It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How very Disappointing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So, the site owner cops it because its orange and is visually upsetting to some and now it's gone.

Despite the FACT that the whole premise of the idea is to provide a better service to you and me.

YOU and me!!!

How many threads were created as a consequence?

Get a bloody grip!

edit on 7-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If they were smart, they would re-work the ad without that hideous shade of sherbert orange that everybody hated.

I think it was the bright orange floating around the page that got everybody annoyed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The website has to be monitized and paid for and that was a way of doing it. I do not think it was overly liked but at the end of the day nobody pays a subscription to the website so they should be happy to accept that this is part of keeping it free for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

So, the site owner cops it because its orange and is visually upsetting to some and now it's gone.

Despite the FACT that the whole premise of the idea is to provide a better service to you and me.

YOU and me!!!

How many threads were created as a consequence?

Get a bloody grip!

edit on 7-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

Oh, come now. We all know that you are one happy little Vegemite. You just love the color orange. You have used it extensively in your Avatar.

I know the orange advert really sets off your avatar. It does it so well! They blend, join and do the hokey pokey together. They blend so well you are seeing blood red hearts leaping from the page. Man, you must be so so happy. And hey, I'm happy for the two of you!

For me, it hurts my eyes. If so many complain maybe the color gets changed, maybe it does not. If you do not believe in trying to change things then I have to ask what you are doing here.

P

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ghastly.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

LOL - thats gold.

I had no idea a colour could galvanise so many.

But my avatar is awesome innit?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

LOL - thats gold.

It's not the color, it's the amount of it. Your avatar is awesome, by the way.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I found out years ago. Whenever I would wear a red shirt to church, my father would act all irritated at me wearing a red tshirt. I could wear the same tshirt in any other color and he never said a word. I didn't have an orange shirt. I heard he was like a bull seeing red.

I heard the color blue makes some people feel calm or makes you seem trustworthy. I've noticed different reactions from people when I wear a blue shirt. After I became more aware of how colors strongly affected some people, I stopped wearing red to church when my father was around.

Any idea why for several seconds after I make a post, I can not scroll away from the post? The screen keeps resetting back on the post I made. I have to wait several seconds. Just wondering.

edit on 7/1/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

LOL - thats gold.

Humph, My avatar would rip the throat out of your Avatar. Yours would not even see the spirit wolf, the first inkling of wrongness would be his orange blood cascading from his throat while he yells, "WTF" All he hears as he lies gasping for breath would be a subliminal growl. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Hey it's cool man!

P

edit on 7/1/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was just watching the Alex jones vs. piers morgan segment ....

...and now am having this vision of Alex going all ape-balls crazy about ORANGE!!!!

its hard to know what to take seriously anymore. are guns important? is orange important?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

People never stop to consider one thing.

The orange is MEANT to get your attention. It's meant to promote the TLDR website, much the same as TV stations playing the same ad twice in the ad break. You may roll your eyes and mutter 'c'mon, they just played this, enough already,' but it shows you just paid attention to at least part of the ad the first time round.

All these ads complaining about the colour and how it hurts their eyes, I bet SO and the other admins laugh every time the page changes colour and all these threads come up, because it shows just how much the membership takes notice of it.

TBH I barely notice, and if it does look off colour and annoying to the rest of the page, remember,
Zoom is your friend. Zoom in a bit, and you can barely see it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I noticed the color but not the sloth, er I mean monkey thing, and if it weren't for IkNOwSTuff , I'm not sure I would have.lol.

post by IkNOwSTuff

Cheers dude But its definately a monkey, monkeys are way cooler than sloths

So I guess I missed out on that part.....

Except now it's part of a avatar. HA!
What creative minds we have here on ATS....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I was thinking that this thread might need to have the conspiraccy stoked:

Does this have anything to do with why we are Denying Ignorance by letting a sloth pose as a monkey?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL - IKnowStuff calls that an [Orange]utan.

go figure...............

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I agree. Some people are a bunch of big, rude babies. I only saw the orange on the top of the screen - it wasn't like it was all the way down and across the page. Geesh - it wasn't that bad.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I love the orange. It would be nice if our membership would show some respect instead of acting like entitled diva's at times. I was shocked at the number of whines.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join