It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

ww w.independent.co.uk

David
Cameron has warned that he is ready to fight another war with Argentina to
prevent that country seizing the Falkland Islands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I agree with him the Falklands are in our blood the people there are as British as Iam, the people there have lived there for generations have have no intentions of being Argentinian.
I and many would fight for these (I'm no warrior but I would do what I can) just as many of us did in the last conflict.
The last thing either of our countries want is war but Kirchner needs to shut up and worry about what is happening in her own country.
I know many many Brits here we agree The Falklands have a right to self govern and decide who they want to be with backed by international law.
It is sabre rattling and I think Kirchner will back down but for once good on Cam for standing up for our people.

ww w.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Argentinean Navy is luckily a total joke at the moment.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What a sleaze ball, this is decoration playing to the voters. And Argentina are in no position for war. Pathetic

And Rupert Murdoch and his toilet rag The Sun can get lost also, it's nothing but sabre rattling to the public.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Why is it, something had to be said to her and I think this is just a warning.
I still won't vote for him and want him out but any person would have been right to say this If they were PM at this moment.
Instead of just attacking the man who said it address the subject do you agree we should defend a people who want to stay with us?
edit on 6-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
With Syria vs NATO, Pakistan vs India, China vs Japan we wouldn't want the UK to miss out on the fun of world war 3 would we.

Wasn't there a rumour about finding oil off the Falkland Islands ?

Follow the money. Crude oil is much better value for the elite than peasants lives.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Recently the Argentinians have been very vocal in their assertion that the Falkland’s is Argentinian territory.

The question really is if this rhetoric will lead to war.

I honestly don’t know, I am inclined to say no I don’t think it will at least not this year.

Argentina based on my limited knowledge of their military and my reading in the press is not able to stand up against the British Armed Forces and as such I can’t see them initiating hostilities.

I do think it is possible that if the rhetoric continues that Brittan might deploy a few warships to the islands just to as a show of strength.

Only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Yes oil was found there and we did the decent thing and offered Argentina a 50/50 split seeing that we will need them to help us export the oil, It was thrown back into our faces, they want it all.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

It may be about the black stuff for the elites.. But for us its about pride.. And nothing shouts louder than the Type 45 destroyer (the most advanced ship in the world) now parked off their coast.. Which btw would destroy any air attack possible including any partner country wishing to have a crack.. On top of that we have the most advanced subs in the world also parked of the coast with standing orders to turn any South American country wishing to have a go to glass..

Then of course is our second to none special forces and battle hardened infantry to deal with...

Good luck x

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The Empire is over, move on. Free the Malvinas.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
The Empire is over, move on. Free the Malvinas.

makes absoloutely no sense, you are clearly ignorant.

Cameron would be better regaining sovereignty from the EU

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Free them? The people who live there are not a colony, we are not making them stay with us, they are having a vote in March (where the free people of the Falklands can decide who they want to be with) So you want to give the island to a country what the people who live there do not want? That would be the crime here.
Do some reading

www.falklands.gov.fk...

edit on 6-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I respect Brit folks, specially Brit ATSers, but what a big mouth Cameron has, talking about making war, only because he knows he has all the chances to win.

If he keeps his mouth closed and let Argentina do the first hostile move, he would have more folks supporting him.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Free them from what? The people there want to be British. They want nothing to go with Argentina. Why would they, given what happened in 1982?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Do you really think we were over there to fight for a minority of people who claim to be British?

I can promise you, most us Brits do not consider those people far away across the sea as British - far from it.

Deeper politics are involved, as always.

I'm posting from mobile at the moment, so I'll try and exspand later from laptop.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

He is not saying we would start the war, they would have to try to take the Islands before we declared war (Never going to happen).
Kirchner started this with her nonsense and Cam is just saying we will not give up the Islands or the people who want to stay with the UK.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by boymonkey74

I respect Brit folks, specially Brit ATSers, but what a big mouth Cameron has, talking about making war, only because he knows he has all the chances to win.

If he keeps his mouth closed and let Argentina do the first hostile move, he would have more folks supporting him.

So if another country is talking loudly about taking some of your territory you answer is to say nothing so they attack and then are suprised when you declare war? And you think that will some how get you more support? Why go to war when a simple warning will suffice.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

I agree get out of Europe and concentrate on the Commonwealth,each country with an equal say in things.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Wrong do you even remember the Falklands war? I do my Uncle Mark fought in it and he is proud he did travel 7500 miles to help OUR people.
Most people wouldn't care? you are so wrong.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

This week saw the announcement by Rockhopper Exploration, one of five British oil companies with operations in the Falklands, of continuing success in its exploration and appraisal programme of the Sea Lion discovery. This was the first confirmed oil discovery of the region, and the company now estimates the field to hold 325mmbbls of recoverable oil based on its mid estimate. Could it be that this remote area is starting to realise its much debated potential, estimated by the British Geological Society to hold billions of barrels of oil.
This is what they would go to war for. Not for the people who live on the islands....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join