It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How very Disappointing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It was unsightly, can't say I miss it at all. Also, I hate the idea of that app or whatever you want to call it. More laziness is exactly what the people need eh? Can't be bothered to read more than a paragraph, we have an app for that! ATS is free to promote whatever they want, doesn't mean every member has to hoorah and fall in line with it. Besides, I am sure management would rather people spoke up and complain, rather than just not coming here anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I must be in the minority, I didn't mind it. The owners have to make money to keep the site up.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The website has to be monitized and paid for and that was a way of doing it

Actually, the TLDR ad doesn't help to monetize the ATS site... only the ads from the ad network provide a revenue stream.

S.O. was merely being kind enough to share new developments at Stremor with the ATS membership, and maybe get some interest in the plug-in spread a little through those interested.

On a quasi-related note.. here is first place in the annual .000001k sprint at Slothfest 2012.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by michael1983l

The website has to be monitized and paid for and that was a way of doing it

Actually, the TLDR ad doesn't help to monetize the ATS site... only the ads from the ad network provide a revenue stream.

S.O. was merely being kind enough to share new developments at Stremor with the ATS membership, and maybe get some interest in the plug-in spread a little through those interested.

On a quasi-related note.. here is first place in the annual .000001k sprint at Slothfest 2012.

OH no, that is obviously a monkey. LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

OH no, that is obviously a monkey. LOL

After years of heated debate and numerous incidents of mistaken identification, monkeys are now welcome at Slothfest.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Lets face it, every time something new or different comes to ATS, people bitch about it.

The site could give away free money in large denominations and folks would complain.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
The site could give away free money in large denominations and folks would complain.

Free money?

Pfft, it would probably be those worthless Federal Reserve Notes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Instead of doing away with it, they could redesign it. Hold a contest for a walpaper design or something like they do the avatars. Then people can vote for the design and the winner would be used. You know most folks would like it because they voted for it and that would take care of the complaints.

Or it could be a smaller banner at the top of the home screen instead of taking up the whole outline of the page.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was freaked out by it, I had no idea what it was (I have ad block all I saw the background color) I thought it was a subtle sign from ATS warning all the members.(the letter agencies monitoring) '
'

My computer did not show it as orange but more of a red.

'
' I'm glad to find out I was wrong

I like the color of my wife's silk tennis skirt, thats why I bought it for her
edit on 8-1-2013 by thedigirati because: formating

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

(I have ad block all I saw the background color)

Any more confessions?

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

EDIT to add: You bring up an interesting point. It's possible that some of the people complaining were also using Ad blockers and didn't know it was an Ad. (I didn't read any of the complaint threads)
edit on 8-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It never bothered me. Of course, as a human being, I have the innate ability to block out disagreeable stimuli.

Oh -- and I like orange (and TLDR).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Glad it's gone!
Trying viewing it on a 24 in screen!
And if you zoomed it,well the words were big as my pinky.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ironically, the most effective ads are the ones you don't consciously notice.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The bright orange didn't agree with my eyes, but I didn't complain. ANYTHING is better than that stupid ad that pushed the whole page to the left- which thankfully was removed! I'll take anything else the site owners wish to throw at me as long as I don't have to suffer THAT ad again!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I was thinking that this thread might need to have the conspiraccy stoked:

Does this have anything to do with why we are Denying Ignorance by letting a sloth pose as a monkey?

I wish I could star you for that!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Lets face it, every time something new or different comes to ATS, people bitch about it.

Well yea, then ATS would be known as a propagandist site for leftist communism... Or something to that effect. Whatever the kids are saying these days.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can't say I miss it. The calming combination of black, gray and blue is part of why I like to come here. A big splash of orange screams, "The circus is in town!...and plans to squat for months."
I didn't fancy the thought of choosing between it and doing an impression of grandma with her magnifying glass monocle-on-a-stick from page-zooming the background out of view.

edit on 9-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by pheonix358

LOL - thats gold.

I had no idea a colour could galvanise so many.

But my avatar is awesome innit?

Humph, My avatar would rip the throat out of your Avatar. Yours would not even see the spirit wolf, the first inkling of wrongness would be his orange blood cascading from his throat while he yells, "WTF" All he hears as he lies gasping for breath would be a subliminal growl. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Hey it's cool man!

P

edit on 7/1/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

My Avatar would beat everyones avatar. I just put up with the big orange because, as another poster said, I don't pay to come here, the least I can do is look at the ads, after all, they are the ones paying. We just provide the audience.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
The bright orange didn't agree with my eyes, but I didn't complain. ANYTHING is better than that stupid ad that pushed the whole page to the left- which thankfully was removed! I'll take anything else the site owners wish to throw at me as long as I don't have to suffer THAT ad again!

What about the stupid "Skyline" ad? That one was the worst in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The Skyline ad was pretty bad, but that Mio Energy ad was the only one that bothered me so much that I actually officially complained about it!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join