It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate Call to ban Soccer World Wide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ban soccer? I'm sorry but I live in the UK and travel many miles to watch my team at home and away, it's my weekly release of reality. There is no rioting in the UK at football games, maybe in the 1980's but defiantly not now. It brings the community together, a match day experience with my 2 sons is the most exciting days of my life and I have a lot more of them to come. Long live football and PLAY UP SKYBLUES!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by skyblueworld because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Do you people really think I was serious about banning soccer? Wow, I thought this crowd was a bit brighter than that.

I would advocate killing all gang members immediately. Nothing will change the crime statistics here in the USA any quicker.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Obviously you're not advocating banning soccer, but your comparison is still ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
nevermind

edit on 10-1-2013 by GrandStrategy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
youve got to be kidding!!!!!!

Soccer is by far the worlds most girliest effiminate sport by an absolute mile!!!!!

Wanna talk about banning any sport talk about AFL, a proper mans game

You're lucky soccer exists, if it didn't then AFL would be by far the worlds most girliest effeminate sport!

In the toughness, man stakes AFL is behind hockey, american football, canadian football and every code of rugby.

AFL pales in comparison, just a sport for victorian metrosexuals, am i rite?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

While it may seem ridiculous it was truly more about the irrational math behind banning guns... As people have pointed out, there are a lot of things that kill more people. In the last 20 years violence has decreased by 50% in the USA. Yet suddenly it is time to ban guns.

The math behind the ban is ludicrous. Hence the ludicrous post.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

You're lucky soccer exists, if it didn't then AFL would be by far the worlds most girliest effeminate sport! In the toughness, man stakes AFL is behind hockey, american football, canadian football and every code of rugby.

MUHAHAHAHAHA

You speak from a position of utter ignorance so not only are you denied but you are forgiven.

You are obviously trolling if you can even begin to compare a bunch of pad wearing sissy boys to our AFL warriors

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

You're lucky soccer exists, if it didn't then AFL would be by far the worlds most girliest effeminate sport! In the toughness, man stakes AFL is behind hockey, american football, canadian football and every code of rugby.

MUHAHAHAHAHA

You speak from a position of utter ignorance so not only are you denied but you are forgiven.

You are obviously trolling if you can even begin to compare a bunch of pad wearing sissy boys to our AFL warriors

AFL warriors, lol what a joke

every sport i mentioned is tougher by any measure. American football and hockey players are many times tougher than AFL players. Australian football is a soft sport for soft people. That's why every AFL hits video that is half decent is flooded with clips from not just years, but decades ago. Suit up and have a go, it's insurmountably a harder sport.

You couldn't make a respectable seasonal compilation of AFL hits if you tried, because they're a complete anomaly. The only impacts of merit are purely accidental, players colliding in mid air. You can make a video just as tough with soccer clips of bad tackles and people elbowing each other in the head if that was your intention.

Those who have sat down and watched AFL knows it's pretty much free of any serious physical contact. The tackles in AFL are comparable to hugs, it's the sort of stuff you'd see, literally, in u10's football or rugby

All I see are hugs. Hugs aren't tough, bro.

no hugging in those, only vicious collisions, and unlike the AFL, these are hits that happen frequently, it's not a once in the blue moon thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

i give that sport its due and proper, it is rougher than soccer and puts American football to shame, but what sport doesn't put American football to shame(i wish i got to take a break between every play...) anyways from the few people ive met that play rugby they are usually a little off there rocker when it comes to anger issues and pain. Its almost as if these guys wannna get hurt. (and they usually do). and im sure you know alot more of these players than i, but it would bet that everyone of them has a alcohol problem or had at one point in there life. WHich isnt a problem to me. im just saying you add anger issues sado mascaism and a little bit of alcohol abuse a what do you get?

a sport i want to stay away from

because i would end up playing it till my bone was sticking out of leg into somed dudes eye and then go drink a 1/5 afterwards. lol

edit on 10-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes, Soccer puts American Football to shame. I mean the kids that suffer paralyzing spine injuries and brain damage from American Football is really a lot less threatening than a knee or ankle injury which also is a problem that plagues American Football.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

sorry man but,
1.nfl gets to wear pads, i would like to see how hard would these guys play if they were just men on the field and not lbs of equipment.

2. nfl players get a small to moderate break between each play. and that is why hockey has the upper hand in toughness.

3. nfl plays the shortest season compared to the other team sports in question. so they have more time to recover.

sorry man, nfl is an epic fail

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

people that hurt there spine and head in nfl obviously place the hardness of the hit over the accuracy, and effectiveness of the hit, which says to me they deserve a darwin award.

to me its common sense to want to place the importance of skill, agility and awareness over strength, but i guess when your teachers passed you through school so you could play in the big game your brain is not challenged ever and there fore common sense does not come so easy.(oh yeah im sure the roids dont help either)

tackling and hitting is a integral part of football, if players want to play football, and not master the art of there trade its on them, it does not mean that the sport is any tougher, it only means that people are not as smart in the nfl as in other sports. but this is america you dont get payed millions for being smart.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

people that hurt there spine and head in nfl obviously place the hardness of the hit over the accuracy, and effectiveness of the hit, which says to me they deserve a darwin award.

to me its common sense to want to place the importance of skill, agility and awareness over strength, but i guess when your teachers passed you through school so you could play in the big game your brain is not challenged ever and there fore common sense does not come so easy.(oh yeah im sure the roids dont help either)

tackling and hitting is a integral part of football, if players want to play football, and not master the art of there trade its on them, it does not mean that the sport is any tougher, it only means that people are not as smart in the nfl as in other sports. but this is america you dont get payed millions for being smart.

I was speaking strictly on how vicious the hits are and how we get called out on wearing pads when our sport is just a violent through the pads. In American Football it is about how hard you hit because that is how the game is played, the analytical mind is left to the passer, receivers and coaches.

To each his own but I find it insulting when I find people calling us pansy because of pads when they have never played the sport themselves especially when having dealt with friends end up life changing injuries myself.

Also there is no reason to call people out on their education because they are a football player, sports run deep in a lot of culture and I'm sure rugby and soccer players get preferential treatment at times also and passed through school.

And really? A steroid comment? You act like only Americans have access to this drug when I know for sure it is a problem that plagues tons of other sports notably rugby.

Again I'm just pointing out the pads or not American Football is just as rough, just here denying ignorance.
edit on 1/10/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
DP
edit on 1/10/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

as i pointed out before, if these guys were not wearing pads im sure there skill and agility would go up and life threatening injuries would go down.

and yes drugs are everywhere, but when your add roids to football. trying to break someone in half with a tackle becomes more important than the point of the hit in the first place.

any physical confortation is ruled by the mind and the mind of your opponent, so if a football player only wants to hit hard as he can and not take the time to develop his mind than he deserves his injuries(im talking upper level players, not kids obviously).

a warrior either lives to fight another battle, or dies with purpose on the battle field, and it is not a warriors weapon that allows him to die an old man in his sleep, but his mind.

since sports players our are new gladiators in the arena to entertain the masses, all would do well to know this.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

sorry man but,
1.nfl gets to wear pads, i would like to see how hard would these guys play if they were just men on the field and not lbs of equipment.

2. nfl players get a small to moderate break between each play. and that is why hockey has the upper hand in toughness.

3. nfl plays the shortest season compared to the other team sports in question. so they have more time to recover.

sorry man, nfl is an epic fail

They wear pads for a reason, same reason in hockey there's extensive protective equipment. How can you slam the NFL for pads and not hockey? They're either both soft because of pads or neither is

trust me as somebody who's been padded up if only for a mess around on a park, the contact is serious. Those gay-ass throws in the AFL don't compare

Season length doesn't mean much. Boxers fight once, maybe twice a year, aren't they tough? Breaks between play also aren't a good sign of toughness. If anything being refreshed helps make the sport more physical, the same way the substitution rules in rugby changing over the years has equaled bigger players, more injuries, because you don't need as much gas in the tank. You don't need to go non stop to be tough.

You have to give respect where respect is due. American football is unbelievably physical and barbaric in spite of the pads. No question it's tougher than Australian football. And it's about the same level as rugby and hockey, depending on who you want to ask.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

i thought rugby and Australian football were the same? im probably wrong

and season length does matter and it especially matters when your playing in a non stop type game, football is stopped every play, i see these nfl guys with there hands on there hips breathing hard after the first play. yeah there true athletes

when nfl steps out of the pads and plays with there own metal they will have my respect, ill even look past the short seasons and the continuous break in play.

these nfl guy get payed millions to be sub par athletes that dont even learn to properly play the game, all they wanna do is get jacked and hit someone hard as they can.

and btw i do know there were some great athletes in the nfl, but as in most comparisons its a select few out of many, barry sanders, jerry rice, joe montana, and equal caliber defensive players ect. but its only these select few allstars that have mastered there trade. The rest cry when they get hurt and demand money and more protection, when they they could actually use there free time to master there trade instead of shooting there girlfriends, starting dog fighting rings, clubbing, tv and movie appearances, and doing nike commercials.

football players only get hurt because it doesn't take much discipline or intelligence, therefore injury's are more common, therefore making it look like a tough sport. but since most of america is in love with football i know my words only fall on deaf ears.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Iam a Brit and even I know AFL is one of the hardest sports around, I used to live with a Tasmanian dude and he showed me a whole lot of vids and boy I thought lacross was dangerous.
They wear those tight shorts to impress the Sheilas I think

Oh god this thread has turned into a "who's sportmen are the hardest thread" lol
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
www.the-top-tens.com...

Ooops I spoke to soon Lacross is harder than all of what you lot have mentioned.
But so is Cheerleading lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join