It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

teacher invents new lock for classroom doors.. allready in 2 districts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
hi all
sry if this has been posted i did a serch and didnt see it

seems like a pretty good idea.. great time to come up with it hes gonna make millions lol

www.wtae.com... html

PITTSBURGH —The elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., has created a heightened awareness for students and teachers across the country as they prepare to return to the classroom after the holidays, but a Westmoreland County man’s invention could help keep them safer We in law enforcement need to be speeded up as much as we can, and we need to be able to slow down the actor as much as we can so those two events cross paths,” said Penn Township Police Chief John Otto.

That’s where the JAMBLOCK comes in.

The lightweight piece of steel was invented by a Bob Ploskunak, who spent a combined 35 years as a teacher and a security director for the Woodland Hills School District.

“It saves time. It creates time for the police to respond,” said Ploskunak

Read more: www.wtae.com... html#ixzz2HG4foB2z

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
ever heard of a deadbolt with steel door... invented many years ago to keep crazies from coming into doors.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
ever heard of a deadbolt with steel door... invented many years ago to keep crazies from coming into doors.

this is extra securuty in addition to a deadbolt

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

dude....about a 9 on the uninformed scale.... You have to see the U.S. as diversified and spread way the crude out....you are thinking too "indoorsey"...there's a free and easy land out there waiting to be subdued so REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM....of he who acuses us, "the father of all lies" He will try to make you fall for anything, if you refuse to take a stand on something.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

PITTSBURGH —The elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., has created a heightened awareness for students and teachers across the country as they prepare to return to the classroom after the holidays, but a Westmoreland County man’s invention could help keep them safer

That's why.

When was the last time you saw muliple murders from someone entering the school for a fist fight?
edit on 6-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: mmm?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Whhaaa???

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Ofcourse, just banning guns wouldn't be an option...................just in case China invades?

Lets just invent other things and forget about the elephant in the room hey?

What about a door with lasers, or Teachers with lasers on their heads?

Paranoia.
edit on 6-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

Yeah that sounds great maybe we should just ban meth and heroin too and no one would have them either... Oh wait...

edit on 6-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry everyone felt the need to derail your thread, op.

Gave you a s&f. I like the idea but they would need to make some that could fit under all doors. My classroom door nearly drags the floor.

I feel like it would be better to have an improved lock that could be in place at all times. By the time a lock down is announced, it may be too late to throw that lock under your door.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Your average dry wall aint much competition to a shot gun.

If someone wanted to shoot inside a classroom there is always the option of just shooting out a window, if on ground level? He/she is gonna then just fire at the pack of people trying to get out of your door.'

Duh

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is my favorite line on the article:

It's not the answer, but it gets us closer to the answer, and that's what we need to do,” said Ploskunak

My favorite because there is no "silver bullet".
Banning = FAIL
Controlling magazine size= FAIL
Restricting firearm ownership = FAIL
Making murder illegal = FAIL
etc...

The best way to secure anything is with a layered approach. The idea is not to completely stop the perpetrator/attacker, but to slow them down enough for the authorities to respond in time. Multiple layers of hurdles can accomplish that, if folks would get it out of their small brains that there is no single solution to this problem.

Banning anything only makes it more desirable and then puts the banned item on the black market making the bad-guys more $$ at a jacked up price. Where do you think that bad person will get that $$ from? Right, they will steal it from someone.

This approach is in the right direction IMO, and there should also be NO windows on entryway doors (pin-hole viewports maybe). In fact I would even say the pin-hole viewports should be redesigned to not by direct view but offset (so the invader simply does not shoot you in the eye through it!)

edit on 6-1-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Tardacus

Ok, this stupid little argument is pushing my buttons.

Sure, you can keep your handguns for whatever protection you need (God knows what you need them for, but you need them. I guess it's like crack addicts in some respect) But BAN great big F* off automatic, a million bullets a second, should only be in the army's hands type machine guns. Who needs those? you don't need those for protection in America, you really don't????? Why would you need a machine gun, an AR-15 or whatever you wanna call it?? really, please give me one sensible explanation?

We have shotguns and handguns in Australia and my other native country England, but we don't have school shootings on the level you have??? AND even if we do have a shooting it does not involve MACHINE GUNS!!!!!!!!

CHRIST SAKE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT INTO YOUR THICK HEADS. THE PUBLIC/WORLD DOES NOT NEED THESE TYPES OF WEAPONS!!!
IT'S SIMPLE, JUST AGREE WITH ME, SEE SENSE AND IT WILL ALL BE BETTER????!!!!!!!!

CHRIST, it's like hurding cats with you lot.

Argumentative to the bloody core.

Chill out dude....why don't you "blow the froth off a few" and relax. This thread is NOT about banning or gun control. You wanna talk about that, please create your own rant thread. Then, in that thread, folks can educate you that an AR-15 is not a machine gun, nor is is an automatic weapon. Education is a good thing, you should try it sometime.

Sorry OP, trying to keep the discussion on-track, regarding alternative approaches to securing a structure from an intruder.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

May I refer you to my earlier reply, Reference: Windows?

Hey, let's even stop with schools all together. Why don't we do what we do over here in remote locations and have schooling on the internet? then there would be no schools to shoot up?

What a great idea!

No schools!

See, I've solved it

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Tardacus

Ok, this stupid little argument is pushing my buttons.

Sure, you can keep your handguns for whatever protection you need (God knows what you need them for, but you need them. I guess it's like crack addicts in some respect) But BAN great big F* off automatic, a million bullets a second, should only be in the army's hands type machine guns. Who needs those? you don't need those for protection in America, you really don't????? Why would you need a machine gun, an AR-15 or whatever you wanna call it?? really, please give me one sensible explanation?

We have shotguns and handguns in Australia and my other native country England, but we don't have school shootings on the level you have??? AND even if we do have a shooting it does not involve MACHINE GUNS!!!!!!!!

CHRIST SAKE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT INTO YOUR THICK HEADS. THE PUBLIC/WORLD DOES NOT NEED THESE TYPES OF WEAPONS!!!
IT'S SIMPLE, JUST AGREE WITH ME, SEE SENSE AND IT WILL ALL BE BETTER????!!!!!!!!

CHRIST, it's like hurding cats with you lot.

Argumentative to the bloody core.

So.. when was a machine gun used in a school shooting? You Aussies always come from a place of ignorance when arguing about this stuff, it's so funny and fail at the same time. and annoying to see it in every thread OMG like DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!11one?!

edit on 6-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join