It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Does anyone ever read something or hear something that doesn't quite sit well with your established memory?
A sensation somewhat like deja vu. A bit of history that sounds not quite right. Something that feels inherently wrong, or incorrect, like the truth has been dropped down a memory hole somewhere.

For example, for a while, I KNEW that Mohandas Gandhi had died of starvation on a hunger strike. Then, one day, it's changed. He's been assassinated. The moment I read that, I felt terrified, because I had known up until then that he had starved.

You ever heard of Billy Graham? Died in the 1980s. But not any more. He's still alive and kicking. But I remember when he died. It was on the news.

Does anyone know where New Zealand is? North west of Australia? Or is it to the east now?

Something is wrong in time. Or maybe I've just looked too deeply into the fnords.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

The Last Supper Paintings to me have changed. What happened to the cup and bread in the paintings. There is no meanings to the paintings now that the cup and bread is not there. What happened to them?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just as a matter of experiment, I'd like it very much if you'd list all the presidents you can remember being victims of assassination.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You know I used to think New Zealand was in a different place but I don't think that it's because of an altered reality. Don't get me wrong, I know how certain it felt and how confused I was about the location of New Zealand but if it was in a different place the entire coastline of Australia (my gaff) would have changed too. As for this Billy Graham character, he's not a celeb here in Australia so I didn't see news about him alive or dead. If you (and others) claim to have experienced news of him dying in the eighties and he's still alive today well, that's one groovy mystery. Maybe you have experienced an altered reality. Definately not an altered geography though.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I know what you mean because you reminded me of a time when I returned to where I grew up as a child. I went for a walk to the river I spent quite a lot of time fishing at and as soon as I got there, something did not seem right. I thought for sure, the river was coming from the opposite direction when I was younger. I know the oldest person living in the town would assure me that was not the case but it was a memory, I was sure I could not deny. I have thought about it many times since but have accepted it is just one of those things you are talking about.
edit on 8-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is my fave subject , so I will be closely watching this thread.
Sadly it is the favorite topic of trolls too .
edit on 8-1-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Lincoln
Garfield
McKinley
Kennedy

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

Well, that's a shame, as these things do happen. I find it difficult to list specific answers as if they deliberately hide from view. As if some sort of mental block is formed when it happens. I remember going to a memorial park in Iowa when I was a few years younger. One of those parks with a decommissioned tank, and a couple of choppers on flagpoles. Well, I went back, and the park was gone. When I got back to my home state, I was driving around when I found it. It was in Iowa. I remember that clear as a bell. I remember it being in Cedar Rapids. But there it was. It was weird. Like it had moved.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There are a couple of lengthy threads on this very subject somewhere on ATS.
Just for the record , when I was a boy , I distinctly remember Australia was nowhere near as close to Papua New Guinea as it is now .
edit on 8-1-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The only 1 who knows the

The Last Supper Paintings to me have changed. What happened to the cup and bread in the paintings. There is no meanings to the paintings now that the cup and bread is not there. What happened to them?

This guy sort of blew my mind there for a sec because when I read this post I said to myself "Yeah, the cup and bread are still there" then I googled a pic of the DaVinci painting and to my surprise, nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the cup and bread were there in some other rendition that we saw somewhere else. I mean, how many times has that painting been re-done by any of may artists.
edit on 8-1-2013 by SpaceCowboy78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

That's what I mean. Which reminds me of Sandy Island, that island that scientists "undiscovered". The one that had been on maps since nineteen oh-something. I believe that to be a rare documented case of something like this happening. A whole island, popping out of existence.
Very surreal.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A post I placed in another thread about this topic, speaking on no other than Mr. Graham and how he is mentioned in a video ( to which the link is in another post of mine on the first page of the thread) as "the late Billy Graham" and pics of him with Barry O that were taken at the same meeting yet posted a year apart here

Also another lengthy and amazing thread on the subject ......Here

As another above me posted time slips/shifts are a favorite subject of mine so I as well will be psoting and watching this thread.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 8/1/13 by TrowaBarton because: To add information

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well I think there is a pretty reasonable explanation for this, but I also think that you won´t like it.

We all know these little memory mistakes from everyday life. We all had that moment where we could have bet anything in the world that we left our keys/wallet/phone/whatever in place X, while they actually were in place Y.

I think we can all agree that these things happen in everyday life from time to time, yes?

Now, we already now that the memory is not perfect by the deja-vu experience. A deja-Vu is a short-term memory that has been falsely stored in the long term memory, so you have the feeling that it has already happened in the past.

Take this example. You have just brushed your teeth, nothing special about it, you will soon forget that minute of brushing. This will not be stored in your long term memory (you wouldn´t remember that exact brushing a few days later, unlike your first kiss for example).

Now, to the deja vu. You just brushed your teeth, but instead of using the short term memory like before, your brain makes a mistake and uses the long term memory. The result is that you are brushing and suddenly get the feeling that you did that exact same action sometime in the past.

Seeing that we know these little memory mistakes from everyday life and that we can understand them, it seems logical that these little memory mistakes happen with other facts as well.

And that is it. We all know memory is not perfect. We all have experienced these errors on various levels (ever made an error on a test in school maybe?).

Now you can of course feel free to interpret these errors in any way you want, but if you WERE correct we would be living in a world where 6 billion different realities constantly intertwine and affect each other. Or we live in a world where we each individually jump from one reality to another very, very often.

Now while I can already smell that you think those last two options are pretty tasty, I do really not think that we should read too much into things that are already reasonably explained.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

edit on 8-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

edit on 8-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: content added

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Creepy. Why is it always Billy Graham?

Reality it seems, is what the masses agree it is. It is how we perceive it that makes it what it is. It's when these perceptions conflict eachother that things become strange...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
...I KNEW that Mohandas Gandhi

BTW, the fact that you just had to use Mr. Ghandi´s way lesser known original name to carefully slide in how informed you are ist just such a hipster cliché...

Everybody knows him as Mahatma, why on earth would you casually move away from that?

Free from ego, eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I was always used too e=mc^2 then suddenly e=mv^2 was about and meant what e=mc^2 once did, don't figure?
edit on 8-1-2013 by unitedeufope because: duh

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I feel the need to post again because I could SWEAR that the holy chalice was depicted in the Da Vinci painting. I remember telling myself a very very long time ago that "the holy grail" was in the painting...(!). Again.... maybe I was looking at a different interpretation of the Da Vinci painting but I'll be damned.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

I've always known him as Mohandis Gandhi. I'm not sure what you're talking about, in regards to ego. I may be terribly wrong and this might all be some misfiring of the neurons. That's quite possible. Then again, I might have a point. You've always known him as Mahatma Gandhi? Perhaps that's one of those altered bits of history I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ooooo - this is interesting, never hear of timeslips before.

Me and OH just had a discussion regarding the painting The Last Supper... I claimed there was many chalises, as they were all drinking. He first claimed there was one. I reminded him of The Da Vinci Code (film, he hasn't read the book), and claimed that the lead female role was asked to close her eyes and think of the painting. She was then asked how many chalises there were... and she answered one. She opened her eyes and saw that there was several... OH agreed, but not 100% certain.

Anyway, I just watched the clip online now - and there's none. *giggles* Which OH now claims he knew all the time. Hahahahaha!

I too however knew that Mahatma Gandhi wasn't killed! Of course he wasn't!!! If he was then surely I would have known - I still remember learning about him in school - and not a single mention about him being killed... but nope - seems I'm wrong there too.

New Zealand is however just where it's supposed to be.

And incase the timeslip "lords" reads this - next time you mess about - please make sure my mortgage is paid off!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You sure it is not gaslighting? Just found this on a site the other day......it explains alot.....at least to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.urbandictionary.com...

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity.[1] Instances may range simply from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred, up to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.

Often they change physical things around to unsettle the target. As well as obscuring conversations they will move much used items around such as mobile phones, keys, glasses, bags, books.

This makes the target think they are losing it, getting forgetful, becoming incompetent.

They don't take things they just move them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join