It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Again, you prove my opinion right, you REFUSE to answer the question.
Was he justified to enter the house or not?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Again, you prove my opinion right, you REFUSE to answer the question.
Was he justified to enter the house or not?

I DID answer it.

YOU refuse to live up to your responsibilities and now you want me play some childish gun-owners game for dummies.

I can play this game too.

YOU made that guy enters the mother's home? Why did you do that? Do you not respect mothers and their children?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Again you did not answer, it's a simple yes or no answer, was the dirtbag justified
YES OR NO

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What about being responsible for ones own actions?? Everyone in life has to make CHOICES, this man has made many bad ones. Yeah he might have had a rough start but so have many others and the managed to not end up criminals breaking into house. I do not consider myself in any form or fashion responsible for any CHOICES this man made at anytime in his life. Don't blame others for things you've done yourself.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If you can only see this from one level then i will say YES, he was justified. And she deserves to be scared for her life, since her life and her children 's are all she is concerned about.
YOU and that mother deserve to have your home invaded every single day for the rest of your irrelevant life.

What a ludicrous load of tripe.

I'm a mother. I've survived a severe assault. And if someone breaks into my home, I'm going to do my best to take that person out.

Why? Because I hate people? Because I have no sympathy for the poor?

No. Because I'm a mother and I will defend my son. It's the most basic biological imperative in every living creature.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Cry me a river Mr T122 I have done plenty. What have you done is what I am wondering. Do break into homes because you feel less fortunate to steal from hard working people cause you sure are defending the type that do. Just be careful the next time you decide to steal from someone you may run into an armed mother and wind up like your friend there.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

If you can only see this from one level then i will say YES, he was justified. And she deserves to be scared for her life, since her life and her children 's are all she is concerned about.
YOU and that mother deserve to have your home invaded every single day for the rest of your irrelevant life.

I'm a mother. I've survived a severe assault. And if someone breaks into my home, I'm going to do my best to take that person out.

No. Because I'm a mother and I will defend my son. It's the most basic biological imperative in every living creature.

Ya well you also have an obligation to defend your nation in order to justify being protected by your constitution.

You didnt!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311

What about being responsible for ones own actions?? Everyone in life has to make CHOICES, this man has made many bad ones. Yeah he might have had a rough start but so have many others and the managed to not end up criminals breaking into house. I do not consider myself in any form or fashion responsible for any CHOICES this man made at anytime in his life. Don't blame others for things you've done yourself.

You might be suprised how many Americans dont go hungery every day because of dependency on crime.

Steeling is his job in the American economy

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Im a father and i will defend my son. Whats your point?

You dont have a respocibility to your nation? you bask in your rights it offers you...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

You might be suprised how many Americans dont go hungery every day because of dependency on crime.

I don't understand your point??? Go to school, get a job provide for your family. Their dependency on crime is a CHOICE! If your unhappy with the cards you've been dealt in life then do something to improve your situation! It's thinking like this that has help drag this country down

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ya well you also have an obligation to defend your nation in order to justify being protected by your constitution.

You didnt!

This is confusing me. No, I've never been a soldier...is that what you mean by defending my nation?

I may not be a player on the national or international stage. And it's a rather silly argument to think that one person can always influence government on a constitutional level.

But I'm a teacher, and I work in a poverty stricken area. I firmly believe the only way to break the cycle is thru education.

So yeah, I'm doing my part.

But none of that matters. If someone tried to hurt my son, that person is going down.
edit on 5-1-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Im a father and i will defend my son. Whats your point?

You dont have a respocibility to your nation? you bask in your rights it offers you...

Where does defending my son clash with a responsibility to my nation? And if ever it does, then I will defend my son over my country every time.

How is it that you, as a parent, don't understand that?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I don't understand your point??? Go to school, get a job provide for your family. Their dependency on crime is a CHOICE! If your unhappy with the cards you've been dealt in life then do something to improve your situation! It's thinking like this that has help drag this country down

Your assumimg there us a job for every willing American... Fact is there isn't you sold your jobs
To China and other countries.

If you were a responsible armed American, you.wouldnt have let that happen.

You would rather hire an illegal mexican to clean your house and
Watch the kids than a black American because your sort of a racist nation.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Your assumimg there us a job for every willing American... Fact is there isn't you sold your jobs
To China and other countries.

If you were a responsible armed American, you.wouldnt have let that happen.

You would rather hire an illegal mexican to clean your house and
Watch the kids than a black American because your sort of a racist nation.

It's called adaptation, there are plenty of jobs here in America that can never go overseas..... I'm a nurse I work in healthcare, they can't ship my job overseas. I don't hire anyone to clean my house much less an "illegal mexican". Fact of the matter is most people don't want those jobs because they require you to actually work and they would rather CHOOSE to do illegal things to "make ends meet". That being said you should really think before you post because your making yourself look ignorant.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Most of us TRUSTED them back then. Aren't you the Mensa graduate failing to put that one together as well?
As for the racist crap ,its a typical load from a looser in an argument.I suppose this is a big GUN OWNER GAME as well, like we have some kind of secretive club,placing yourself OUTSIDE the argument,and totally missing any fact those who know better tell you.
Runaway as long as you can from reality,we have face to face experience.
Most get it.
I must say your title is perfect,perhaps a Freudian slip?
edit on 5-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21

reply to post by xxdaniel21

so what was she supposed to do?? ask him what his intentions were and wait for an answer???

Tell me something, why do the police tell people to put down their weapons, rather than shooting straight away? Of course, the use of force in that manner would be police brutality. Something that a lot of ATS members don't take too well. Why is it that a lot of the police videos where an officer tases without warning brings a massive #storm, yet a woman who fires a gun without warning is fine.

So yes, in answer to your question, she could have stated that he should not come any further. There was no warning.

You have some real crazy answer to this story.

You can't compare this situation to TRAINED police officers. They are trained to deal with criminals this woman is NOT so her first instinct IS going to be to shoot. Also she may have had a "plan" and guess what sometimes when shtf and IS REAL your whole plan goes out the window due to fear!

You have zero compassion for another human being...oh wait it seems you care more for criminals. IF you don't want to be shot don't try and break into someones house. Plain and simple.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join