It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate Call to ban Soccer World Wide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
All this gun control talk got me thinking about violence and how to stop it. It got me to thinking about what kind of comparisons can be made to the knee jerk reaction to the shootings here in the States. I started wondering if Americans were more or less violent than some of their no gun owning neighbors overseas. Then soccer hit me right in the forehead.

How many people have been killed by riots in soccer stadiums? How many people have been stomped or killed by "hooligans" at Soccer matches? Well doing some research I discovered that going to soccer games any but the USA often results in violence!

BAN SOCCER DAMN IT!

edit on 10-1-2013 by Mamatus because: gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

It's Football why? because we play it with our feet.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You're totally right, soccer games and guns are the perfect comparison.....

Why do gun fanatics have to use such "out of this world" like comparisons to make their points?
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sorry I did not want to confuse the USA folks........ Seems we decided to call a bunch of men running around in tights and shoulder pads bending over and playing with pointy balls "football". Personally I don't get people thinking USA football is manly. Oops off topic lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heck.. Why ban soccer? From what I see of the aftermath of 'football' games, as they rest of the world seems to call it, I'd say there is a better solution!

Hand out one hand gun, 4 loaded high capacity magazines and 1 box of ammunition for good measure upon entering for the game. When it's over and one team's fans do what they so often seem to do in rioting and tearing everything up? Well... The guns will make the whole thing pass like a self cleaning oven! It'll just take crews to clean up that yuck that is always left after those self cleaning cycles.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Mamatus

You're totally right, soccer games and guns are the perfect comparison.....

Why do gun fanatics have to use such "out of this world" like comparisons to make their points?
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I think you missed my point. It is not a comparison between guns and soccer. It is a comparison regarding reactionary attitudes. football stadiums outside of the USA can be incredibly dangerous and violent places yet no one tries to ban football......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Silly game....22 men running around a lawn pretending to be hurt, kissing eachother, spitting endlessly and then jumping in a pool afterwards.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Mamatus

not true, football was coined with nothing to do with kicking balls fyi

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

i would rather ban guns than soccer,

i have dreams still to this day of playing soccer, and just got into coaching, guns i could do with out, as long as the military,policemen and home land security got rid of theres as well.

but if soccer was banned i would be playing back alley games and coaching underground soccer leagues
edit on 10-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yeah better ban that nasty sport before some nutter grabs a Soccer Ball, enters a cinema and starts kicking it at peoples heads.....

....or better yet - use it to gain entry into a primary school and dong 20 kids on the head with it.

I shall call it Wilson.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thousands of men attend football matches week in and out and support there team sing chant and cheer and just like in religeon worldwide these a select few that go that bit further and cause chaos... Now then take away football and that pent up stress of work which gets released watching football then you have probably got more of a problem as that stress will be channelled elsewhere.. Football is also what keeps a lot of people together and gives hope to youngsters who play football in countries where they're never gonna amount to anything less.. Now I don't go to church but I'm at bramall lane weekly watching Sheffield united and I suppose you could call that my religion. Football has come on a lot in recent years and keep a lot of kids from drugs and crime

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Mamatus

not true, football was coined with nothing to do with kicking balls fyi

Sure about that?

There are confilicting explanations of the origin of the word "football". It is widely assumed that the word "football" (or "foot ball") references the action of the foot kicking a ball. There is an alternative explanation, which is that football originally referred to a variety of games in medieval Europe, which were played on foot. There is no conclusive evidence for either explanation.

Wiki- etymology of "football"

Debatable, but not "nothing" to do with kicking balls me thinks.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
All this gun control talk got me thinking about violence and how to stop it. It got me to thinking about what kind of comparisons can be made to the knee jerk reaction to the shootings here in the States. I started wondering if Americans were more or less violent than some of their no gun owning neighbors overseas. Then soccer hit me right in the forehead.

How many people have been killed by riots in soccer stadiums? How many people have been stomped or killed by "hooligans" at Soccer matches? Well doing some research I discovered that going to soccer games any but the USA often results in violence!

BAN SOCCER DAMN IT!

edit on 10-1-2013 by Mamatus because: gwammer and speeeeling

More people die from bee sting's.Ban Honey.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ban life, life kills...

(Need a stern smiley for seriousness)

edit on 10/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just for those with no sense of the absurd: My thread was meant to be nothing more than humorous. I do not advocate banning football. I do not advocate banning guns either so there ya go ( :

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

Sorry I did not want to confuse the USA folks........ Seems we decided to call a bunch of men running around in tights and shoulder pads bending over and playing with pointy balls "football". Personally I don't get people thinking USA football is manly. Oops off topic lol.

What`s wrong with american football? it`s not like they have penalties for being too rough...never mind,yeah they do:

Roughing the passer is a personal foul and results in a 15-yard penalty against the offending team.

football.about.com...

comparing banning guns to banning soccer is like comparing apples to space shuttles.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Considering no one is planning on banning guns, just assault rifles, then I see no point to this thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
chris rock was spot on with his comment...
"make bullets $5,000 each" and that should stop a lot of gun crime
its absolutely a brilliant idea

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

BAN SOCCER DAMN IT!

Banning soccer will hurt the economy of competing countries. It won't happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
youve got to be kidding!!!!!!

Soccer is by far the worlds most girliest effiminate sport by an absolute mile!!!!!

Wanna talk about banning any sport talk about AFL, a proper mans game

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join