It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend Of The Hav-Musuvs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Greetings fellow earthlings! I'm excited to present this Native American legend for you all to enjoy. I did a search here first and came up with only one result from 2004.

This story is great and is a lot of fun to read. I did as much research as I could on this subject and will post links to my sources.

The Paiute people of California and Nevada hold an ancient tale of a race of underground seafaring people that traveled in super fast rowing-ships - The Hav-Musuvs (Suvians). The legend states that when the world was very young Death Valley was a lush valley with blue sea running through mountainous caverns of the Panamint Mountain Range.

It was said that they traveled far and wide and would trade goods with various other tribes and bring back "strange goods to the great quays". The Suvians had a great city built in the caverns. They would enter their city through lakes which would lead to the sea city.

As time went on and the climate grew hotter and drier the Suvian City dried up and they could no longer travel on their mystical rowing-ships. So they built flying canoes!

I don't wanna ruin the rest of the story so I will post links now.

Hav-Musuv Description

The Story

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Interesting story. Never heard about this "people".
S&f.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks! I was quite surprised that I did not see much on ATS. I was researching underground bases and I had seen Deep Springs, California listed as a possible site for an underground base that connects to Dulce, New Mexico. Phil Schneider inspired me to research this stuff. I'm going to research Deep Springs College next. It's supposed to be a strange place.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Cool Story,

Wish there was a documentary on this but havent come across any yet

Its peculiar theres so much discovery and info in Asia as far as underground yet so little on new world underground

There must be lots! esp southwestern US as well as rest of the Americas; the Arawaks Caribs Maya Inca etc

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I read on another thread earlier of the possibility of the Chinese discovering North America, also the fact that Native Americans have some Chinese genetics. Maybe the Suvians were instead from China rather than Greece or Egypt.
There are also the Chinese pyramids which at the moment little is known about and yet the Chinese Government has done its best to hide.
They have invented many things including Gunpowder, the compass, paper and printing with movable type.
They were obviously an advanced race when Britain was little more than farmers.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I dont know why but i find this hard to believe...

If i was a being from another planet/dimension i would not seek alliance with humans... i mean look at us we fight constantly, we are greedy beyond repair, we breed like the plague and destroy whatever planet we live on...

But thanks for the info, i love little traditional story's =D

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The Panamint mountain region is steeped in UFO mythos, then there is Mount Shasta. Somewhere i would love to visit. Native American legends as with most legends contain a grain of truth to some degree or another. I think there tales have merit!
edit on 8-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All I see in the story are sailing ships (Columbus ) Did trading and slavery . And The other guns and poison darts perhaps. It's nothing but man formed so far and airplanes.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What do the people (Beings look like?

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Bogus story.

Here's some background on the author of the tale:

'TRIBAL MEMORIES OF THE FLYING SAUCERS'
by OGA-MAKE
(The author of this story is a Navaho Indian. He tells us this tribal secret of the Paiutes in appreciation for the story of the Navaho which appeared in the Spring, 1948 issue of FATE magazine).

Source
Here's some more background on the author (Oga-Make.)

In a piece called “Tribal Memories of the Flying Saucers,” reprinted in full in the new Global Communications release, Hansen disguises herself as a Navaho Indian named Oga-Make. But the style of the writing is unmistakably her own even as she hides behind one of her known pen names, an identity that is again male along with being a pseudonymous Native American. This is the price she had to pay in the pre-feminist years of the late 1940s, when the essay was originally published.

Some more background on Oga-Make:

Very little is known about L. Taylor Hansen, who died in 1976. One thing that is known, however, is that her first name was Lucile, which she shortened to “L” so that she could pass herself off as a man, at least in literary terms. In 1918, while still a college student, she spent her summer vacation with the Chippewa Indian tribe in Michigan. According to writer Bette Stockbauer, who provides some of the scant biographical material available on Hansen, this interest was more than scholarly. The Chippewa’s language and dances, their culture and religion, struck a richly harmonic chord in Hansen’s soul.

Source for both.

There is then no traceable path connecting this story to any Paiute legend.

Harte
edit on 5/4/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kudegras

Native Americans were Pacific Islanders.

Eskimos were as well.

You could argue that Pacific Islanders were originally from mainland Asia but that's another story altogether.

new topics

top topics

join