It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-End the World- ETA. May 15 2003.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Members of Japanease cult Pana Wave Laboratory, belive that the world will be devastated by natural disasters on May 15.

Members, clad themselve entirely in white to protect from electomagnetic waves, which they say made thier 69 yr old leader gravely ill.

The group -apparently an off shoot of a religious group that emerged about 30 yrs ago- belives there will be a reversal of the magnetic poles, causing tidal waves and earthquakes.

A white masked member, on the 5 of May, read a garbled message he said was an "emergency statement" from the groups leader that contained the line: "people without the ears to hear will all face death."

A pamphlet issued last year by the religious cult that evolved into Pana Wave Laboratory said that if their leader died, they should "exterminate all humankind at once."

Currently, the group of about 50 members, is camped on a unused road in the mountainous village of Kiyomi. After beind moved on twice when faced with the threat of arrests since a tense five day stand-off.

Japanese authorities say the group is unlikely to pose adanger to the general public the greater danger being a mass suicide of group members.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
looks like i'll have to catch the early showing of Matrix

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
(No translation.)

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
"looks like i'll have to catch the early showing of Matrix"

--quango

I second this motion.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The end times are her but the earth will never be destroyed.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Sun, Moon and the Earth were here long before us and will be here long after too.

Originally posted by believerinchrist
The end times are her but the earth will never be destroyed.

Well until the Sun turns into a Red Giant and engulfs the inner planets.

It amazes me how important we humans feel we are. We are in really isolated when you think about it. Good thing for us huh

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hmm.

Fascinating, these cults. Most likely another group of nutters but a couple of things about them are quite interesting; they talk of 'electromagnetic waves being used for evil purposes by communists' Isn't that what some people have been saying HAARP is being used for? (don't know about the communist angle..)
They say these 'waves' are being used to kill their leader, their cure for this being ...white sheets. Well I suppose it beats tinfoil hats.

Their claim that the poles are going to flip has been given more credence lately with the revelation that the poles are indeed moving at a rate of 4 times faster than usual. The Earth's magnetic field is also getting weaker.
Though any chance of a flip 'is said' to be hundreds if not thousands of years away.

news.bbc.co.uk...

They've been waiting for the 15th of May this year since the late 70's. The 15th's going to be some day for those folks anyway, whatever happens (or not...)

I'm going to E-mail them and ask them to hold it off for a day or two anyway. I've got a party planned for the 14th and I'll be too hungover to notice the end of the world...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A magnetic polar flip is actually a very slow event.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
how come the sun flips pretty darned fast then...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
yes indeed about the matrix ii, I will catch the first showing here perhaps a midnight showing on the 14th

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Looks like I wont get any awards at the JROTC award ceremony on the 17th. There wont even be an awards ceremony

I agree I will see the first showing of the Matrix.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe this is a scam ran by the makers of the matrix... hehe
must make as much cash on opening day hmmm

LoL

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well I agree with going to the early showing......darn....this really messes up my plans for next week.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
how come the sun flips pretty darned fast then...

Because it's plasma... not rock and lava.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm going with Omega, AV, Lysergic, LW, and quango to see the matrix. Save me a seat guys

What a way to go
Watching Neo kick the sh*t out of 100 agent smiths.
I'd enjoy it

XAOS

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
A magnetic polar flip is actually a very slow event.

Amazingly slow...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, it is May 9th and nothing odd seems to be happening, cept that my boss said that i was doing good work

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
only 5 days

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a good thing. On that day we are supposed to delivery to the Air Force one of their Pavehawks, and due to effectivity conflicts it is still a soup sandwich.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There was a small earthquake in Sarajevo, Bosnia about 2 days ago lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join