It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stumbled upon this local UFO pic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

There is nothing to see inside those red circles.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
these disussions aresoooo predictable.........
Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

It Could Be
by Human_Alien

It could be a bird
It could be a bat
How about a bug?
I second that!

It could be far
It could be near
Might be enormous
Maybe a smear!

Could be real
Could be pretend
CGI?
When does this end?

Could be alien
Could be an app
This thread will continue
Long after my nap

Bring in the experts
Call in the troops
Kodak and Apple
Even the late Betty Boop.

How 'bout a balloon?
Lanterns are good
When all else fails
How 'bout drift wood?

Amelia Earhart?
D.B Cooper?
I rhymed my way
Right into a stupor

This lame poetry
I will refrain
But someone please tell me
How this is more than mundane?

edit on 5-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Well done...

That read like Dr. Seuss.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Well done...

That read like Dr. Seuss.

Now see, I thought Shakespeare but.... Seuss is good too!

(thanks!)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Nice poem!

In regards to the photo...it could be anything, folks! Running it through filters really only serves to show that this is an actual object. Which, of course, is fairly obvious just at a glance of the pic. It has almost no definition. I have seen pictures of commercial airliners that looked just like this.

But my guess would be an insect very close to the lens.

ETA: And to say anything, I mean anything. This cannot even be classified as a UFO in its strictest sense because you cannot be certain this is anything more than a smudge on a camera lens.
edit on 5-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think its interesting and don't believe its an insect flying close, its actually distanced, and relating to the size of the trees, not that small. Anyway, could be a "you know what".....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Very interesting can't say its a UFO but i can rule out a bird after retouching the photo here you go.

Original:

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

Edit 3 zoomed:

edit on 6-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like it's close to the camera and blurred from motion. I've seen too many photos of birds in flight passing close to the camera that look just like this, so that's what I'm going with.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by schuyler
It's a mediocre picture with very little provenance.

Use simple words! Really, provenance?
Definition Link

prov·e·nance
1. Place of origin; derivation.
a. The history of the ownership of an object, especially when documented or authenticated. Used of artworks, antiques, and books.
b. The records or documents authenticating such an object or the history of its ownership.

So in other words, your high dictionariness, it is a mediocre picture with very little records authenticating such an object or the history of the object's ownership?

I'm terribly sorry you had to use a dictionary to look up this fairly simple word. (Good copy & paste, btw!) "Provenance" in this case means all the information surrounding the picture. Who took it? When did they take it? What kind of camera was used? What happened before and after the object was photographed? Was there any sound associated with the object? In what direction was it traveling? These are all things that would be discussed in the Mufon Field Investigation manual, among other places, and it is all lacking here.

The definition you cited is more like you would find on "Antique Road Show." The word as I used it is more like an archaeologist would use it attempting to describe finding an artifact in situ. Oh, dear. There's another word you might have to look up! Terribly sorry. Either is a valid use of the term. My only suggestion to you is to stop with the ad hominem B.S. and deal with the issue at hand. If you'd care to argue about who has a better grasp and knowledge of the English language, perhaps you could start a thread on it.

The issue before us is that we have a very mediocre picture found ON GOOGLE EARTH??? This is not likely to go down in the annals of Ufological lore as a significant find. Not only do we not know anything about it, there is really no good way to find out anything more about it. It is a "UFO," to be sure, in the technical sense of the term, but it is indistinct, could easily be a number of natural phenomena, and does not significantly add to our knowledge of the subject. It's dismissable and really not worth fighting over.
edit on 1/6/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It is a "UFO," to be sure, in the technical sense of the term, but it is indistinct, could easily be a number of natural phenomena, and does not significantly add to our knowledge of the subject. It's dismissable and really not worth fighting over.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

Are there any natural phenomenon that look like that? (just wondering, I swear lol)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

For example floating ash or rocks.
Gas, mist or dust clouds.
All called natural phenomena.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join