It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones vs piers morgan debate.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just finished watching the YouTube clip. I thought it was pretty good to see Piers Morgan getting his a$$ ripped lol. Can't stand that guy. The only thing I can fault Alex Jones on is being too passionate about his causes. That was freakin hilarious though. Morgan look a little scared.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

His own side.
Something is really off about him and his show. I've always felt it but after seeing this today, I have no doubt he's a shill. Anyone with the people's best interests never acts like that. Ever. He's doing the opposite.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Alex blew his chance BIGTIME. As a fan I am a somewhat disenchanted. But I bet he gained some new listeners and actually lost some sadly. I cant wait to hear tommorows Alex Jones show, I bet it will be interesting on how Alex feels about who followed him on that show and am curious how Alex himself feels about his ranting banter?

edit on 1/7/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Remember back in the 80's the post office shootings coined the term "Goin' postal"? Now it's going to be "Going ALEX"
Sorry Alex but that was a BIG Fail!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the whole thing wasn't very special.
Piers repeated the same thing over and over again and Jones just babbled on getting louder and louder which is the perfect thing for Piers. i promise you and am willing to bet my internet bucks that this was what Piers wanted and hoped would happen.

the end of it for me came when Piers asked the 911 question. that question was Piers' back up in case he couldn't get a word in edge wise. which of course didn't come as a shock. so well done Piers for making Jones look like a nut and well done Jones for playing into his hands.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe that Alex Jones caused more harm than good tonight. He was out of control and only solidified the opinion that "conspiracy theorists" are crazed, delusional people.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

His own side.
Something is really off about him and his show. I've always felt it but after seeing this today, I have no doubt he's a shill. Anyone with the people's best interests never acts like that. Ever. He's doing the opposite.

Tonight's performance is the reason why I rarely mention this, but I was a very active poster on the PP site before finding ATS. I never thought of him as anything but a cross between Coast to Coast and shock jocks like Howard Stern. Something right in the middle... Well meaning but bombastic.

After tonight? How could he do this? He's ANYTHING but ignorant. I credit AJ for being highly intelligent, actually. He HAD to know what losing it on international TV would look like. Had to...well in advance. Yet, he started the day by rampaging through a TSA checkpoint like a bull headed for the China Shop and when he got to CNN's China Shop, he did what bulls do. He rampaged some more. I just don't know quite what to think now.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I disagree - its bout time someone was angry about all this sh!t.

If you're not angry you're not paying attention!!

Alex got your attention and unloaded a lot of info at the same time.

Why is this guy so angry?

What's building number 7?

WAKE UP AMERICA!!

Whooot!! AJ and his brit accent!!

That's classic Alex Jones right there!

edit on 7-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danny85
...so well done Piers for making Jones look like a nut and well done Jones for playing into his hands.

I'm pretty sure Jones made himself look like a nut all by himself. He hardly needed any help from Piers.

I like a lot of the things AJ has to say, but his presentation style on national television was that of a complete lunatic! Very little self control. He might want to consider some medication for that.

I think AJ was jumping on the recent anti-Piers Morgan bandwagon that made its way into the MSM, but he jumped a little too hard. Americans don't really like Piers that much, but they also have the ability to observe when someone like AJ is raving like a wild man.

I don't think he gained many fans tonight. Disappointing and a bit embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
LISTEN I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO DO IN THIS THREAD AND ITS NOT GOING TO WORK, YOUR TRYING TO GET THE GUNS TAKEN AWAY! YOU TRY TO TAKE OUR GUNS AND THERE ARE GOING TO BE PROBLEMS!YOU WANT TO SEE 1776 ALL OVER AGAIN BUD, THEN BRING IT!

Haha, that was classic Alex Jones! That's the problem with the guy, he's smart as a whip and has a great voice for radio and tv, but damn the guy likes to talk long and loud!
edit on 7-1-2013 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It's almost like triple reverse psychology going on. For example, say Alex is right about the tyrannical gov thing and they want your guns. So by acting like a nutty spokesman, it drives people like myself into the anti-gun camp (reverse 1). But I'm smart enough to see that, so it drives me back into the pro-gun camp.(reverse 2) But then realizing it would make no sense to have a double reverse if the gov wanted your guns, and Alex is just a nut (reverse 3) Talk about a mind fukc.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I watched the whole thing on CNN. The questions that Mr. Morgan had were questions designed to box Alex Jones into a corner, the way a lawyer goes after a witness to smear the defendant. Alex didn't fall for it, so his only choice was to take over and get all his talking points out.

If it had gone off the way Piers wanted it to, he would have trapped him into the fallacy that "see how many murders guns are involved in, so how can you be for gun ownership?"

Alex did what I would have done, go off like gangbusters, lob a few bombs across Pier's bow (such as that tidbit about Piers being involved in the phone hacking scandal with the London Daily Mail), and how we need guns against a government that would orchestrate 9/11.

Hell yeah, I thought it was messy, but awesome and entirely necessary. Alex expresses the anger we all want to express.

Then they get some sleazy lawyer, and later, two of the Kennedy boys from congress, to talk smack about Alex behind his back, how "scared" they were of him and how he was "obviously" mentally unbalanced and shouldn't own a weapon. Hey Kennedy boys, old Uncle Teddy didn't need a gun to kill that young girl at Chappaquidick, he just drove the car over the bridge into the shallow lake and let her drown. Ya wanna ban cars too?

All in all, worth watching, just to hear Piers called a "redcoat". LOL!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Okay, between you and Alex, my noodle really is cooked for awhile.

I say that in the best of humor of course.. I think we agree this was....less than helpful..in my most diplomatic and tactful way of saying a nuke is bigger than a cherry bomb and smaller than a supernova. Indeed. AJ does have this effect on people, doesn't he? I pity the stewardesses on his flight home....or perhaps the whole plane.

Far Cry III awaits.... If he's gonna get my guns taken, I can at least go play in that world with a few for a couple hours first.

(fresh carrots to all but ...the guest of tonight's show.. it's old runt carrots for him
)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

It's almost like triple reverse psychology going on. For example, say Alex is right about the tyrannical gov thing and they want your guns. So by acting like a nutty spokesman, it drives people like myself into the anti-gun camp (reverse 1). But I'm smart enough to see that, so it drives me back into the pro-gun camp.(reverse 2) But then realizing it would make no sense to have a double reverse if the gov wanted your guns, and Alex is just a nut (reverse 3) Talk about a mind fukc.

Lol,you sound like the dude from Princess Bride!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hiya Tom!

Just thought you'd like to see this.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Definately something to watch out for.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

haha, i was thinking the princess bride while typing that out.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I agree, even though Alex was loud Piers just kept repeating the same thing over and over when everyone already knew the answers to his questions. I think Alex told Piers exactly what should be said to him.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Alex gives us a update.

edit on 7-1-2013 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

He'll go on about how they edited him to look bad...but that's just how he acts every single day on his show.
edit on 8-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join