It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Ancient Taoist Philosophy/I Ching To Predict Events Over Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ok, I've been at work trying to formalize these patterns. I feel as though I just had a breakthrough, and I will explain that. You could break down any of these date-ranges into more specific dates, but that would require a degree of precision that is beyond the purposes of trying to demonstrate the use of the general pattern. The basic 'idea' is that the I Ching can be modeled as an ancient Chinese understanding of the basic pattern events of over apparently linear-time, as they occur through mathematically defined cycles. cycles correlate with a very close estimation of a year defined by 13 lunar months, with 384 days(64 hexagrams x 6 yao). The actual time of 13 lunar months is 383.9 days.

To try to briefly explain the reasoning behind the operations I'm doing, I am using the relevant numbers of the I Ching to define these patterns. That is 8 rows of 8 hexagrams of 6 yao(lines). We will begin with the 64 trigrams. This represents 64 Chinese Years. The idea behind the general format/philosophy of this Chinese system, is that this basic pattern works between any interval of time. It is probably ideal to line these intervals up according to significant astrological events, but I am not 100% how big of a difference this makes at this point.

Now, if you take divide the approximation of the lunar/chinese Year(384 days) by the approximation of the solar year(365), you get about 1.05. This means there are 1.05 Solar years for every lunar/chinese year. Now if you multiply 1.05 by 64, you get 67 and one third. That means the cycle begins about 67 and a third years go, by the Gregorian Calender. Remember all of these dates are approximations, not EXACTLY accurate. The date this puts you at Mid-Late 1946. At this time, the Numenberg trials of the leadership of Nazi Germany occurred.

Nuremberg Trials - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, if we are able to understand this pattern as infinitely occurring, when you work it out you conclude than an entire cycle must count as a single yao of another cycle. This is the brief explanation of all the specific operations I do. Now when you divide 67 and a third years by 6, you get 11.22 years ago. This puts us at mid-late September of 2001. This is, of course, the infamous terrorist attack that has led to the never-ending war of the past decade or so.

September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you multiply this amount of time by 8, to get a row, you get 1.4 years ago. This APPROXIMATELY puts you at September of 2011. At this point, we are too close to be able to predict points that are exact. This may be possible, but due to the rounding required in this explanation, it is tough to be too exact in such short intervals of time. Plus there seems to perhaps be some 'lag-time' between the movement of the cycle, which can be understood as a wave-form. This further complicates ideas of being 100% precise within short intervals of time.

Nonetheless, in order to find the beginning point of the final 'stage' of this cycle, we get .175 years ago, which brings us to October or November of 2012. Weed was legalized at this time, as well as other significant events, I'm sure.

Now the idea is that we are using the approximate period of the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 as the end-point to the calender. Thus, if you accept the periods chosen for this time-line, the same basic equations may be able to be used again, to predict future events. This unless there is some sort of further operations which need to be done, to define a process which has 'sped up.'
edit on 8-1-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Interesting, but I cant see how you can put stock on a set of dates unless you have an important date in history to work back from or forwards to.
If you had calculated this 18 months ago, you wouldn't have got the Nuremberg trials you would have got the end of WW2.
If you can prove that from some pivotal event every 67 years another pivotal event happens that is related then kudos.
Otherwise.................

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Interesting, but I cant see how you can put stock on a set of dates unless you have an important date in history to work back from or forwards to.
If you had calculated this 18 months ago, you wouldn't have got the Nuremberg trials you would have got the end of WW2.
If you can prove that from some pivotal event every 67 years another pivotal event happens that is related then kudos.
Otherwise.................

This is the difficulty in lenght limitations of a thread. There are many other dates of shorter cycles that could be pointed out, but it would be far too long. Too much depth to explain in complete detail.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Trying to formalize this using my graphing calculator, such that you could graph novelty over time. Not that simple lol, but I'll get it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
In case some may not be familiar with the I Ching...to give some insight into the meaning of the numbers...

esencianisgottcreativo.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Terrence McKenna attempted THIS in some sort of logorhythm program back in the 90's, and was sort of REVAMPED later by some math wiz types.

Time Wave Zero, I believe.

Unfortunately, I have read he tweaked the results to fit his hypothesis.

I am a huge McKenna fan, and he may have been on to something, but I was never sold on this.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
Terrence McKenna attempted THIS in some sort of logorhythm program back in the 90's, and was sort of REVAMPED later by some math wiz types.

Time Wave Zero, I believe.

Timewave Zero never predicted anything, apart from the date its proponents would start moving the goal posts of its claimed conclusion. That would be 21 December, 2012, the date that it predicted the "novelty factor" would go ballistic and something amazing would happen.

Anyone remember that happening last month? Me, neither, hence the "new" Timewave Zero that says the SHTF date is in 2018.

And yes, you're correct -- McKenna originally had claimed that the SHTF date was in November 2012, but once he heard about the Mayan calendar nonsense, he arbitrarily shifted the date to 21 December, pretty much proving that it was a sham.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you put too much stock in a specific date, the chosen specifics will seem arbitrary. This is based on mis-understanding the fundamental concepts. The dates must be intelligently chosen, but the 12/21/12 'prediction' wasn't as important as people think, and in fact had little relevence to the theory. At any rate, my setup/equations are not exactly the same, although based on the same essential sequence.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The mathematical connection between the 64 hexagrams and the properties of the sacred geometries of religions has now been recently established in rigorous terms. In order to understand what these hexagrams mean - not in the narrow terms of traditional Taoism but in modern concepts linked to theoretical physics - please study the research at:

smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

You need to appreciate that a universal mathematical paradigm has been discovered that embraces superstring theory, the mathematical structure of the seven diatonic scales, the human skeleton/acupuncture system, etc. If you want to generalise the I Ching as a form of divination about the future, you need to know what the stupendous, mathematical nature of the Tao really is. Now, you can either waste your time playing numerological games with something whose nature you don't understand or you can take the trouble to understand how the 64 hexagrams correlate with the Kabalistic Otz Chiim (Tree of Life), the five Platonic solids, the Tantric Sri Yantra and other representations of the divine paradigm underlying reality. If you prepare the mental ground first by understanding what the 64 hexagrams really signify, you will be in a better position to make use of the I Ching in a predictive way.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am studying a variety of other things, in many different areas which are too much to go into at the same time. This includes subjects of sacred geometry, chaos math, information science, psychology, kabbalah, tree of life, etc. As mentioned in OP, this is far too much to completely explain in a thread.

Anyways, I have formalized this into an equation of a wave(sine) which can be graphically represented. Now if you look at the graph, you will find that this wave-form is symmetric over the zero-value, of the X-axis, which represents time. The Y-axis represents something like novelty. I am always open to improvement, but after having determined the way to describe this formula in an equation that can be graphically represented as a wave-form, and having it come out as symmetric as it did, I am very pleased with what I have right now. Due to the symmetry, we must suppose that the end point of the graph(at X value 384) serves as the beginning point of another repetition of the wave-form.

The equation is: (sin(8x^2) x.(times) 6x)

Now, the data still needs further analysis to fully understand, but let me share the wave-form/graph that results from this equation. The range of x-values is from -386 to 386(64 hexagrams x 6 yao). Recall, 386 also seems to be the length of the year as used by these ancient Taoists, 386 days consisting of 12 lunar months.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ah yes, 384 is the correct number to use as the limits for the x-axis...accidentally said 386 in last post...ah well, inconsequential detail..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
After further considerations of the shape of the graph, it seemed to me that the x(time) range was too wide. The graph had the most meaning as it neared 0, so -384 to 384 was too wide of a range. It then occurred to me to try -64 to 64, since this corresponds to the hexagrams of the i ching, which would represent an 'essence' of a process in time. The graph comes out looking much cleaner. Now you can correspond every integer of x with a hexagram of the i ching. The entire graph would constitute two cycles through the elements of the I-Ching, after the second cycle(positive x values) the wave-pattern would repeat at a higher level, beginning with the negative values.

You could probably divide each x value into 6 sub-sections representing the lines/yao. I'm not sure if anyone's really interested in this, haha, I just figure I may as well keep posting my updates. Note that at this point I'm not looking to make predictions so much as perfect the formula/graph. Here's the updated graph.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Alright, well here's a picture I made with color 'coded' dots marking significant points in the graph. The more you look into the pattern, the more clear it becomes, and the more efficiently you can use it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So, every possible polarity, and quadrant, represents a fundamental 'impulse.' Thus this representation is, by definition, multi-dimensional. The colors have subtle meanings, intrinsic within the colors themselves. To explain in detail using words would really detract from your ability to pick up on them. Right represents positivity, +. Left negativity, -. It goes 4 to the left, with progressively increasing differentiation between the up-down polarity. Up down represents agency. Higher levels indicate more in tune with self, whereas lower levels indicate falling in line with some larger social-structure.

Now the up-down polarity can be represented in binary. Up is 1, down is 0. Left and right work on a 1-8 scale, where 1-4 travel downwards and 5-8 travels upwards. The interference of these polarities creates interference in the wave-pattern, and that introduces cross-dimensional perspectives, and a whole new dimensional polarity. Think of how throughout all of human history we have had to represent reality using 2-dimensions. I speak of our writing, our art, etc. Using higher analysis, combined with modern technology, we can now quite literally map out reality in 3-dimensions. This causes 2 more interference patterns, creating a total of 6 of them. This corresponds to the 6 yao/lines of the I Ching.

This is actually turning out pretty beautiful. Here's the wave-form, when calculated in 3-dimensions, but graphed in 2-dimensional space.

edit on 9-1-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

top topics

join