It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You AND Why The USDA is Wrong

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Julie Washington

a lot of the stuff you have put in your thread i see in my kids ie rough skin
depression low iron slow healing always ill long term over weight
tiredness the list goes on

so i was just wondreing how much should i give my kids
at the moment they have minadex vitamins A,C and D
A 50% rda
D 100% rda
C 75% rda

should i just add a pure vitamin c to this?

maybe add liposomal vitamin c
edit on 11/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

Sorry I missed this post earlier. How much to give kids?

I think that depends on their age, weight and health. But I would not hesitate to give my 4 year old grandson at least 1 tablespoon a day. Since we really have no guidelines to follow on this it's just a guess.

From research we know that it's probabaly not good to take more than 2,500mg every day. So certainly 1,000mg a day would be reasonable and only more if they get sick with something.

Many things can deplete Vitamin C so there may be times to up the dosage for a few days. It you've been injured, experienced a stressfull event, had surgery, gotten sick. All of these things deplete Vitamin C.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider any over the counter supplements for vitamin C.

Dear Julie Washington
twins of 9 boy and girl and a 12 year old young man (moody little bugger)

so how big should the sonic cleaner be and where do i get vitamin c powder from

thanks again
maryhinge
(phil)

I bought my stuff on amazon.com

If they were my kids I would be giving them all 1,000 mgs a day.

I would give them a shot in the morning and a shot in the afternoon when they got home from school. They are not going to like the taste, so if you have to, mix it in with some juice or something.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Excellent post!

Without getting into my complete story again I have cured myself of Cancer twice now, I have also cured my Dog of a large Cancerous Tumor a few years ago and all with massive doses of Timed Released Vitamin C. I first got on to this after reading Linus Paulings book "Vitamin C and Cancer". The FDA Lies! They are and always have been in bed with Big Pharma as well as the Cancer Industry for DECADES! Do you own research, trust yourself in what you will find and make your OWN decisions. Cancer is ALL about Money!

Exellent story!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by slopeofyourmind

While theres no question VC is an essential nutrient there appears to be allot of information missing from this thread on this topic. Here is just some:

link

China, which exports more than 80 percent of the world's ascorbic acid – also known as vitamin C and a key food preservative – appears to have cut production over the past several months. ...Though there appears to be no reason to believe that Chinese vitamin C is contaminated, the sudden shortage highlights another cause for concern over America's growing reliance on Chinese food imports. Only one Western company, DSM of the Netherlands, still makes ascorbic acid, concentrating production in Scotland since shutting down its US plant two years ago. Chinese firms have driven all other competitors out of business.

link

People trying to improve their health read about all those wonderful vitamin C benefits. They go to the nearest grocery store or health food store and grab the first bottle they see. Most of the public is completely unaware that they are ingesting a product made from GMO's. ... If you prefer avoiding genetically modified crops (as I do), look for a non-GMO product. Unfortunately, they are hard to find. Most vitamin C supplements are made from GMO corn and, lately, sugar beets.

So not only does most of the ascorbic acid found in the U.S. originate in China, it is mostly produced from GMO corn. It would seem that careful selection of ascorbic acid products would be a good idea. I would look for something of a higher quality than ascorbic acid when shopping for VC supplements.

Secondly, regarding dosage, I trust this Dr.'s advice on vitamins:

www.drweil.com...

For the record, I used to recommend taking 2,000 to 6,000 mg of vitamin C daily (divided into three doses). However, in 1999 I lowered my recommendation to 200 to 500 mg (divided into two doses) after reviewing two well-designed studies showing that this amount of vitamin C more than saturates the body's tissues, and thus is sufficient to protect against cancer, heart disease and other chronic illnesses. One of the studies that influenced my decision analyzed clinical trials published in the April 21, 1999 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. It concluded that 200 mg a day is the maximum amount of vitamin C that human cells can absorb, making higher dosing on a daily basis pointless.

edit on 12-1-2013 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

Thanks for adding that imporant information about China.

With regard to the second post, that is over the counter supplements about what the body can absorb - this does not apply to Liposomal Vitamin C.

I need to go check where my Vitamin C came from!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just some more info to start your day:

Increase Absorption Dramatically -
Regular vitamin C is absorbed at approximately 19%, the balance remains in the gastrointestinal tract to attract water and loosen the bowels. Nanotechnology, liposomalized vitamin C is absorbed at 93%, measurable in the blood stream. A 390% increase in absorption! Get IV results with oral dosage!

What Are Nanotechnology Liposomes?
Nanotechnology refers to creating micro particles of the active material one wishes to coat with liposomes - in this case vitamin C. This requires expensive equipment and considerable time to complete. These micro particles are then inserted into special fat soluble materials resembling micro bubbles just a few millionths of an inch in diameter which are capable of sliding through the gut lining without being digested. The "bubbles" are now in the blood stream and are offered to the cells of the body as needed. As with the gut wall, the cell wall loves liposomes because they are made up of similar material (phosphatydal choline, lecithin, phosphatydal serine, CLA, etc) and the enclosed vitamin C is delivered directly into the cell while the liposomes are used by the cell wall or for other functions within the cell. A huge advance in both efficiency and effectiveness of supplemental nutrients!

Compare The Facts: •1,000 mg vitamin C tablet or capsule
Absorption 19% = 190 mg into blood stream

•1,000 mg liposomal vitamin C (1 tsp)
Absorption 93% = 930 mg into blood stream!

Source

AND THE COVERUP:

Conventional medicine wants to “cover up” the benefits of vitamin C

In a study first published in 2008, for the first time, using a special liposomal form of oral-dose vitamin C, researchers in Britain demonstrated it is possible to achieve cancer-killing concentrations of this vitamin without undesirable side effects. This study was completely overlooked by the cancer community. The study was published in a journal cataloged by the National Library of Medicine (NLM), but articles from that journal can NOT be accessed at the NLM website.

The report was submitted for publication, then the publisher of the journal changed editors and the new editor tried to scratch the report from its publication schedule. When the report finally got published, the journal itself was discontinued and its articles were no longer indexed by NLM.

This is how good science is hidden from the public! It appears to be an intentional effort to hide the benefits of vitamin C for cancer patients. By the way, an (online) abstract is provided at the Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine website.

Source

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

This is in response to the questions about why in the past that Vitamin C wasn't such an issue.

Declining Nutrition of Fruits and Vegetables

"...Actually, there is some evidence that the fruits and vegetables available to most people today don't contain the nutritional value they had about 40 or 50 years ago."

In 2004, a University of Texas research team headed by biochemist Donald Davis, Ph.D., analyzed a U.S. Department of Agriculture report on 43 common garden fruits and vegetables and found that almost half of the substances containing minerals important to good health had lost some nutritional value.

Why Did This Happen

"...the nutritional value in some produce was diluted through faster methods major agro-farm companies employed to grow high-yield crops to meet consumer demand."

According to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrient data, calcium content of broccoli which averaged 12.9 milligrams per gram of dry weight in 1950, had declined to only 4.4 mg/g dry weight in 2003

So in broccoli alone, the nutrient value has declined 60% in 50 years.

And in a study of much longer duration, Davis reported that in wheat and barley crops, protein concentrations declined by 30 to 50 percent between the years 1938 and 1990.

This is why we can't get enough vitamins in our diet!

Oh, then bring home that broccoli and cook it and it loses another 30% of it's nutrients.

I recomment reading this link:
Source
edit on 11-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

I AM SO GLAD someone did a thread on this again and pointed to these sources. I wanted to talk about this several months ago on here. I have spend months and months researching this stuff and am 110% convinced that certain powers within the FDA, USDA...knows that a typical American is severely deficient in ALL vitamins, Minerals, and stuck in the WHEAT/sugar/insulin resistance medical matrix of BREAKDOWN especially as they get older.

I PRAY all of you read these links...internalize it..and hear me loud and clear:

the RDA levels are MINIMUM levels of vitamins/minerals to SURVIVE and stay out of deficiency like scurvy. They were done in the 1940s and only SLOWLY change over time. For example they have known for year most Americans need 5000 IU of Vit D3 to get their blood levels up but refuse to make everyone aware.

Vitamin C I have learned is extremely important due to the work of Linus Pauling.

I strongly SUGGEST you all get on a more plant based diet...get off the WHEAT...make sure you are not spiking your blood sugar multiple times a day if you can help it( learn that bread/wheat is processed just like SUGAR in your BODY)...and PAY for and USE a high DOSE liquid vitamin AND....MINERAL..supplement.

NOT ENough of you are aware of how important the whole MINERAL spectrum is. I learned this from the work of Youngevity/Dr Wallach. PLant based, ORGANIC minerals are not HEAVY metal/water leached minerals. there is a HUGE difference and any one saying otherwise is a freaking FOOL who has criticized Alex Jone's message about a great supplement like BEYOND TANGY Tangerine, which I have used with IMMENSE success for 9 months now. If any of you have brain fog as you approach your mid 30s+ i guarantee the B complex and B12 are not being absorbed in your body . I also guarantee most of you are not getting the minerals..and minerals are KEY factors to unlocking your metabolism, getting the vitamins to work and be absorbed, and other processes.

Again, focusing on LIPOSOMAL Vitamin C like its the ONE CURE ALL...is a FRAUD IMO. You willl still be deficient in the other 89 or so ESSENTIAL nutrients

agian, you need to MASSIVELY UP your doses on all nutrients and make sure they are getting ABSORBED

you do that by using LIQUID nutrients...and STOP BUYING TABLETS and PILLS. You can also heal your absorpotion with digestive enzymes, probiotics..and just stopping the dam wheat at leaast for 6-9 months to let your instetines HEAL

again, if any one doubts what I am saying here..I have seen about a dozen personal contacts essentially changed forever with the beyond tangy tangerine from Youngevity..who I introduced to after the results I felt in 1 DAY..literally

AGAIN, the Elite HIDE the INFO that is plain as day out there. this so called FLU epidemic is just another sympton of the underlying issues of extreme nutrient deficiency. the FOOD is 100% confirmed to have been getting more deficient in many areas the last 100 years

I give you this..check out the vitamin C levels and other minerals crashing too
www.motherearthnews.com...

let alone GMO, etc. dam..hope this helps some people who have been sold the "vitamins/minerals are junk"

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Thank SuperTripps - I totally agree with everything you said.

I've had blood work done and found I'm borderline deficient in everything and highly deficient in Vitamin D.

Over the counter supplements and totally inadequite because the stomach breaks them down before they can be absorbed.

Although this thead only covers Vitamin C specifically, the same message can be applied to all Vitamins!

I've just gone through the USDA's study posted on their website about Vitamin C and their studies all say that higher doses cut cancer rates, heart disease, etc, etc, etc, on and on. And their studies are using 500mg - 6000mgs a day and says how beneficial it is, yet the daily recommendation remains at 75mg-90mg. Mind boggling.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is the chart provided by SuperTripps in the link above.

Source

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by SuperTripps

Thank SuperTripps - I totally agree with everything you said.

I've had blood work done and found I'm borderline deficient in everything and highly deficient in Vitamin D.

Over the counter supplements and totally inadequite because the stomach breaks them down before they can be absorbed.

Although this thead only covers Vitamin C specifically, the same message can be applied to all Vitamins!

I've just gone through the USDA's study posted on their website about Vitamin C and their studies all say that higher doses cut cancer rates, heart disease, etc, etc, etc, on and on. And their studies are using 500mg - 6000mgs a day and says how beneficial it is, yet the daily recommendation remains at 75mg-90mg. Mind boggling.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

Hi Julie, yes its a scam. a fraud. The info is out there like that texas study, this chart I posted, etc. Let alone the creation and effects from GMO FOOD

many people forget about hybidization and how the food industry has bred PLANTS/Fruits/etc to taste sweeter, etc over the years. Those things also can affect nutrient content, etc.

The missing piece from Dr Wallach is that the best form of MINERALS is that from Plants/veggies,greens, etc. See..this is a big key here...most people associate plants/veggies as bad tasting....and just about the fiber or antioxidant levels.

they forget a HUGE component of life....you get your MINERALS there..however the soil has been so stripped over the years..as that chart proves..mineral content has gone down in general across the board. These minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, chromium, are SO KEY to getting out of the medical matrix as well

When I learned about the wheat belly/Dr Davis and then learned about the Mineral Stuff...and how Gluten from wheat for example can destroy your BODY's own ability to absorb nutrients...there was 110% no doubt this stuff was rigged

wheat is added to everything. they do it to stimulate appetite, and to destroy your microvilla in a large population over the years. Half the population will only come down with symptons by 30s/40s...then they blame it on old age, etc.

wrong wrong wrong. you have been slow killing yourself and in breakdown MODE

anyone who disagrees can do my modified routine and prove it to themselves in 3-6 months. you will never go back in their food matrix again.

as soon as you avoid their food pyramid you are open to eating coconuts, eggs, all types of nuts, etc..because you wil be avoiding their snacks as well

for anyone still doubting how criminal the food/snack industry is..I plead with you to go research what PICA is. the bottom line is mineral deficiency shows up in HUmans mainly today as the urge to constantly SNACK/munchies.

focus on extreme nutrition, get digestive system healthy, avoid processed food/wheat as much as you can, get insulin under control, consume enough water, do a litle exercise..no need for HUGE amounts..and you can feel 50 times better and lose weight without trying

you won't go back to their paradigm again

edit on 12-1-2013 by SuperTripps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have been seeing a lot of hype over Vitamin C in here. This thread and the Liposomal (sp?) Vitamin C

You people need to be careful about what you're preaching. High dosages of Vitamin C can be dangerous for people with certain forms of anemia

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow
I have been seeing a lot of hype over Vitamin C in here. This thread and the Liposomal (sp?) Vitamin C

You people need to be careful about what you're preaching. High dosages of Vitamin C can be dangerous for people with certain forms of anemia

Wow, everything I've read indicates that Vitamin C is good for anemia.

I've searched and can not find any negative feedback.

Is there some source you can provide... just so we don't miss something.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well I just took my third gram of Liposomal Vitamin C in two days. So far, I've noticed nothing.

Maybe I should take more?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
Well I just took my third gram of Liposomal Vitamin C in two days. So far, I've noticed nothing.

Maybe I should take more?

How often are you taking it and how much each time?

Based on your health level... maybe you need to double the dosage.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Can you give me a .org source for this information. Although I do believe in the benefits of Vitamin C I find any site that also sells the product as being extremely unreliable. I would like a non-funded accredited source to base me information off, if you have that information it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Which brand(s) of non-GMO Ascorbic Acid is(are) recommended?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Can you give me a .org source for this information. Although I do believe in the benefits of Vitamin C I find any site that also sells the product as being extremely unreliable. I would like a non-funded accredited source to base me information off, if you have that information it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Who are you directing this question to?

An .org source for what information?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddpenguin
Which brand(s) of non-GMO Ascorbic Acid is(are) recommended?

I've seen Swansons and Now.

You might post this question in the other thread, you'll get better answers

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I see. Thank-you; I will do so. ^_^

oddpenguin

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just want to share something with you that I discovered last night. A friend of mine has Basal Cell Carsinoma. A small mole like cancer on her chest.

So I looked up to see if Vitamin could help with this and I was SHOCKED by what I read:

Topical Vitamin C Stops Basal Cell Carcinoma

OMNS Nov 9 2007) The most common form of skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma, often responds to a remarkably simple, safe, at-home treatment: vitamin C.

Physicians and patients report that vitamin C, applied directly to basal cell skin cancers, causes them to scab over and drop off.

Successful use involves a highly-concentrated vitamin C solution, directly applied to the blemish two or three times a day. Vitamin C is selectively toxic to cancer cells, but does not harm healthy skin cells. This is also the basis for high-dose intravenous vitamin therapy for cancer.

Even higher concentrations of vitamin C can be obtained by direct application. The use of topical vitamin C to kill basal cell carcinoma has been known at least since 1971. Frederick R. Klenner, MD, wrote: "We have removed several small basal cell epithelioma with a 30 percent ointment" of vitamin C.

One person, who reported that a 2mm diameter spot on the nose would not heal for months, had it disappear within a week with twice-daily concentrated vitamin C applications. Another patient reported that after dermatologist-diagnosed multiple spots of basal cell carcinoma were coated with vitamin C, the spots fell off within two weeks.

Basal cell carcinomas are slow growing and it is rare for them to metastasize. This provides an opportunity for a therapeutic trial of vitamin C, provided one has proper medical diagnosis and follow-up.

Preparation of a water-saturated vitamin C solution is simple. Slowly add a small amount of water to about half a teaspoon of vitamin C powder or crystals. Use just enough water to dissolve the vitamin C. Using less water will make a paste. Either way, application with the fingertip or a cotton swab, several times daily, is easy. The water will evaporate in a few minutes and leave a plainly visible coat of vitamin C crystals on the skin.

Source

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There have been multiple studies done on Vitamin C deficiency. It results in a disease called "scurvy", general weakness, and bleeding gums are the symptoms.

I take it too as a supplement, good grief. But the expectations here are way, way overly optimistic.

Anyway, more power to ya. Hope it cures all your ills.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My dad died from pancreatic cancer in 2000 and at the time, myself and the rest of my family had no idea about alternative treatments aside from a few things which didn't work. Sometimes, when I read things like this and watch doco's about other alternative treatments that have cured people it frustrates me because I wish I had this knowledge back then. But, I guess, these things happen for a reason.

Anyway, I thankfully don't know anyone that has cancer of any kind but I sure as heck will be telling people to try things like Vit C and other options before getting chemo/radio therapy.

Thanks for the info OP, i've spread the word to some friends and work colleagues so let's hope it gets out to more and more people!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join