It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which one is better to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is it better to be a leech or a slave these days? Give it some thought before you post.

I'm considered a leech because I get money from the federal government. I don't work to earn any money. Thanks to SSI I am going to be provided an apartment to reside in with one room mate. They call this semi-independent living. I visted the apartment. The area has a lot of stores like food places and stuff. I'll be living in the apt come Feb I heard. Right now I stay in a group home and don't like it because of theives and bedbugs. Soon as I move I'mma have all my fabric type things washed. I want to make sure I don't allow bedbugs to ruin the apartment I'm going to be living in prolly until my gardians move to another state. I have an option of upgrading to independent living, but since the location of the apt is so nice I'll be staying semi-independent. Basically that also means I pay less in rent and get to have my SSI money remain unchanged from then because of not moving. You see, moving lowers your money SSI provides. Anyway, I'd rather be a leech than some body working 9-5. Working nowadays makes you a wage slave. If I ever work again it'll be for myself.

When you work for someone you have a boss and supervisor on your back. How can you like that?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Explanation: S&F!

Great Question!

Personal Disclosure: I live like a king living like a leech on the broke arsed system in Australia.

The immoral broken system .. deserves me as a parasite and anybody supporting the current system is a tool of the system and a legitimate military target.

Anybody who disagrees can come work at my job of being professionally insane 24/7/365 for $2/hr with no rest breaks ever ok. :shk:

edit on 10-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken emoticon bbcode.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would be whatever makes me be able to take pride in myself and my life.
If I can wake up and say to myself "Iam doing ok in my life" and mean it that's the way to continue.
Not picking either of your choices because I do not consider myself to be either
but I do work.
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If your a "slave" you can enjoy more ways of getting off (in general -_- not sexually) bc you work for and earn it even if you have absolutely no idea of a nefarious reptilian plot to control the world through a secret world central bank.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
When you work for someone you have a boss and supervisor on your back. How can you like that?

Not if you show up for work, put in an honest days effort and provide results.

I enjoy working and like what I do.

I would much rather earn a living than have it handed to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I guess it all depends if you are happy or not. I don't mind working for my living, especially because I make a pretty damn good living doing what I do. Unfortunately for me, the hobbies I enjoy the most are also very expensive. I would not be happy if I couldn't provide for myself and had to rely on someone else, but maybe that's just me. To each their own. As long as you're happy, live however you want to live.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My guess is that you don't have a problem with the thought of having a a boss or a manager on your back but rather have a problem with taking responsibility......(oops, did I day that out loud?)

If I ever work again it'll be for myself.

Not with your attitude you won't.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'd probably find a way to get myself in trouble, if everything was given to me without working for it. Now I know it's different for a retiree, but if you're able to work, you should.

Not that everyone loves what they do, because I don't "love" it. It's reliable and brings the bread to my table for my family and I.
edit on 10-1-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

A leech is parasitic insofar as it needs the life-blood of others to survive.

Now imagine if everyone was a spineless leech. Soon the leeches would have no choice but to curl up and perish.

I suppose I would choose the less parasitic option.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

John. This is a thread where you and I are so diametrically opposed...I won't even post my thoughts...

Des

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm curious, if everyone followed you from slave to leach, where would the money come from so you could be a leach? Governments take from "slaves" to provide for "leaches", so if there are no more slaves, how would the Government pay the leaches?

I don't mind you calling yourself a "leach", but I do take exception to you calling the very people who provide the funds so you can exist "slaves". I suggest a little more gratefulness and a little less entitlement on your part might be in order.

You also might want to think about what you would do tomorrow if you woke up and the entire social safety net you rely on suddenly disappeared.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Explanation: Uhmmm?

So any free education [including that imparted by parents] is out of bounds then!

Personal Disclosure: Hypocrisy is not a choice ok! :shk:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by WarJohn

Not if you show up for work, put in an honest days effort and provide results.

I enjoy working and like what I do.

I agree with you elevatedone, 100%. Working for a living and being the best you can be certainly doesn't make you a slave. Having a job and (I'll say it) making money to buy things, go places, live where YOU want to live are just the tip of the iceberg of what you can do in your life.

Being a leech, well, that's a choice, if you're o.k. with that, more power to ya! If you're on disablitly, I'm assuming you honestly have a reason not to be able to not work, if not, then that is dishonest and just taking advantage of the system that all of the other hard working people pay into.

All the best to you.....hope life gets better! Yuk, bedbugs?
ID

top topics

join