It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One New Town massacre of blacks happen every single day yet nobody cares

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have tried two times to reply to this. Truth is I don't care about gang-on-gang violence. If the majority of that group is black, that's not my problem. When have government programs/intervention actually worked? It would just be more money thrown at people who don't seem to want to change and improve.
In other words, a big waste.
If you choose to live by the bullet, you need to accept you will probably die by one. Their choice, not mine.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

You know what I find ironic. When the shooter is non-black they ( the media) automatically bring the shooters history into play. Was he depressed, on medication, abused , or what ever excuse the media finds. However black on black murders are never given that consideration. Never mind the fact that many shooters in the inner city are born into dsyfunction. They are already at a disadvantage when they come out of the womb. They are born into mentally and financially unstable homes but the media never considers those issue. Its just black black crimes, thugs and gangsters. People are so easy to blame without considering the history. Why should Lanza's history been a factor? Why could he have not just been a thug?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This isn't the point people should be illustrating, tho it does show that the stats are "inflated" with these gang on gang crimes. The point people should look at, is the fact that Obama's drone strikes have killed hundreds of children in the last couple of years, yet there is no media outcry, or press meetings when this happens...

It seems that simply because of the skin color, or the national denomination of these people, they are considered to be worth less in the eye's of the government, and many people who serve this corrupted whore house.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by lolita64
Funny how the gun control retards always bring up the total gun deaths in the US to prove their point... but when you point out that 50-75% of all gun homicide are done by gangbangers, you don't want to hear that point again uh??

They call you racist because gang-banger is code. The truth is that they are ones that are racist. They NEVER bring up those murders except on the 11 o'clock news and they've stopped telling you that it is a black person that was killed there as well.

The killings are happening in their cities which are utterly dominated by Democrats and have been for 50 years. They segregated blacks in to ghettos, deprived them of protection and work. They created the situation and then REQUIRE that those same blacks vote for their prison guards every election to keep them imprisoned.

so?....how many small southern towns have hired black people for good paying jobs, and welcomed them into their social community?...i guess none...since all of these blacks have moved to the democratic ghetto infested cites. i think we as a nation should set aside the state of georgia for all of the racists to live in...all white people, all christian, all republicans, no abortions, no birth control, no public schools, no gun laws, no pollution controls, etc.....that way they'll feel safer and more free.
edit on 9-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Gang bangers shooting other gang bangers is completely different than a man walking into a school and massacring a class full of defenseless five year olds. You can't compare the two.

completely correct and while i hate to say it even gang bangers have codes of conduct. They my hit a kid with a stray bullet but its not the intended target they just suck at aiming. actually they may have even higher child death rates because of stray bullets opps! Regardless most gang bangers are convicts so they shouldn't be able to get a gun " does that stop them?" no. So this leaves us with one question if cops and military are the only people who should have guns there has to be a reason right? I mean they must not shot innocent people ever lol or ever make a mistake right?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by priceless34
reply to post by stars15k

You know what I find ironic. When the shooter is non-black they ( the media) automatically bring the shooters history into play. Was he depressed, on medication, abused , or what ever excuse the media finds. However black on black murders are never given that consideration. Never mind the fact that many shooters in the inner city are born into dsyfunction. They are already at a disadvantage when they come out of the womb. They are born into mentally and financially unstable homes but the media never considers those issue. Its just black black crimes, thugs and gangsters. People are so easy to blame without considering the history. Why should Lanza's history been a factor? Why could he have not just been a thug?

that would be my point as well. if you don't want a goodly portion of your citizenry to be dysfunctional, stop encouraging dysfunction by using racial, religious or financial status to determine worth and for cripes sakes, stop the drug wars, all the war against drugs has done is create scarcity and therefore demand, and the stakes go up in parallel.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Desensitized? Perhaps.

Or simply tired of seeing the lifestyle glorified? Perhaps.

A combination? Again, perhaps.

As for me? All the above.

I've watched the phenomena of the "gang banger" lifestyle be glorified in song (?), and in movies, since the late '80's. ...kids growing up wanting to become like their idols of song and movie...

Your whole post was spot on
! But I will just focus on this part of it.

My first real memory of gang violence and its exploitation by Hollywood is rooted in the movie "Colors" in 1988. The tagline for that movie was "70,000 gang members. One million guns. Two cops." It was all down hill from there. Crips and Bloods were somehow cool... Gangsta Rap soon followed and further down we go... Look at where we are now. That sort of violence is just an accepted norm. Look at Chicago.. 530 murders in 2012 most of which were school aged kids. No big deal...Strict gun laws did nothing to protect those victims and no one pays attention.

People only focus on the "massacres' that happen in a "Vanilla" school to "vanilla" children. As Cornel West points out... He's right! That's the only way the current adminstration can fast track its agenda to CONTROL the nation and its people. The victims are nothing more than a means to an end...

Meanwhile... The gang bangers will still have their guns and their turf wars and Hollywood will continue to glorify it. Movies stars will continue with their current film streaks full of gun violence. They will then collect the big pay checks on Friday and protest against guns and gun owners on Sunday. Then back to the studio on Monday...

Time to change the narrative...

edit on 9-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Time to change the narrative...

It is one of the most hypocritical narratives I have ever heard then they arm Irs agents, they are buying millions of rounds of ammunition, the give guns to drug cartels, and middle eastern "freedom fighters" guns are fine in everyones hands but ours.

I have never been so sick to death in my life it has never been about doing the right thing not once the only thing it is about is power and control.

People both black and white have been dying for decades never letting a good crisis go to waste here come the fascists.

Hollywood and government both have one overriding theme : make believe.
edit on 9-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Indeed! They cannot control a well armed population. The first step to total control was Obamacare and the contrived Healthcare crisis that was used to feed the mania that supported it. Now another series of crises each just a little worse than the last. All being used to take us to the tipping point.

I just can't believe that we are watching this play out like we are.... All brought to us by a bunch of degenerate hypocrites. The "means to and end" bunch....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The hypocrisy should be evident, you would think...

Try to take ours, or at least heavily curtail access to them. Yet go out of their way to supply "freedom fighters", or drug cartels in order to further some agenda, or other.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by neo96

The hypocrisy should be evident, you would think...

Try to take ours, or at least heavily curtail access to them. Yet go out of their way to supply "freedom fighters", or drug cartels in order to further some agenda, or other.

We are not going to hear those facts in a national "debate" they stay with all their "emotional rhetoric".

Makes me ashamed.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Gang bangers shooting other gang bangers is completely different than a man walking into a school and massacring a class full of defenseless five year olds. You can't compare the two.

I agree. Violent people in opposing gangs will kill each other with sticks if they have to. They do it one at a time and they don't go into schools and kill innocent children 20 at a time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by lolita64
Funny how the gun control retards always bring up the total gun deaths in the US to prove their point... but when you point out that 50-75% of all gun homicide are done by gangbangers, you don't want to hear that point again uh??

They call you racist because gang-banger is code. The truth is that they are ones that are racist. They NEVER bring up those murders except on the 11 o'clock news and they've stopped telling you that it is a black person that was killed there as well.

The killings are happening in their cities which are utterly dominated by Democrats and have been for 50 years. They segregated blacks in to ghettos, deprived them of protection and work. They created the situation and then REQUIRE that those same blacks vote for their prison guards every election to keep them imprisoned.

so?....how many small southern towns have hired black people for good paying jobs, and welcomed them into their social community?...i guess none...since all of these blacks have moved to the democratic ghetto infested cites. i think we as a nation should set aside the state of georgia for all of the racists to live in...all white people, all christian, all republicans, no abortions, no birth control, no public schools, no gun laws, no pollution controls, etc.....that way they'll feel safer and more free.
edit on 9-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Yea, instead of segregating by race let's segregate people according to their beliefs. Sounds like a solid plan. Very progressive.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is one of the most hypocritical narratives I have ever heard then they arm Irs agents, they are buying millions of rounds of ammunition, the give guns to drug cartels, and middle eastern "freedom fighters" guns are fine in everyones hands but ours.

Man you hit the nail right on the head, the hypocrisy of it all.

All the posters have made thought provoking post, it is so very complicated.

As far as ignoring there is a problem, visit some of the other topics on how our politicians have kept the minorities down, anyone not thinking minorities or those living in the inner city need to learn to be self-sufficient, gets flamed .

and I too live in the inner city.

edit on 043131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Guns kills more than saves...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassHero
Guns kills more than saves...

Really?

Guess all those evil guns get up and walk all of their own, aim themselves, and pull the trigger all by themselves.

Any gun laws ever save anyone?

They only punish after the fact for something that the law agianst murder already covers.
edit on 9-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not everyone living in the hood are criminals. Just like not all Italian people are in the mob. A lot of innocent people get caught in the crossfire or robbed by a thug and killed.

edit on 9-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Not everyone living in the hood are criminals. Just like not all Italian people are in the mob. A lot of innocent people get caught in the crossfire or robbed by a thug and killed.

edit on 9-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Is that right?

Lot of innocent people being killed in the middle east every day by the very people who so many are all too willing to surrender their constitutional right of self protection.

Now if anyone ever needed a reason to keep and bear arms that is rather a damn good reason oh but wait that is why they wrote the second amendment,.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Actually its true because a lot of gang violence happens in or near schools.

And tons of innocent little kids got hit by stray bullets.

Why are people saying you cannot compare them in this fashion I do not know.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

I am honestly curious as to why you consider the two incomparable. I am being serious, not sarcastic.

Why? I have heard this sentiment expressed from the anti-gun folks as if it is the most obvious thing on Earth. Perhaps I am more obtuse than most but I believe a comparison and including it in the discussion is important.

I can tell you what someone like me thinks when they here this (do not take this personally):

1. These are minority kids so they don't count.

2. I am driving an agenda dependent upon a specifically framed emotional backdrop. Do not derail that.

3. Any reference to facts is anathema to progress.

Please help me out otherwise I am stuck perceiving this approach as code-speak for 'you are stupid, I am superior, and the Starbucks/Soccer Mom-Dad/Left Leaning/Closet Racist/Reality Denying crowd will remain forever safe from the untermensch and their tools of evil in poor taste'. That in itself is short sighted and I do not want to be guilty of that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join