It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What is it called when you know what you are going to think before you even think it? I notice if you don't think it you may forget it.

I'd call it pre-thought. But what is going on in the mind about this actually?

Some times you get tired of thinking towards something, and will just leave the mind lastly with pre-thought on that something.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

It's called you're thinking too much.
Really. Truly.
Not being sarcastic.

A healthy dose of spacing out while obnoxiously slowly eating a ham sandwich should do the trick.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I am a little confused by what you are trying to convey. If you are aware of a thought aren't you already thinking of it?
edit on 6-1-2013 by taccj9903 because: typos

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I actually know what you're talking about. I do this a lot. And people who know me really well understand what's going on, oddly enough.

My personal understanding of it, and it's based on nothing but my experience with me, is that my subconscious is a sort of second personality I can sense dimly. Sort of over ----> there somewhere. It sends me complete gestalts at times. I'll be thinking about a problem, and bam! I suddenly know that I understand it, but not quite yet. Some part of me has totally grasped the thing and solved it, but transferring the data to me is slower. So I get a sort of flag that the thing is solved, and I just have to wait for it. It comes as a sort of memory a few seconds later.

Have been in more than one meeting with brass and had them bring up something, me say "Wait...something's wrong with that idea...wait...wait....ok here's the issue" First time I do it, they generally look like I'm daft, but after a few times of that they understand I get the notice before the information. What's creepy then is that I can be in a meeting and say "wait" and they DO. It's freaky. I'm not sure I'd do the other way around.

edit to add: I should add if it's abstract enough, and if I don't pay attention to it when the info "arrives", it'll fade in a few minutes like the memory of a dream, and I won't be able to get it back.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Prior to thinking there is 'knowing'. The pure knowledge has no words initially but the mind is a system like a computer and can only work with symbols. Humans use words to communicate and as soon as they learn to speak they never stop. Even when there is no one around they still speak, they think.
Thinking is not required to 'know' something, in fact when we struggle to find the right words to convey what is 'known', the words miss the mark.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

As a supplement to what Itisnowagain brilliantly said,
I'd suggest you to watch this and that.

edit on 6-1-2013 by D1ss1dent because: typo / vids

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
precognition!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Isn't precognition the knowing of an event before it happens. What OP is lost in is just thinking.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is what they call in theology the will.

top topics

join