It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two months after Superstorm Sandy. Storm survivors Check in and tell us how the cleanup and repairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First off I hope you are all well and suffered no damage.
Is FEMA following through with the cleanup, loans, etc.

The reports are all over the place.

They are going to pull the hotel subsidies on this Saturday 12 I hope that has been remedied.
www.nydailynews.com...

That some FEMA adjusters are being racist in their quotes.
fiststreaming.wordpress.com...

That with 9.7 Billion in aid the money is not going where it is needed.
www.nypost.com...

So from the people in the trenches what is really going on?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
if the hurricane hit georgia, there would have been billions already at work since november...but it's new york, and new jersey, so the white southern trash told them to go F themselves. as a person from california, that tells me if we have a devastating earthquake, that killed hundreds, and did billions in damge, we would be on our own......so with that in mind...i propose our state government ONLY give $1.00 in tax money for every $1.00 given to us by the feds, and we will keep that extra 61 cents now given, to ourselves, because the southern white trash will also tell us to go stick it because we are a blue state...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am not looking forward to hearing the horror stories if people in the trenches respond.

When the congress has to be bribed with billions in pork for their own states just to pass a bill to help those whose lives have just been decimated...well, these are sad times.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I had a friend who raised exotic birds she released them so they could fly away from the fire during the Malibu fires (93 ish) that FEMA gave her money to compensate for the loss but when they FEMA found out that she willingly released them they took the money back.

So if she had let the birds burn to death she would have been able to keep the funds but since she gave the birds a chance to save themselves knowing she would never catch them again. Birds do just fine here- every other person has fruit trees in the back yard, 70 miles north you have the nut groves of course there are pine trees here and there. We have flocks and flocks of wild parrots.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just found this.
5 billion for NY state repairs alone?
Why do City projects get first dibs on funds that were established to help people?

The money should go to people rebuilding their homes and lives FIRST! the cities pet projects should get the dregs. The fishtank subway is only 3 years old. New Yorkers got by fine without it before why does it get top billing?

This is how they sell FEMA to the taxpayers.
FEMA’s mission is to support citizens and first responders to ensure that we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards

www.chacha.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
it's a cluster....

I've got a few clients that are in hotels or staying with friends. One, in CT, was told the only way he'd get any money to help repair his home, was if he would raise the house up 6 feet (I think it was 6 feet). the problem is, in the 30 years he's been there, he's never had a flood, never even seen water near his home before this one and the cost to raise the home is not covered by the insurance or disaster relief and the cost is very expensive.

another client had 3+ feet of water in his studio (he lives on the second floor) which is a block from the river. more than half of his art was destroyed (he's an artist) and, worse, since there was over ten feet of water in the building (the basement was completely filled and the 3+ he had was all that didn't flood into the basement, the building has been shuttered by the city and all kinds of repairs need to be made to make the building safe again. The landlord isn't doing a thing. The guy can't work elsewhere because he produces his work on a floor easel that he created and has been using for decades. FEMA came by his place on the first day after the storm was over, saw that there was just wet stuff and told him that, since his home (upstairs) was untouched, they couldn't do anything for him. Then the city red taped the building and now he has to try and get fema to reopen the case. FEMA and the city blame the landlord, the landlord blames the city.

the guy suffers.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

These are the stories we should be hearing and talking about.
No one is talking about them, the MSM sweeps them under the rug

Not rebuilding pork barrel buffet projects for the city. The people should come first.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

there are stories out there but, for the most part, the locals want to get their lives back and they aren't concerning themselves with press coverage since it doesn't get them anything.

sadly, NYS, NJ and CT pay more in federal taxes each year than most states do and we get very little in return. The one time we seek aid we get held up. It's a travesty.

If this was Florida, a state with diminishing tax revenue, every year, they'd have had more than they needed sent out within days.

top topics

join