-soy lecithin (sunflower) anywhere! Any advice?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
I can't find non-soy lecithin (sunflower) anywhere! Any advice?

Yes, Please repost your question on the other thread. "I Make my own Liposomal Vitamin C" thread. It's in my signature. There are people there with resources and links!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the answer, I added honey to the liposomal vitamin c because of the taste. (It doesnt taste very good.) I hope the honey doesn't ruin the liposomal ? To be honest I'm not even sure if it works, cos I cant feel a big change when taking it, and I take alot, like half a glass each day.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join