It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craziness going on in my small town!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWatcher13
reply to post by cass1dy09

That's the part I was paranoid about. If something big is happening I didn't want to bring attention to myself by talking about it online. But I'll tell you. It's Henderson, TN.

Then I would change your avatar maybe? (If that is you or someone close)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They do those drug sweeps here occasionally too. You can tell when one is going to happen, the city police office will has unmarked cars parked around it. They have busted many people for making meth around here lately, it's about time. Crime has spiked here over the years. We need to get it under control. Lots more car accidents for some reason also.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

One more tidbit.....the population of my entire county is a little over 17,000. That should give you an idea of how small of a town I live in. The main city's population is 6,000.

I got ya beat, my town is 321

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wonder if they are really confiscating everyone's guns or that's just exaggeration? And if they are taking guns, is it just from the druggies (which is good IMO) or from anyone they find?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

One more tidbit.....the population of my entire county is a little over 17,000. That should give you an idea of how small of a town I live in. The main city's population is 6,000.

I got ya beat, my town is 321

497 here....

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyWatcher13

edit on 5-1-2013 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

NC, GA, TN, West Virginia, Virginia, DC, Chicago, North Dakota and maybe others? Its an East Coast Issue!! Try and stay off the road at night!! The entire East Coast has gone wild!! The Police have been affected and are acting nuts everywhere!! Something Supernatural is going down.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

How is everyone in Montana? Anything new about FEMA Camp in Hardin, Montana?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Only counts if you're a 4th waiver. Meaning you waived your 4th amendment rights for whatever reason. Most common with parolees. Anyone who is not a 4th waiver still requires some kind of warrant. But that's all by the book, take it for what you will.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Rezlooper

Only counts if you're a 4th waiver. Meaning you waived your 4th amendment rights for whatever reason. Most common with parolees. Anyone who is not a 4th waiver still requires some kind of warrant. But that's all by the book, take it for what you will.

Not how it works in the state of WI - probation is the exact same rules as parole. You have no rights! Your probation agent can show up at your door with police and you can't say no to a search. They normally wouldn't do this though unless they suspect something. But, if they decided they wanted to search every probation and parolee in the county, they could.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It's interesting that you mentioned all this, I live in a very small town too. A few weeks before Christmas I was just non-shalantly driving somewhere after I got off work, minding my own business, when a cop pulled me over as I was going ONLY 3mph over the speed limit in a 30mph speed zone, where the speed change sign to 45 was literally only 12 feet in front of me. He not only pulled me over for such a minor thing (that almost nobody would get pulled over for) but he then requested to search my car (for no real reason)... I asked him why he would feel the need to search my car, at which he vaguely replied "well...it's close to the holidays... and we like to look for stolen property..."

I wasn't driving recklessly, I wasn't drunk or doing drugs, and I wasn't doing anything suspicious or troublesome at all.

I don't know what the real motive was or what he was looking for exactly, but I've never had this happen to me before.

edit on 6-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Well, did you let him search?
Please say no...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xquietonex

Well, did you let him search?
Please say no...

Well... I obviously didn't want him to... but yep... I did, my main and only reason why I let him being that I did not want to sit there getting my time wasted any longer than it already was. it was freezing outside and the whole thing was getting ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yuup, This happen to my girl friends parents living in america, they were pretty pissed at the cops but the cops did notify the town & put notice boards all around the town that cops will be collecting guns.

Sounds like the beginning of the near end of guns...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Are you admitting that you wrote a thread without doing ANY research into it yourself? About YOUR own home town?

May I recommend this new website called Google. Its really a great tool for exploring the internet. You see, you go to the Google homepage and type in words relevant to what you are looking for and in less than a second Google connects you to a bunch of information about your query.

Google

Yeah, you see this is a discussion forum and we discuss things here, it's a fascinating concept. OP asked a question and got answers and apparently picked up a troll along the way.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A couple of weeks ago, we had none other than the Department of Homeland security raiding local headshops in Asheville NC and confiscating glass pipes. Homeland Security raiding headshops... keeping us safe from, well whatever they want it seems. I could have sworn DHS was supposed to do something a little more important than dragging glasswork out of local shops, but then this is the Brave New World they wanted for us.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Cops cant just take peoples guns and pull people over for no reason.

Sometimes people get so anxious with their delusions they want to make up a story to force their pain on others.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Sometimes people get so anxious with their delusions they want to make up a story to force their pain on others.

Like hell they can't. Katrina ring a bell? Ever hear of the Patriot Act, or Executive Order? Ever have to work late and get pulled over for simply driving home? They can and do while a vast majority facilitate it by obliviously speaking of the delusions of others who voice their concerns over it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Lol fair enough. I once had a Mountie just search...no ask. Just started rooting around in my truck.
Random searches (without cause) are my pet peeve.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

What world are you living in? Or should I say country, because it isn't America if you think police can't pull people you over for no reason at all. Late last summer in my county, a small one as well, the county and city police brought in state troopers to help them do a warrant check point. They actually set up in several different areas in the county and randomly pulled people over to check for warrants. Keep in mind that the three check points were right outside the rougher neighborhoods so of course, the rest of us sat by and said nothing while they picked on the people from the poor area (where there were most likely residents with warrants). This doesn't make it right or legal, but it happens.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join