It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Recent Obsession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I thought I would share some of my paintings that I've been working on recently with ATS. I've always been a creative person, whether it be through writing, drawing, building, or just about anything my hands and mind will let me do, but only recently have I picked back up where I left off when I was younger and put a paint brush in my hands again.

These are just a few of the many paintings I've done in recent weeks. As the thread title insinuates, I've become rather obsessed with painting and have turned one room in the house into an art studio to futher practice my obsession. Rarely does a day go by that my hands aren't covered in paint.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Love them
I like the 6th one best, reminds me of the sea.
Talented work dude/dudette, heck If I had any money I would want one

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Love the yellow and blue one. My favorite colors, and the contrast is gorgeous!

The first one evokes something primal, I think. It's captivating.

You really should continue painting....you've got talent, kid!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Do you use acrylic?

Sorry for the short reply.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I just painted that one last night. When I paint something, I don't really begin with any specific theme in mind, and just let the painting reveal itself...the sea is what this one makes me think of as well. Thanks for looking at them.

reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks for the kind words smyleegrl. I plan to continue painting as much as possible. I find it very peaceful and something I enjoy doing very much. I'd sit and paint all day every day if time would allow it.

reply to post by antonia

All of these are acrylic on canvas except for the first one. It was done with spray paint on plexiglass the other day at work. I've done quite a few in watercolor as well. I'm also working on perfecting some water marbling techniques such as painting with fingernail polish on top of water. It's a little tricky to pull of with successful results but beautiful when it works right. I'll try to take a few pictures of some of them to post. (my camera isn't the best so the pictures don't really do the colors in the paintings justice)

edit on 5-1-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I was pretty sure the first one wasn't. The others I was pretty sure because it had the right texture. I work a bit with acrylic but I'm more of a pen and ink person. Although I don't consider myself an artist. I use watercolor mostly for background wash.

I usually just throw my stuff out when it stacks up too high. It's born of ADD.

I like your work though. Keep at it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Your drawing reminds me of some of the things I use to draw...Don't throw them out!!!...I use to do that, and now I kick myself in the butt for tossing out my old drawings and paintings (and writings).

Here's a couple examples of the water marbling/painting I'm working on.

The one below was done with fingernail polish floated on water:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Yeah, I do that on my nails. Kinda old school nail art thing and a bit messy.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Very interesting, not like art I have seen before.

new topics

top topics

join