It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I am beating Fibromyalgia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thanks so much Stirling! As for being a man, my above post talks about how I found out about this. My husband had it done when he was younger. He was working on the family farm when a tractor got stuck. They rigged up a cable to another tractor, and while my hubby was trying to free the stuck tractor, the cable snapped and he took a direct hit to the operator chair he was in, breaking his back. I hope that made sense. He underwent therapy and then went to the NUCCA chiropractor. It worked so well on him and that is why he insisted that I at least try it.

I know it can help with several spinal and neck problems so it very well might help you. I focused my thread on FM because how much it helped me with it and how much mystery surrounds the cause of FM. Good luck and please keep us posted if you do go in and try it.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

That is great! I hope it helps your wife find some relief. You sound almost as great as my hubby, but I am partial

I will be watching the video in a while. My kiddos just got home from school so it will be later before I can check back on this thread. Thank you for posting it!

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hi Caitlinfae! What kinds of treatments have you tried before? I have heard others say that diet has helped them, so I am glad you have found things that have been helping you.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I read your thread with much interest, I thank you for that!

I'm a looonnnnngggg time Lyrica user here. I take 1200 - 1800 mg daily, which is a pretty hefty amount. This worries me greatly. Previously I was on Gabapentin (high dose as well), then it was suggested to give Lyrica a go. It did help my problems slightly better than Gabapentin so I stuck with it (as well as tramal). Although it has not stopped my pain completely.

I have slowly gained weight from 70kg to around 90kg (over 10 years), but I think that's due more to the lack of activity in my wheelchair, I don't think I can attribute my weight gain to Lyrica itself. I am suffering from Syringomyelia, which is a cyst inside my spinal cord filled with CSF which creates similar symptoms to MS. Would this NUCCA procedure be possible on me or just too risky?

edit on 8-1-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Thanks so much for posting this OP. I'm sure you are helping many people by sharing your experience.

Unlike you though, I believe more in natural and alternative treatments, to a degree. It's interesting that you should mention chiropractic work and how it has helped you with your illness. I have read a lot of Cayce material and in a lot of his health readings he would often recommend treatments involving chiropractic adjustments, depending on their illnesses and symptoms.

Again, thank you and I'm glad your doing much better!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Sorry to hear what you went through, but glad you looked out of the box and found some answers.

I was wondering if you happen to know if an Atlas Subluxation would/should show up on a C-Spine MRI? I have most of the symptoms described by the various websites, but the only Neurologist in my town is not a good doctor and after doing an MRI to rule out MS and then an MRI of my C-Spine she said she didn't think it was anything. The only thing noted was a slight Chiari Malformation, but I don't trust this woman so I'm scheduling an appointment with the local NUCCA chiropractor in hopes this finally helps me.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
first fibromyalgia is a number of disorders.

that is why its so hard to treat.

if you have fibro with any numbness in your hands or feet you need to be tested for small fiber neuropathy.
this means a skin biopsy. there are no lab test for SFN and its seldom done for DXing fibromyalgia.
traditional EMG/nerve conduction studies will also come back normal. normal.
www.healio.com... -fibromyalgia

In male patients with fibro another cause of fibromyalgia is sleep apnea.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

fibromyalgia may also be caused by a number of autoimmune disorders.

I am one of the strange ones with fibromyalgia. i have Sarcoidosis a autoimmune disorder.
I have sleep apnea.
And i have small fiber neuropathy

Go to a chiropractor no way, It would be a waste of time and money because i know the causes for my fibro.
i take gabapentin and have a C-pap and my Sarcoidosis is in remission at this time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I love my chiropractor.

I have a ruptured disk in my neck and she saved me from having to get an operation as well as I'm no longer in pain.

I have mentioned to my friends with fibromyalgia to look into chiropractor care and this thread is another confirmation that it does or can work for some.

I will admit a good chiropractor is hard to find. I got real lucky.

The chiropractor even relieved my monthly cramps.

I love my chiropractor and I keep asking if I can sign up for the lifetime membership...lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread, you inspired me to study medicine!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Good for you.

I too have "beaten" fibromyalgia (and chronic Lyme disease). 15 years of illness, 10 with massive amounts of just about every pharmaceutical and total disability. I have been off all meds and 99% recovered for almost two years now. My path to healing was different then yours however. I found success with mind/body medicine principles, physical energy movement exercises, and other approaches.

I encourage anyone suffering to continue to explore and try different healing modalities. There is hope, healing can and does happen. Keeping the energy and hope going to try various approaches is in and of itself an accomplishment.

Thank you for sharing your story and giving those suffering another avenue to explore.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

At my highest I was taking about 200mg/day of Lyrica, but I have heard others with FM say they were taking mega doses of it. I was afraid of taking any more than I absolutely had to since I was obviously one of the ones who gained weight while on it. I am glad that it is helping you some, I know it really helped me with pain for the 2 years I was on it.

As for the NUCCA, you would need to talk to your GP (general practitioner) about that. They should be able to tell you if it would be safe for you to try, or contact one of the NUCCA docs in your area. They may have experience with your condition and be able to tell you if it would be right for you.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

Thanks for the kind words Cherry0. I was fascinated by Cayce while growing up, mainly with his predictions about Atlantis. I never knew about him recommending adjustments for different illnesses. That is pretty awesome!

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fuzzydreads

Great question, I have been wondering the same thing. More so, why it was never noticed or mentioned before to me. I had an MRI done by my neurologist a few years back and there was never any mention of a misalignment to me. I don't know if the docs are just looking for specific things in their area of expertise, or just don't care about a misalignment or what.

When I went to the chiropractor, he did several regular x-rays at different angles and developed them right there in front of me. The most telling was the one he did of my entire upper body. My spine was sitting completely to the left of center by the time it reached my neck and my head tilted to the right. It was shocking to see it and I cannot imagine how it could have been missed by so many docs in the past. I also had a 5 degree twist in my cervical spine that was narrowing the blood flow on my left side. Probably why most of my pain was radiating from that spot.

Hang in there. I went through years of different docs ruling out this and that, but never offering a diagnosis of why I was feeling so awful. I was in my early 20s when this started and I am 33 now so I know exactly what you are going through. I hope this does help you. Please keep us updated!

Here is a good link about the anatomy of a subluxation. It is kind of technical, but it should give you a good idea of what they will be looking for. C Spine

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thanks for sharing all of that info! It's great to hear that you have gotten your sarcoidosis into remission. I actually had to look that one up.

I know that different people may have different causes for their Fibo diagnosis. My first question to my neurologist after he diagnosed me FM was "Is this a trash can diagnosis?". Many docs think it is, and is just a catch all diagnosis for several different aliments. I am simply presenting what I feel has helped me beat FM, if you don't think it will help you that's fine. I am glad you have found something that does!

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A friend on mine had 'had' fibromyalgia and this is how it went. First he started using powerful opiates, then something for sleep, then something for anxiety, then something for depression, then something to increase his testosterone, then something more for sleep. By the time he had gone through this for about 3 years, he was ready for suicide. Mind you his wife was a charge nurse in the Loma Linda medical facilities, a fairly renowned facility. I spent many an hours and days with him to help keep his spirits up. Finally he came to grips with it, took the drug that clears the opiates, and puts you in an induced sleep/coma and three days later as the drug had erased the opiates and the time had overcame the withdrawals he was revived. He's since been clean of 99% of the meds he was on and is now living a fairly pain free life for a 62 year old. He has come back from a life of excuses and addictions to a functioning and productive life.
My personal take on FM, I can't say for sure, I'm no medical person, ........but I tend to believe it's an accumulated giving up on life, feeling sorry for yourself and then a alphabet soup of mind altering drugs. OP, I'm not inferring you don't have FM, but you probably get my gist. FM is definitely an ailment with many mysteries surrounding it. Wish you well in the years to come.

There were many other inclusive ailments he had also with the FM, I just didn't list them all.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Sounds like you found a great one! I might need their number for the cramps

Thank you for posting how much you have been helped by chiropractic. I really don't know how to say how much this has changed my life. I feel like I have worn out the words great, a lot, amazing, awesome ect in this thread, but it is hard to put into words the dramatic difference it has made for me. I went from no hope of ever being over this pain, to just not having to worry about it and actually being able to enjoy and play with my kiddos.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

This is probably the most awesome post in this entire thread! You made my day!

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Thanks for sharing your story and your encouragement is spot on! I was at the point of giving up hope, but refused to stop searching for answers. It is great to hear how others have overcome this as well and to let those still suffering know that there are things that can help and possibly heal them. There really is hope!

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this thread! I will definately be looking into this as I am a long time FM sufferer as well. Mine was just a 'minor inconvenience' if you will, for the first 8 or so years after being diagnosed. I was working in a stressful field with long hours and would somehow push thru it....until one day I just couldn't.

I have been unable to work now for 6 years as the widespread pain and terrible migraines, as well as heavy fibro fog took it's toll on me. I'd get in my car and forget how to turn the wipers on....get turned around and confused in my own city. It's been awful.

Over the years I've tried a lot of different things from massage therapy, light therapy, high doses of a bevy of vitamins and nutrients, to scarey amounts of guifenesin [sp?] daily, ....and finally now am on 1200 mg - 1600 mg of lyrica a day. Well, prescribed that much anyway, plus a ton of other meds all to treat my fibro.

I hate it. I hate that lyrica makes me feel as tho I'm stoned or drunk, but it helps my pain. I'm just not convinced if it's the meds or the being too stoned to KNOW I'm hurting which could be the case as well. So I take just enough to help with the pain and more if I need it. I enjoy functioning without my world spinning. Call me crazy.

And that vid that another poster put up, sry, cant see the name from this screen... I was going to a neurologist years ago, in the early days of my FM that use to do that exact same procedure on me. He said it should help with my migraines. Sadly he left the area before I could see if it was much help but it felt amazing while he was doing it.

I'll be checking into this and watching this thread as well. Again, thank you so much for the info! Fibro is an awful thing and very difficult to deal with. S & F
~Lu

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting your experiences as a way to help other people! I haven't been diagnosed with fibro, but ever since I was a victim of a brutal attempted murder that involved smashing the side of my head repeatedly into a hardwood floor, I've had migraines. 25 years later, my neck and shoulders are chronically sore, headaches every day, and increasing pain in other joints. I was suspicious that I have fibromyalgia or lyme disease, but I'm very interested in this process, it could be the root of all of my physical issues.

I live in Arkansas, I would be willing to travel to Oklahoma for treatment. Would you mind telling us which doctor you see? And the approximate cost? Thank you again, I always pay attention to synchronicity, and this feels like synchronicity!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join