It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chia seeds in bulk vanishing in your town?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have been taking a tablespoon of Chia seeds in the morning for about 8 months. (Yes the same seeds as in "ch-ch-ch-chhiaaa) I was getting them in bulk bins at Winco, Raleys, and Sunflower. There's not a whole foods here in my town (I'm in Nor-cal). There all "temporarily out of stock" I can only buy them in 9oz. Bags for 12-14$ a bag, rather expensive for my budget. They are amazing appetite suppressing seeds, tasty, and clean the walls of your "pipes" great. Has anyone noticed this bulk shortage? Is the chia fad causing companies to market 9oz bags only? Next time at your store near you that carries bulk bins of seeds and grains, see if this is happening locally as well.

I talk to managers who are responsible for ordering them & they all say "we will be getting more in a week" well it's been 4 months at every store here and same shortage. Is this just a NorCal issue or a manipulation of the Chia market?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
?????????????????????????????

Chia pet seeds?
Is this a common thing in your area,buying bulk chia pet seeds?
New to me and maybe,just maybe,they are holding out on you.
But I don't know why.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
www.google.com.au...=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=hp&cp=14&gs_id=g&xhr=t&q=chia+seeds+bulk&pf=p& tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=chia+seeds+bul&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.dGY&fp=84fcd28c6a769976&biw=1344&bih=740

buy them online

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Chia pet seeds?

Your supply has probably gone into non-bulk exotic super-food packages and shipped to area's like here in Melbourne where it's a must have ingredient in your morning shake...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

On Ebay, Chia Seeds Bulk....1 and 5lb lots...much cheaper than you are paying now.

www.ebay.com...

Des

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

My wife told me about how the Aztecs would carry a little pouch w/ them and pop a small palm size amount 1-2TBLSP with a little water and they swell up into a sort of gel in you stomach and make you feel full. So I found them in the bulk section, tried em, & it works! I would do it once a day in the morning & be good till 3-4 p.m eat a healthy dinner & be good. I lost 16-20 lbs in 2-3 months. They really are amazing. My wife got mad at me cause I really kind of got out of hand with em
& was only eating once a day like a salad at night and losing lots of weight (she has weight issues) & was angry at me for a whole other non chia related issue and threw them away. I had a big bag like 2lbs. That would last me a long! Time. Now I can't get em in bulk anywhere & am mad cause there goes my miracle diet. :lol

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Here is the ebay link for organic raw chia seeds in bulk

www.ebay.com...

Des

edit on 8-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

On Ebay, Chia Seeds Bulk....1 and 5lb lots...much cheaper than you are paying now.

www.ebay.com...

Des

It sucks cause I can't order them online (I'm on EBT card for the time being)
I think the chia craze is catching on so they are only marketing little bags, but they were only like 6-7 $ a lbs. in bulk. Does anyone have em in bulk at your store locally &!if so how much?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils

My wife told me about how the Aztecs would carry a little pouch w/ them and pop a small palm size amount 1-2TBLSP with a little water and they swell up into a sort of gel in you stomach and make you feel full. So I found them in the bulk section, tried em, & it works! I would do it once a day in the morning & be good till 3-4 p.m eat a healthy dinner & be good. I lost 16-20 lbs in 2-3 months. They really are amazing. My wife got mad at me cause I really kind of got out of hand with em
& was only eating once a day like a salad at night and losing lots of weight (she has weight issues) & was angry at me for a whole other non chia related issue and threw them away. I had a big bag like 2lbs. That would last me a long! Time. Now I can't get em in bulk anywhere & am mad cause there goes my miracle diet. :lol

Never heard of it.
Note to self: bug out bag,chia seeds.
And don't get the wife angry at me for non-chia issues.

Thanks.
Peace,
Kev

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah 15$ a lbs plus 6$ shipping. The price has skyrocketed by 60% in less than 6 months. Guess the market has found the new fad & is taking advantage of it. I want to eat healthy and being on ebt I'm limited monthly and this was a great diet I had. Now I got a newborn and well it's even harder now to budget food.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I'm sorry,man,I need to take that comment back.

It is a really good idea and thank you for the info.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Don't mess with a mans chia seeds damn it! I've seen marriages terminate from lesser offenses!

Hurt my health and pocketbook-Ouch...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I'm sorry,man,I need to take that comment back.

It is a really good idea and thank you for the info.

No offense taking,

My neighbor started doing it after I told her about my diet, she's 68. She was losing weight and enjoyed em on salads. Her daughter was ripping into me about living of chia seeds & I'm gonna grow a plant out my Arse!

I said good you can trim it!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils

Don't mess with a mans chia seeds damn it! I've seen marriages terminate from lesser offenses!

Hurt my health and pocketbook-Ouch...

Don't get me started.
I had a bucket of bean sprouts going and ,well,it got tossed .

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

LMFAO!

Try em though! Put some in a glass of water and they swell up into gel with just a black dot in the middle, you can drink the gel or just swallow the seeds w/ water. They look like tapioca beads in those Vietnamese drinks (forgot the name) but they really do work!

top topics

join