It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military maneuvers over South Saint Paul, MN Jan 3rd for five hours.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hello everyone, especially those of you who live near me and may have witnesses the events on Jan 3rd, between 6pm and 11pm. My apologies for the delay, my computer was down for awhile.
I have posted here before about military activity around my area and this time my interest was aroused, do to the nature of the helicopters maneuvers and how it was illuminating what seemed to be random ground targets.
For five hours this "training" was taking place. I was out for a nightly run and walk and I observed multiple military helicopters running the gambit over South Saint Paul, and the Southern portion of Saint Paul itself and a few times strafing into Inver Grove Heights. I have lived here for many years and have never seen such training exercises.
-Definitely Military Helicopters, Blacked out and running red, with it's infamous chopper noise.
-Holman Field seemed to be their source of origin.

Probably nothing, but this training session seemed to be pretty serious.
Just a quick heads up for any of you who track such activity.

edit on 7-1-2013 by imagineering because: proper english

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
is there any sort of military base there? possibly National Guard?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yes, I believe out of the Holman Airfield.
What sparked my interest was the type of training they seemed to be engaged in. Reminded me of the many articles I have read about the Government preparing for civil unrest, and I have never seen this over my hometown like this before.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.minneapolis.afrc.af.mil...

Seems like this would be normal activity or a scheduled excersize.

I don't see a need to worry. Canada is attacking the Baldwin's in Hollywood.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

It wasn't only the 3rd, last night I made a comment to my husband that there was a lot of copters around tonight.

I haven't heard any news about Military opps tho.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
www.minneapolis.afrc.af.mil...

Seems like this would be normal activity or a scheduled excersize.

I don't see a need to worry. Canada is attacking the Baldwin's in Hollywood.

Thank you, I actually did some research and came up with nothing. I suck at google keywords, also I couldnt see anything that would lead me to any reference concerning Jan 3rd in the link you provided.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
reply to post by resoe26

What sparked my interest was the type of training they seemed to be engaged in. Reminded me of the many articles I have read about the Government preparing for civil unrest, and I have never seen this over my hometown like this before.

ah I doubt it.
Probably just regular miltary training. Possibly they have a deployment in the near future and are brushing up on some military tactics.

Besides, who do you think is going to engage in civil unrest? Most Americans seem to be pretty obidient to the Government.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There's Holman Field, and there's also a small base at the airport there. Little Falls has an Army base, Camp Ripley, which is one of the largest National Guard training facilities in the US. Duluth is home of the 148th Fighter Wing, Minnesota Air National Guard, flying F-16s.

There are quite a few bases in that area, and more in surrounding areas. Normal training, as most units have money again. The beginning of the year you see a lot more training, because the fiscal year started and they have money again. By the end of the fiscal year, you'll hardly see them because they don't have any money left.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wakingup
reply to post by imagineering

It wasn't only the 3rd, last night I made a comment to my husband that there was a lot of copters around tonight.

I haven't heard any news about Military opps tho.

Yep, that is what reminded me actually to post today.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Mystery solved. It was Joe Webb of the Minnesota Vikings bombing to the packers. SKOL VIKINGS!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jmore08

*sigh* We Minnesotans can't catch a break...

I am sure it was just a standard training excersise. They do them over my area too which is north of Minneapolis. Of course I am close to Blaine airport so, I'm used to the planes and helis.

I like seeing the Minnesota threads! Flag just for that.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
reply to post by resoe26

There is a LOT more of that than there used to be. The military didn't used to do big exercises of that sort. Some for disasters, sure, but not on the scale seen these days. When I was in (WAY back), there was, for example, a day of training for the MEDDAC people to handle something large scale. These days, there is a lot more than that. Can say that with certainty, because I personally know people that have taken such training. The reasons always seem to be vague.

top topics

join