It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china freezes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i,ve looked and never found no link for this but apologizes if its there.

britain flooded...australia on fire and china in ice?news.sky.com...

i know people say the weathers no stranger than it has ever been but i have to disagree....at 37 i may be young to say this but its getting pretty fcked up.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
yep.....no chinese takeaway over there

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
yep.....no chinese takeaway over there
as long as i can get them here then i,m happy

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
i,ve looked and never found no link for this but apologizes if its there.

britain flooded...australia on fire and china in ice?news.sky.com...

i know people say the weathers no stranger than it has ever been but i have to disagree....at 37 i may be young to say this but its getting pretty fcked up.

My home city in China is normally Cold, it's known for the Winter Light Festival.

Yes, those sculptures are made from blocks of ice.
But, here is the link for your story.

In some areas - northeastern China, eastern Inner Mongolia, and north part of far-western Xinjiang province - the low has hit -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F), the administration said. The state-run, English-language China Daily reported Friday that about 1,000 ships were stuck in ice in Laizhou Bay in eastern China's Bohai Sea.

hosted.ap.org...
I hope this helped you.
www.reuters.com...
Another picture of a tourist resort for skiing in my home city.

An average winter day, their not wearing face mask to warm the air as you breath, so it's not to cold, maybe -5 degrees.

edit on 5-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Well, with some weather cycles on the order of 10's of thousands of years, your 37 years isn't even worth considering. There are decadal oscillations, of which you have experienced a few. But extremes occur in much larger cycles.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
meh...
what's to say it isn't just mother earth going through a sort or bit of menopause, so to speak. (?)

hot/cold flashes and the like.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
meh...
what's to say it isn't just mother earth going through a sort or bit of menopause, so to speak. (?)

hot/cold flashes and the like.
yeah thats my point,are we coming to change that will effect everyone cause with whats happening with weather it seems like it......most countries are experiencing some form of extreme weather at the moment.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
lol, nature going through menopause

People on the soapbox tend to conveniently forget that the planet (and subsequently, universe) have been around a whole lot longer than a couple of currently living generations of a bipedal species. Existence is in a constant state of change, nothing is static. Otherwise environmental records wouldn't vary at all.
We're just a hominid infestation. We're not above the occasional epic environmental twitch to get rid of us.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When the temperatures dip lower than Russia, then I will comment further in this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
30 year record low?

So much for global warming.. looks like the next ICE AGE is near!

Rendering skimpy lingerie.... obsolete

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not speaking for the other countries, but in my 36yrs on this planet Australia is mostly hot this time of the yr. and bush fires although can be devastating are quiet common.

Some of our natural flora infact relies on fire. I will say, it's quiet worrying to see our coldest state with large fires. It's natures way. Not sure if the weather is any stranger then normal though.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

.....most countries are experiencing some form of extreme weather at the moment.

and from an historical vantage point/perspective.....most countries ARE ALWAYS EXPERIENCING SOME FORM OF EXTREME WEATHER.

not to shout at you or anything, But ... that's just my take on the matter.
+/-
/

'cyclical events' , nary worth mention, proportionate to to the 'annals of time - recorded', that is (?)

Meh ... It's Winter & It's cold in China ...

not looking for a 'river' or anything, just .... :shk:

hope they can keep warm.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

.....most countries are experiencing some form of extreme weather at the moment.

and from an historical vantage point/perspective.....most countries ARE ALWAYS EXPERIENCING SOME FORM OF EXTREME WEATHER.

not to shout at you or anything, But ... that's just my take on the matter.
+/-
/

'cyclical events' , nary worth mention, proportionate to to the 'annals of time - recorded', that is (?)

Meh ... It's Winter & It's cold in China ...

not looking for a 'river' or anything, just .... :shk:

hope they can keep warm.
well i know 2012 is britains 2nd wettest since records began and i,ve saw other countries weather of last year being extreme so it would be interesting to know where they ranked in their record years.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Yes, it's cold in most of China, my city of Harbin, China is famed as the Ice City, Harbin has long cold winters and short cool summers. The snow season can last as long as half a year.
January is the coldest with the lowest temperature dropping to -38 F, while it is just 68 F on average in summer.

And here is the Harbin Zoo with our Siberian Tigers. It pains my Hear to think they are so cold this year.

12m8keall2c , My 94 year old Father and 92 year old Mother refuse to leave, I call every night, they only have coal and steam radiator for heat in their home.
edit on 5-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow

I hope that is sarcasm ?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Warm thoughts and well wishes for your parents. Please remind them the importance of drinking extra water to remain hydrated. Also hanging blankets to keep the drafts down and wear many layers. I hope to hear good news of a warming trend soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by guohua

Warm thoughts and well wishes for your parents. Please remind them the importance of drinking extra water to remain hydrated. Also hanging blankets to keep the drafts down and wear many layers. I hope to hear good news of a warming trend soon.

Thank You So Very Much, antar.
I just finished talking to both and their doing very well, Thank you again.
Dad was soaking his feet in hot water as mother was treating his arthritic shoulder with Acupuncture.
It is a new day there, the sun is shining and Mother wants to take a dip in the river when they get a open area for the ice swimmer made.

This is Not My Mother
She's 4'9" 87pounds

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
30 year record low?

Rendering skimpy lingerie.... obsolete

Considering we are still IN an Ice Age .. the next one can't be near.

we are still in the ice age that began 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene epoch, because the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets still exist.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Right now we are in an interglacial period, or a "warm" period of an ice age.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The main big problem with our weather history is that our history is sooo young. I never heard about breaking 3000 year old records. It is always 30 years maybe a 100 years but no one has some decent record from medieval times so I honestly don't know. what about droughts of the inca's, flooding of Europe (15th century) or Chinese and Egyptian dynasties

We can argue we broke the record of most consistent weather in the last century... my gosh that has never happened before... We just don't have enough data yet

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BayesLike
reply to post by sparky31

Well, with some weather cycles on the order of 10's of thousands of years, your 37 years isn't even worth considering. There are decadal oscillations, of which you have experienced a few. But extremes occur in much larger cycles.

The point he is trying to make is that this isn't unusual for this time of the year in China. The same with the fires in Australia, anyone would think that Australia has never had a bushfire or extreme heat in Summer before. Only a few years back, we would go weeks on end with temps about 35 degrees. Whats happening now is nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join