It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous wants DDoS attacks recognized as speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

Strictly out of curiosity... I wonder if that is a real person... (don't go looking) and I wonder if that is the same as identifying yourself as "Anonymous?"

I didn't imagine that was a real identity given... but I suppose it is not illegal to start a petition - even if the request is not strictly legal...

Well everything over the internet is really anonymous, you can claim to be anyone. I was just pointing it out.

If he wanted to be "Anonymous" I'm sure he could have just typed that in as a name. Only thing they ask for when creating account is first and last name(which I'm sure you could type anything), email and for you to go to your email to verify.

Would have looked much cooler if he had signed up as "Anonymous" in my opinion.

edit on 1/10/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I understand Anon wants this as a defensive tool, but it would actually benefit the big guy a lot more.

If DDoS attacks were legal, government officials and corporations could use them against anyone they want at any time, for any reason. Corporations such as Apple or Microsoft could DDoS every one of their smaller competitors just to get an edge, without any legal ramifications. It could also be used to suppress speech. News site publishes a story criticizing Apple's use of Foxcon? Down it goes.

That's not an internet I'd like to have.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I didn't think of this, very well put point.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Can anybody else see the irony that "Anonymous" is asking for "names" on a petition?

edit on 10-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Regular protests were designed to interrupt as well. Until they came up with all the BS "free speech zones" and such nonsense.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
"Anonymous wants"

Who the hell is anonymous first of all? Oh, so some kid in his parent's basement yeah?

Okay, well, as Anonymous, I vote no, we don't do that.

Is my opinion even with that one? Wheres my news story plz thx

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

For example, lets say their is a story in the news of a mother abusing her child. They will find every thing they can about the person on the internet and use it in what ever way they can to torment the target. They blindingly fallow and believe they are doing good. They are playing the judge, the prosecutor without ever meeting the person or hearing their side of the story. They only go by what the news says. Witch means they can EASILY be manipulated, used as pawns. I used to have a friend that considered him self to be apart of the group. Their is allot you can do with a little information from the net. Anon is wide and physically finds people. He used to tell me allot of fked up # thinking he was doing it for a good cause.

You can find the group on 4chan, if you are thinking about joining be weary, you will be used as a pawn to destroy INNOCENT peoples life's.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

From my experience this is incorrect, I think you will find many do a similar job as too what many do here. They are after the truth and dont simply follow MSM and go after someone. I have spoken in many chatrooms and on the tor network with people who have been involved with anonymous events around the world. Not too mention I have peacefully protested in London on countless occasions and spoken with many people there also. I am however only speaking from personal experience.

Unfortunately they have lost a lot of credibility due too teenagers popping a mask on and chatting sh*t on facebook.

Im sorry but your friend who claims to have been part of the group was probably part of that problem. 4chan is by no means related to anonymous, maybe you would find members years ago lurking. nowadays its nothing but little kids. Little kids doing there own little ops for sh*ts and giggles NOT anonymous.

In regard to DDos attacks, the petition is stupid. It highlights the problem with anonymous. That anyone can claim to be a part of it, I dont doubt those against anonymous constantly try too ruin there reputation.

Sorry am posting at work and will return to this later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join