It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: Iran has nukes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
if iran has nukes then i almost guerentee world war 3 wtf

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I know a family of Iranian Americans and they are good people. I also have respect for the general population of Iran as they do not want confrontation with the United States or the World in general. Sadly this is not the position of the Iranian Old Religious Guard.

Of what I know of Iran and it's customs and people which is a great deal...they at one time had a deep hatred of the United States for it's support of the Shah...but the current 30 and under generation no longer has this hatred and these youths are very much Computer Savvy as well as a group that desires Democracy.

If you think that Iran's current leadership has it's peoples interests at heart then you are mistaken. Their only goal is to maintain power and control over their population.

Again...I would not make this personal...it is only a debate. You do not know who I am or what I know. It makes no sence to do what you are doing.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Every governments goal is to maintain power and have control over their people and affairs...It is nobody's god given duty to interfere with other nations internal affairs...Most people living in Iran specially the youth are Aware and they know what is best for the future of their country....And please don't pull that # on me,for all i care,you could be Mr.president himself.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

It is not a countrys right to purchase Nuclear Tech. by signing the NPT and then start building Nukes. This is what is going on.

Incidentally...you would be better off getting personal with a U.S. President than doing so with me.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Iran is NOT making nukes....It is all in your head...try to digest that, and breed in.. and breed out... ahh..now that is a good boy.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

Iran is NOT making nukes....It is all in your head...try to digest that, and breed in.. and breed out... ahh..now that is a good boy.

Iran has admitted that it currently has over 10,000 working centrifuges creating Weapons Grade Enriched Uranium. There is no other possible reason for Iran to have that many centrifuges working other than to create Weapons Grade Uranium...it is a MUCH greater expensive way to enrich Uranium than for Iran to just purchase Reactor Grade Uranium from Russia.

To say Iran is not working on building several Nuclear Weapons is simply burrying ones head in the sand.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Breath I meant Breath

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I breath just fine. If I was a member of the Iranian Military or an Iranian Military Leader I would be holding my breath waiting for the Old Guard to do the next really stupid move.

The Iranian Military want's absolutely NOTHING to do with any confrontation with the United States...unfortunately the Old Guard does.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If we wanted nukes,we could have easily purchased one from any close friend....Heck they are on sale in Taliban flea market in Pakistani borders as we speak...No country in the world is foolish and selfish enough to use nukes on another,,There are much more convenient more effective ways to settle the differences if it comes to that anytime....Iran has proved over the centuries that it is a peaceful,tolerant country,but can you really say that about the US,UK or Israel?...And they all have nukes and some even nuked already.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Iran...peaceful? Tell that to Darius II.

There is ZERO doubt that Iran is attempting to obtain Nukes. The only question is when.

This makes me sad for the Iranian people in general as they are sick and tired of the Religious Dictatorship that is attempting to keep them in the Stone Age.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

ROFL!!!
Darius II died in 405 BC. Is he back making nuclear weapons? What is your argument?
edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

My god you are dragging Darius from the grave to this discussion?..That was 2000 years ago man..you can't be serious!..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

It is part of the current Old Guard Religious Leaderships dream to rebuild Iran to it's former ancient Empire of Persia dream. Do not think that this is silly although you and I might think so because the Old Guard does not.

The current Iranian Leadership has invoked the thought of a Middle Eastern Superpower that would be a Nuclear Iran. This will NEVER happen and the reasons for this go far beyond any concerns for Israel.

The United States is very well aware just how unstable a Nuclear Iran would make the Middle East as well as place the World in general at the mercy of a hostile power in control of the Worlds largest oil reserves.

President Carter enacted the Carter Doctrine as a response to Soviet plans to invade the Middle East. That doctrine which still is in effect today states that any country to either invade or subject it's will upon the Middle East and those countries ability to supply the West with oil will be considered a direct threat to the United States.

If there is anything that we can all agree upon...NO ONE want's to be listed as a threat to the United States.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Iran ,with or without the nuke,is going to become a major player in the region in the near future,and there is nothing you,me or anybody else could do to stop it...We do not want to be known as the bully of the area (as some do) and we will certainly not going to start invading other countries around us, that is just funny and crazy stuff that only happens in Hollywood movies and of course when "American interests" are involved...We have been friendly with all our neighbors throughout the history and if outsiders don't intervene,we can continue in that same path for the centuries to come... the real concern of the west is that Iran is standing on her feet and despite all sanctions and sabotages she is still an influencial country that does not bow down to every master's desire and need, like a lot of other puppet regimes in the region do....I think this discussion is going nowhere...Both our minds are set,and now only time can say which one is right....But for the sake of the humanity,i pray to god that there will be no war. believe me is best for all of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I do not want War...members of the U.S. Military certainly do not want War...and members of the Iranian Military ABSOLUTELY do not want War. If you want to pray for something...pray that the Iranian Old Guard stops the insanity of attempting to build a Nuke.

The people of Iran of which 70% are under the age of 30...are computer savvy and using Smart Phones and other devices to pierce their governments Internet filters as well as using social web sites to find out the truth and interact with other people outside Iran.

These Iranians want nothing more than to have the things that we all want...a job, education, freedom and democracy plus the right to be happy, have a family and get ahead. They have very little interest in the Old Guard Agenda.

It is only a matter of time before this very large group challenges the Iranian Regime for the right to lead. It has already happened and will happen again. But to think this group supports any direct confrontation with the U.S. is wrong. Only a small fanatical group wishes this...and unfortunately they are willing to kill their own to continue to hold power.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

This is already a thread.

AND you need to change your thread titled. You wrote "It's official: Iran has nukes" then "If this is true."

Nothing more annoying than misleading hoax threads.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Also, it is one hundred percent not true. They are no where NEAR getting a nuke because Israel would have already bombed them. Israel and the US know everything that is going on in Iran, I am sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

Those aren't his words. Those are the media's translation and interpretation of his words.

I have seen them take some of his words and make them sound outrageous. Not that I am a fan of him, but it's true. I remember when Iran made that drone, it had a name not disimilar to what the west names their drones and the US made it sound like it was a name directed at us. I can't remember exactly, but it would be akin to changing "predator drone" to "hey Iran this bud's for you."

It's just propaganda, ya'know?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
If true, which it's not.

First of all, it's from WND, a bunch of neo-cons.

Second, it's from a warmongering neo-con hack who's been making stuff up about Iran for years.

This whole article has ZERO credibility. That won't stop the warmongers from using it...

While I may appreciate the tone and "vibe" of your post, I'm not sure those points may entirely matter. We have more than plenty (too many, really) "warmongering neocons" in our government. Warmongering neocons got us into Iraq, on the pretense of "weapons of mass destruction."

Let's just hope that not only is this not real-- but that no one tries to push the issue.

Iran (and a potential war with it) is just the kind of crapstorm we don't need.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No one in their right minds want war,not even the Guards.And there will never be a war if there is no interference from the outside forces...Why the hell do people want to mess with the US military, if they are not provoked?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join