It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones vs piers morgan debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Here's a clip of it, www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

I don't have a link, but if you get CNN, it'll probably be on tv again tonight, or they might have a link on their website.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Konduit
That was the best 15 minutes of piers morgan i've ever seen. Hilarious how they get a psychiatrist on afterwards that says he's afraid of AJ getting his guns and coming after him

It's as if this was all planned...

Actually the guy was a lawyer, but he was definitely peddling the # morgan was trying to sell. I love AJ, kinda wish he wasn't acting like such an angry nutter.. But who knows, maybe it'll pay off for AJ.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
wow this went to straight propaganda.
Yes it sure did.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
First he barely makes it through TSA to NY to tape the show bcuz he refused take his shoes off then this haha. Craziest I've seen him too bad he acted that way tho.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

As a fan of Alex I would have to agree. I was hoping he would have been calm, cool and collective. But he was no better than terrible Ted Nugent. Tisk.. Tisk.. Tisk.

edit on 1/7/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
2:30 in and I had to stop for a moment to understand what I just heard LOL...

so that was actually on CNN?? woa man..

1776 WILL HAPPEN AGAIN FIJFIJIDFJGFGDFIGJ lol..

audio

edit on 7-1-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

1776 WILL HAPPEN AGAIN FIJFIJIDFJGFGDFIGJ lol... we could have a better spokesman.
Sadly I think it was the 1776 thing that got Alex booted.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Cute how the white house responded to the petition the same time as this was on tv also

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure any host would have let him stay. I've seen Bill 'O throw people off for less..... It's hard to say because I've generally liked AJ's ability to bring out topics which matter and help wake people up to at least asking their own questions. Agreeing 100% is beside the point.

Wow though.. He was physically aggressive in body language, he stomped all over the host as if it was his own show he was running and was about as intimidating in look, tone and cadence as he could be.

I'm sorry to say .. I think AJ fully intended to get thrown off. He couldn't have done it better as an intended outcome. I predict tomorrow he'll have a show filled with the injustices suffered from the time he got to the airport to the time he got back home with his 'oppression and suppression' at CNN being the highlight.

Frankly though... I'd have been more than a little on edge being 3 feet from someone working themselves up that way myself. I mean, AJ isn't stupid...nothing overtly violent ...,but temper and mania can be an odd thing. He could easily have given 'ol Piers a hard shove off into mid air...and that would have been my thought in PM's place. Embarrassing...... that's the best word. Just.. embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He definitely didn't win over any fans with this one. I appreciate and respect a lot of things that he has done, but he blew a big opportunity tonight. Alex makes some very good points and cases for things at times, all he had to do was be civil and have a polite discussion. Piers was doing HIM a favor by giving him that platform and Alex wouldn't even let him speak or interview at all. It would have ben so easy to put them in their place and expose them, but Alex screwed that all up. He made all of us in the movement look bad tonight. His staff had to be cringing. Alex better start listening more to his critics and supporters, otherwise he will never reach the people that we need to get to.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Originally posted by yourmaker

1776 WILL HAPPEN AGAIN FIJFIJIDFJGFGDFIGJ lol... we could have a better spokesman.
Sadly I think it was the 1776 thing that got Alex booted.

I can't believe how composed Piers was.. I'm at 5:06 now.

Alex pissed himself off into a frenzy while Piers was trying to maintain gun topic.

Plus Jones made it personal, "bud"? lol... man... I bet this worked exactly as TPTB intended and Alex Jones legitimacy just declined 50% for people who now hold a slight resentment for the methods..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
For those that need a recap of what transpired.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Alex Jones acting like that almost makes it seemed staged. "Hey Alex, want to make all gun owners look like loons?" He is making Piers morgan almost look respectful.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
He's got to have done that for publicity. If not then he just played right into the crazy conspiracy nut stereo type and made Piers Morgan look like the sane and rational one. Shame really - a good opportunity wasted. Then again, there's little chance that any of the brain dead who listen to that scumbag Morgan would be swayed by anything approaching the truth

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfetone

Of course AJ did it for publicity.... He'll probably pick up measurable rating share and user stats after this from the target audience he caters to....but damn.. the rest of the nation that is trying hard to accomplish something on these issues sure didn't need it. Oh Well... time to go play a vid game for awhile. That performance on CNN, to an international audience just set the 'community' back years in the average person's mind. Who's side is he on sometimes?

edit on 7-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Also a fan. Alex stresses to us listeners to pass the information that he gives us to the public to open everyone's eyes he was on the biggest stage to do that and he failed!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
LMAO

he starts off so calm and then out of nowhere unprovoked he just completely loses his S***.

Entertainment at its finest

Alex is definitely not a good Pro gun advocate nor is he any good in a discussion/debate.

I enjoy his shows but thats basically just him ranting. I imagine even hid diehard supporters would have been embarrassed by that.

Piers made him look like a spoilt little brat

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Konduit
That was the best 15 minutes of piers morgan i've ever seen. Hilarious how they get a psychiatrist on afterwards that says he's afraid of AJ getting his guns and coming after him

It's as if this was all planned...

Actually the guy was a lawyer, but he was definitely peddling the # morgan was trying to sell. I love AJ, kinda wish he wasn't acting like such an angry nutter.. But who knows, maybe it'll pay off for AJ.

P.M had to bring some experts on.He was afraid he could be hung out to dry with the audience. Like he was with Jesse Ventura.
edit on 7-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well I missed it but it looks like it might be back on at 9 pm pst. I watched a clip on pg2 and I must admit, Alex blew enough gaskets to make the whole pro-gunner camp look pretty bad. Personally, I can't stand Alex or Piers but Alex ruined it for that side of the debate with his frothing at the mouth.

I can't believe an intelligent radio personality would/could/should even act that way when trying to defend the 2nd. Especially since this is such a touchy subject and must be balanced without provocation. Yelling and screaming and coming off like a gun crazed nut bag can only do more harm than good. Alex must know this. Alex must have realized he's on CNN and not his conspiracy radio show. So this can only mean two things.

1. Either Alex Jones really suffers from mild/medium paranoid psychosis
2. Alex Jones was trying to sabotage the pro-gun camp
3. Both
edit on 7-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join