It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Allawi states major negligence by coalition to blame for masacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Iraqi interm presiden Ayad Allawi made a brief statement regarding the masacre of 44 soldiers and 4 drivers recently in Iraq. Citing "major negligence" by some members of the multinational forces. He did not elaborate.

www.cnn.com
Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi said Tuesday that Saturday's massacre of 44 Iraqi national guard soldiers resulted from "major negligence on the part of some members of the multinational forces."

Speaking to the country's National Council, Allawi did not elaborate on his claim, but said a committee will be investigating the "vicious" act "where a large number of national guards met martyrdom."

Al-Zarqawi's terrorist network claimed responsibility for the execution-style massacre of the 44 soldiers and four drivers east of Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Scroll halfway down the link to see the story. This is not going to sit well with Bush. His puppet leader in Iraq is starting to call it like it is and is not cowtowing to him. My thought is Allawi is starting to unoffically campaign for the presidency of Iraq. Distancing himself from Bush would probably do well for his election hopes.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Can you at least get some of your facts straight before making posts?

Iraqi interm presiden Ayad Allawi made a brief statement regarding the masacre of 44 soldiers and 4 drivers recently in Iraq. Citing "major negligence" by some members of the multinational forces. He did not elaborate.

Ayad Allawi is not the interim President of Iraq - he's the interim Prime Minister. The President's name is Ghazi al-Yawer. You could have read the article you were posting to find that out.

Also, referring to Allawi as "[Bush's] puppet leader" is hardly denying bias, is it? You sound like an Al-Jazeera reporter.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
sensfan.....It is very interesting that Allawi is critical of CF for not providing sufficent security for the ING soldiers who were murdered.

He may hope that this criticism may provide more of a gulf between him and the MNF operating in Iraq. This would then show him to be independant of the Coalition in the lead up to the proposed elections in Iraq during January.

In making no attempt to hide the political rifts within his government, his comment would appear to indicate that a domestic political culture is becoming established.

Sensfan................Thanks for bringing this important news to the board. Its a such a shame that some members are so critical of others. Good manners cost nothing!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Good manners cost nothing!

If someone states an opinion in a news posting then they should expect to have that opinion challenged. The interim government may not have a democratic mandate (yet), but they were not appointed by the US - they were appointed by the Iraqi Governing Council, which at the time comprised of 12 Shia Muslims, 5 Sunni Muslims, 5 Kurds, 1 Assyrian Christian and 1 Turkmen. Therefore describing government members as Bush's puppets is not only opinionated but also unhelpful and untrue.

If you want to defend bias and inaccuracy then feel free. I reserve my right to comment on it, thank you very much (polite enough for you?)

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Ahhh....I'm glad we have cleared that up. Yes very polite....thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I keep hearing about this story, and it's so sad. Unarmed men with a bullet to the head. It seems like the terrorists are the only ones with weapons. I don't see how the Iraqi police can get any legitimacy. We need a third party to train the police, so they don't look like America stooges.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yeah, where are all the Bush supporters that were so happy when Allawi was Butt licking the Bush administration? Allawi was a lot more honest when he returned home to his national assembly.

Iraq is getting worse, not better.

I can't imagine how we are going to do any good there without putting more troops in. It's either that or bleed personel, material and money forever as it worsens or cutting and running and stopping our losses.

top topics

join