It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

So explain why we went to war last time? we went because we was invaded. We didn't start it they did. The Argentinian people were lied to and they are being lied to again.
The Falkland people ARE British (Falkland Islands) Act 1983 and we like every other country have a right to defend our people.
Like I said before we have done the decent thing to do with the oil and offered a 50/50 split but they refused, they want it all.
edit on 6-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Britain will never fire the first shot in the Falklands.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by boymonkey74

I respect Brit folks, specially Brit ATSers, but what a big mouth Cameron has, talking about making war, only because he knows he has all the chances to win.

If he keeps his mouth closed and let Argentina do the first hostile move, he would have more folks supporting him.

So if another country is talking loudly about taking some of your territory you answer is to say nothing so they attack and then are suprised when you declare war? And you think that will some how get you more support? Why go to war when a simple warning will suffice.

So hilarious you really believe Argentina will do it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ObservingYou

Wrong do you even remember the Falklands war? I do my Uncle Mark fought in it and he is proud he did travel 7500 miles to help OUR people.
Most people wouldn't care? you are so wrong.

Actually I'm pretty good friends with an older Scottish gentleman who was posted to Faulklands -
If you consider sending a trained proffesional army over to a distant island to slaughter women and children fighting for their indepenace a GOOD cause, you are very much mistaken.

When re-counting his exsperiences the grown man, broke down and cried in the pub - he said it altered everything about him.

A few alternate history books may change your opinion also.

And they are not "our" people - WTF have we got in common?!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Gotta love how our elected leaders are so big in the mouth and happy to tell the world how WE are prepared to go to war at the drop of a hat to protect oil interest....Maybe if we were such Bad asses we would still be holding onto Honk Kong....Kinda gave that up without so much as a whimper...I wonder why that was..??

Maybe if Cameron and co were first off the landing craft i would respect their decisions...until then, i would just put our world leaders in a large fighting cage and say.."last man standing is the winner"...

Ps....I would make it pay per view

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I don't believe they will, but seeing Kirchner is demanding they be given to Argentina Cameron has to say something.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What a bunch of bullies. England threatening to murder innocent Argentinean people. All they care about is the oil off the islands. England has enough stuff let the Argentinean's eat at least.. Cameron and England make me sick to be human..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

You must learn more history about Hong kong we had it on lease for 99 years.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I spent 4 months in the Falklands in 2002 when I was in the RAF.
One of the army medics I made friends with was originally from the Falklands and her family still lived there. We had a conversation about the whole Argentina subject and they said that they wanted to remain British.
On a side note its a beautiful place if every you get chance to visit.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

He is not saying we would start the war, they would have to try to take the Islands before we declared war (Never going to happen).
Kirchner started this with her nonsense and Cam is just saying we will not give up the Islands or the people who want to stay with the UK.

I was waiting to have that reply from someone, thanks.

I agree she started the nonsense and I consider that very stupid. Now Cameron put himself in the same level, or he doesn't have the capacity to find a better solution, or he really wants to go war because there will be a profit.

I do believe people in those islands have the right to decide their destiny.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

They invaded the Falklands not us, Tell me where we slaughtered women and children in the Falkland conflict.
Oh and I understand about that scottish gentleman, The war effected my uncle in bad ways and never talks about it, but what he has said is it was just that he fought to help a people against invaders.
At the end of the day it is about the people who live there and they want to remain with us and have backing by international law.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

We are not threatening any innocent people, we are just saying If you invade we will protect our people.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If the people of the Falkland Isles want to be British then we should let them come and live in England.

Current defense budget is roughly £25000 per person so even if they all claimed benefits it would be cheaper and no loss of life.

Anyone who wants to stay can do so if they want to but I would have though that anyone who wanted to be British would also like to live in Great Britain.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

ww w.independent.co.uk

David
Cameron has warned that he is ready to fight another war with Argentina to
prevent that country seizing the Falkland Islands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

im no cameron fan but i totally agree

the falklands cause a stalemate in war games

we lose the falklands then WW3 is a possibility

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
What a bunch of bullies. England threatening to murder innocent Argentinean people. All they care about is the oil off the islands. England has enough stuff let the Argentinean's eat at least.. Cameron and England make me sick to be human..
This is just so wrong on so many levels....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
This is just so wrong on so many levels....

where do you come from???????????????

are you not from chester UK
edit on 6/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is possibly a diplomatic solution to this. We keep the Falkland's and they can have Northern Ireland

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm afraid I can not give you a first hand account of when these murders happened - I can however remember clearly, my Scottish friend Alan re-living these memories as his eye's glazed over and he clentched the bar.

He told of how anyone seen to be affected by these behaviours were repremanded by their superious - one had no choice in but to act like a cold blooded killer.

I understand your concerns that these people *seem* to want to belong to Britain, being the patriot you are, you support this notion.

HOWEVER, one must remember, wars are not created in the interest of freedom and justice, but created for monetary or geo-politcal advantage.

The Faulklans is geo-politcal advantage.

Take for example, the wests invasions of the Middle East, what has been and unforeseen consequence of that? Russia surrounded by hundreds of US and NATO bases.

Has not China been creeping into Africa?

The US and UK require further military presence down south - and this is the perfect guise.

Remember that everything we are fed on TV is propaganda... Literally - everything.
edit on 6-1-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Soloprotocol

You must learn more history about Hong kong we had it on lease for 99 years.
en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like we overstayed our welcome by half a Century, Trust me, if we thought we could have defeated the PRC we would still be in Hong Kong, ...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by splitfamiliar

Why should they move? they have lived there for generations, would you want to leave your home? Heck Brits have lived and worked there before Argentina was even a country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join