It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Discover a Planet Almost Identical to Earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by unitedeufope
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

If life didn't exist elsewhere we wouldn't be here, we didn't come from nothing, someone or somethiing had to seed us. It could well have come from this new discovered planet, it could be our orignal home and we were just sent here many years ago to colonise earth!

I often think of this place like a penal colony. like austalia was in the 1800's. Like our ancestors were dumped here to rot.I mean the way we treat the place and slaughter each other on a day to day basis. We are more barbaric that the wildest animals.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If life didn't exist elsewhere we wouldn't be here, we didn't come from nothing, someone or somethiing had to seed us. It could well have come from this new discovered planet, it could be our orignal home and we were just sent here many years ago to colonise earth!

Well, from my many years of research, trying to find answers...the only reasonable one...that "makes sense" would be the creation theory. God created man, from dirt; breathed in him, the "Breath of Life" and he became a living being. Then, God created woman; from man....and they did the rest.

Now, i say that, having looked at science; and even science will agree to that; more than it does with the "evolution" process. If you want to believe you came from apes, well, that's on you. If you want to believe a bang occurred causing EVERYTHING to fall properly into place; that's on you. If you don't know what to believe, then, research until you're FULLY convinced.

I'm CONVINCED there is no other life forms; like ours. I'm CONVINCED that we were created. And i'm also convinced that TPTB don't want us to know the truth!!! That, would be a DANGEROUS thing!

The main reason why i'm not convinced of anything TPTB have taught us to believe is simply because lots of things are 'shrouded in secrecy'; from the story of Jesus to the moon landing. Then, you have all the world wars and the banking scandals. I mean, there is SOMETHING.....THEY ARE NOT TELLING US!!! Something VITAL to who WE "really are"....as a "species".

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Life does exist all over the place. Maybe not on one of those discovered planets but it is definitely on billions of planets out there. It is a natural part of the universe!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For all those who have denied the existence of extraterrestrials, you are a massive step closer to being WRONG!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Thats not necessarily true.

While panspermia is a plausible theory its not the only way life could have got started here.

Indeed it breaks down when you follow it through since life had to get started somewhere at some point without being seeded from elsewhere.

Therefore biological life must be capable of being a spontaneous event given the right chemicals and environmental factors.

If you accept that then given the size and age of the universe its unlikely (to me) that we are the first and only. Although we could be the first and only to develop technology. Thats likely a much rarer thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
My thoughts? I am taking this into a new direction.

After many more "discoveries" and articles from these scientists...
A perceived threat will come from the skies in the form of "extra-terrestrials".
Just like the plan I read about years ago...

It will be the largest threat to ever hit modern civilization.
Global chaos will ensue.
But will it be real?

What will happen, you ask?
Everything from nationwide riots, to modern warfare.
The television will be it's greatest ally.
Striking fear into households daily.
Fear drives this nation to consume.
It will also drive it to accept whats coming.

More control.

(You wanted my thoughts. That's exactly what came to mind)

Yes isn't it odd how they supposedly find these things and come up with details when we are told they can just see a shadow or effect on the discovered planets sun and that is how they know it is there.

Seems to me like there is a lot we are not told about their capabilities in space.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why would TPTB know anything more than the average Joe about God, afterlife or life on other planets? TPTB is just people, insecure people on power trip. They know nothing about spirituality or life in the universe!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think we've known about other Earth-like planets for quite some time. It seems like they are back-feeding us the information they already knew.

The same will happen with alien life. They will slowly ramp up the news articles and 'discoveries' until it doesn't surprise anyone when alien life is found. The newest Mars rover WILL detect something eventually.

Just like how technology is slowly released and introduced to the public from the government, these discoveries are too.

15 years ago we barley had 1 exo-planet. Now we have a slew of them, and some might be Earth-like. We also have people working on real warp drives. I have a feeling those are already being used, and we are being spoon fed information about them.

With the privatizing of space, TPTB know they can't hide up there anymore. The secret space programs will have to be disclosed over time in stages. This is what accounts for the crazy level of "discoveries" and "advances" in science and astronomy. It's already been discovered, invented, tested and used. We are just now being allowed to become aware of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I know, right?

You can use the Hubble and see galaxies that are 10 billion light years away, but you can't snap an actual visual image of an exoplanet?

I've never understood that.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I say we invade that Earth planet and take their resources!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw...great find OP. S&F.

I really think that with all of these "Earth" findings we are beginning to see how small our world really is. With the development in quantum physics, hopefully the saying won't it's a small world after all...rather, it's a small universe after all.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

"50%" bigger.

Man, that's a lot more gravity. I'd weigh like 20 pounds more!

Also realize that most of these planets they discover probably have some form of life. But the lack of communications or anything of interest kind of infers that they are dead to civilizations of our advancement or beyond.

In all likelihood, a lot of these worlds will be radioactive wastes from failed civilizations.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Seems to me you should not be waiting to be told stuff and research what you like to know.

I suggest you start here!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by unitedeufope

Except life can come from no where.

In fact, you yourself can make proto-cells with kitchen items:

Add in a billion years and some complex organic chemistry, and you will get life.

Yes, it is that simple.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How long until we have the tech to study its atmosphere (or confirm it doesnt have one) do you think?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
it sounds like they are accelerating disclosure of things that have know about for a long time,but why now?
this should be an interesting year.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
There're lots of planets and lots of people and machines looking for them.

We found our first extrasolar planet in the 1990's, I believe.

It's like the exponential growth of computing.

Nothing conspiratorial about it.

Underlined above do you not realise yet 95% of members see a conspiracy in EVERYTHING they post or there is no point in them being on here.

After all why let facts spoil a possible conspiracy theory

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
My thoughts? I am taking this into a new direction.

After many more "discoveries" and articles from these scientists...
A perceived threat will come from the skies in the form of "extra-terrestrials".
Just like the plan I read about years ago...

It will be the largest threat to ever hit modern civilization.
Global chaos will ensue.
But will it be real?

What will happen, you ask?
Everything from nationwide riots, to modern warfare.
The television will be it's greatest ally.
Striking fear into households daily.
Fear drives this nation to consume.
It will also drive it to accept whats coming.

More control.

(You wanted my thoughts. That's exactly what came to mind)

That's project blue beam!
nice, it could be true.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The differences are slight.

It's roughly 50 percent larger than Earth

Would you even be able to stand up on that planet? How about breathe?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy

Seems to me you should not be waiting to be told stuff and research what you like to know.

I suggest you start here!

I am not sure what your response means telling me to read wikipedia?

I have read a lot about space and fining planets and such what does that have to do with my comment?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join