It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm a Canadian and I love the USA, let me just make that clear right off the bat.

The United States basically gave birth to modern history as we know it, and it's an exceptional nation for a whole host of reasons, not the least of which is the well meaning, decent and hard working ethic, family and community values etc, of it's people. I mean as a nation you've still got it going on, and so let me remind you just who and what you are, and remain. Now of course there'll be one or two of you, at most, hopefully, who are sure to say "listen up Canadian panzy hippy Jesus freak, we don't need YOU to tell US what a great nation we really are, and if it wasn't for us protecting your asses, you'd be screwed what'ya got some Indians and a Mountie on a horse, compared to us you're an insignificant fly at best, we rule the world so get used to it" to which I would reply, very calmly if not with an inviting smile, "have a beer eh" and then see what ya gotta say to that.. in other words, save it, and have a beer, for real.

Seriously, while we know and love and remember who and what you have been and to a degree still are as a nation, we've been rather concerned you might say, for what going on over a DECADE now! To be honest it's ruined many of our lives, including my own worrying about you along with the state of world affairs ie: it all went to # OMG!

I'm not going to try to "diagnose" the fundamental underlying nature of the problem, and truly only an American citizen is entitled to do that, what is it for me to say, or even for that matter the entire watching and somewhat horrified world..

Only you can somehow fix it, and make "it" better, because if you can't then we all may be screwed, hey at least we're in it together as "North Americans", and it's not like the whole continent is breaking up or losing integrity anytime soon - so maybe it's not too late?

The degree of constructive optimism vs. absolute cynicism and apathy, will tell the tale now, and since we're at a conspiracy website it may be tilted a little in favor of an abject state of utter powerlessness in the face of unseen forces of wickedness and evil, in both high and low places, about which there is absolute nothing we can do but rail against it forever in eternity, giving in to the matrix and the dumbing down (sorry gotta check my device brb..), ceasing to rage against the machine, giving up..

And that's what scares me more than anything, at any level (and I'm deep), your surrender to the "status quo", as if you don't make a difference, helpless to enact meaningful change and transformation while some Alien or the Pope or one God or another greedily harvests your energies in some insidious plot to enslave us all (sound familiar?, and I know that there are many among you prepared to argue in FAVOR of this, unto your dying breath if need be, I know, trust me I KNOW maybe even more than I'm letting on..

So in the final analysis, here's what I see, as the eternal optimist that I am or have become, have been convinced to become by reason and logic.

I see a fulcrum in our midst, a great historical fulcrum, a turning point, even in alignment with the stars as a force of gravity, since universal principals of truth and justice are just that, universal, they bend the whole distance... (sit with that for a while oh yea of the meditative persuasion).

And here's the thing. It's at the expense of all the idiots and all the nonsense don't you see? So it's a fulcrum that also leaves "burning coals on their heads" (see Proverbs), and that, my friends, my good American friends, is very funny - so the contrast that you've created, on the dumbing down scale of things (you might say please forgive me I'm sorry for saying it), is PERFECT, and right now, at this very moment in human history, like no other, is represented the opportunity of a lifetime even if only because things just simply can't get any worse than they've gotten, it just HAS to get better, it can't not.

Therefore, it's a GREAT time to be alive my American friends, like no other. Congrats on not COMPLETELY falling apart like the Roman Empire, and utterly crumbling, we're glad to see you getting back up and on your feet again that's a relief on the economic front, but what now..?

Run for office, build a company, come to power, because there's nothing more powerful than a central idea whose time has come, and God help the politicians, and corporate bullies everywhere, because I am here to proclaim, from this particular channel of the noosphere, maybe even from the cusp of it's cosmogenesis, that YOU LOST, and WE WON.

It's already a done deal - we've woken up ONE ENTIRE GENERATION of the American populace, or close to it (yeah there's a LOT of "dumbing down" around the fringes..).

COME TO POWER, for the love of God, and when you do NEVER compromise your integrity, be a rock and do not blow with the winds of (I don't know what to call it it's that bad).

And against our rock of truth and reasonableness, their "house" will, go, thump, while the spirit of Christ comes like a thief in the night, to set right the pillars of righteousness, and may the demons in the system have nowhere left to hide... imagine that... imagine, that.

It IS a new age for mankind - that's all my monicur represents, is just the hope, the mere hope, that we can leverage this fulcrum, and lay the foundation of a new model and a new way of doing things, with both the utmost awareness and, the utmost humor, and joy.

Please, for the love of God and people everywhere, do not give up on your country or yourselves or your neighbor by any means, there's no REASON to. None.

Paranoia is also a big Destroya.. - don't forget that, you've got to be very careful and very discerning before you write your own country off as forever beyond retrieval, because you are an American, and what does it say about you to hold such a cynical view, both of your country and the whole world for that matter, why must it be all FUBAR all the time, that's stupid and utterly inane to hold to that position at any and all cost, in fact it's absolute hilarious when you really stop and think about it..

So I say Godspeed my American fiends and neighbors to the south, Godspeed, and

May God, once again, bless, the United States of America, and, the rest of the world too - we deserve it, we've suffered ENOUGH God help us, and I mean that allegorically even humorously as I much as I really mean it for real, if not as an exclamation of panic. Do not panic, do not be afraid, the only thing to fear is.... blah blah blah the end.

NAM
aka Bob or Rob if you prefer.

Largely forgetting what I just wrote but just going ahead and clicking post WTH I felt pretty good while I was writing it - so whatever I (he) said.. points nowhere.

Be of good cheer! There is nothing to fear have a beer, eh?

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
what isnt wrong with it... probably would be a shorter list

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Wow good answer.

To which I would say probably every single American citizen on this board and those reading too..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ANIMAL FARM?

You are what you eat!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
P.S. Sorry for the double bind I didn't mean it, not to leave you a cynical option and POV, that's not fair either. Rant away!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

SnF for a well thought out, well reasoned thread. Americans, apparently DO need to be reminded from time to time, that they are the ones who hold the power, the authority in the US.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
ANIMAL FARM?

You are what you eat!

What do you mean that they're paying the karmic price for being predominantly a meat eating nation? I don't understand the cryptic language - I'm sorry, it's from Animal Farm (duh!) which I haven't read in so long that I'd forgotten. Um, could you still decode it for me though, what you really mean by that "you are what you eat..animal farm..?" Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

We need more Americans like you.

S&F

(I know you are Canadian, BTW)
edit on 3-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Tell you the truth I was try'in to think of someone in Canada I could visit for awhile ? Do you know of anyone ?

Really an excellent read Nam
SnF
edit on 3-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Wow good answer.

To which I would say probably every single American citizen on this board and those reading too..

If you give me a star for that, you'll be giving yourself a star too ie: don't leave that one without a star for too much longer you're starting to worry me again..

link   
I think what happened was for a time our(US) system worked but has become corrupted through nefarious means. It is out of control now and I think it should serve as a warning to all the nations that have followed in the steps of the US. This is just my opinion, interesting topic idea Op. S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hit'in the sauce again eh !

Don't answer ! I'll edit.

No I'm stone cold sober! Damn now you've done it Randy now I really do need and in fact must have a beer, for real. See ya! Have fun!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's very simple.

The lawyer class has taken over the government.

They are smarter than the average American who they convince to keep voting them back in office.

They use a proven tactic, an "us vs. them" strategy by demonizing the opposing side, creating fear of the unknown.

They provide just enough freedom, services, and comfort that most people are content to irrationally support their "team" during elections, and then go back to watch television shows and sports to occupy their time.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

We're so screwed. I wish I could agree with your generational saving theory, but I firmly believe it's too late to save America. Those in charge have failed. And if we are 'saved', what's to come of it will be nothing of the free America we strive for, as so many young adults are jaded by what we have today, thinking it's a result of freedom, and wanting no part of it.

Such a shame. Literally, think of the millions who have died for us to live free and here we are just idly watching it all get flushed down. You think that's hyperbole? How do you come back from 60 trillion accrued debt? You think the Patriot Act and the NSA will ever go away? It's over. Our elders have failed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No need for karma when cause ---> effect & correlations are a given..

As in ingest.. and drink!

United Snakes! Dumbed down, doped up, and distracted

www.crimefilenews.com...

We have dumbed down to such a state of ignorance that government tyranny is easily facilitated despite our Bill of Rights

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Mabey a democratic system works up only until a critical size in population is reached after which it starts to collapse under the weight of social, political and economic gravity. The dinosaurs dies out cause they were too big, mabey this is what wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AMERICANSTRONG

The white haired guys.

Um, forgive me for saying this, but won't they all be dead within 20 years..?

How old are you?

You sure you got this right, are you absolutely sure that all hope is lost?

The humorous joke of understanding is told at the expense of an awful lot of ignorance and idiocy please keep that in mind and don't forget it. The data on that, is in.

So the "keepers of the flame" dropped the ball and now everything's out of control, but in the words of Terrance McKenna "if everything's out of control then who's control is it out of?" I tell you the actual situation as it REALLY is, is very funny, and rather prone to dramatic historical shifts, abrupt changes in idiology and in outlook. Everything is up in the air!

So it's really out of their control and "they" whoever "they" really are (I think of them as big hook-nosed degenerate hunchbacks myself) they are now afraid of the rising tide of civil conscious awareness of the masses, of us, of you and me, the tables have turned already and they are obviously already running around like chickens with their heads cut off, both in the US and in Europe.

Newflash - Plan to Take over the World an Abysmal FAILURE! LOL

But that's good news for the next generation - right? A chance to do things differently, to get it right the first time. It's not the US government though, not "Obama" (oooooh he's so cool), it's what everyone does, what we create, the culture we make, the new book, the new company, the new idea, new music new network and every creative endeavor we undertake. It's all up in the air!

At some level you have to admit that I know what I'm talking about here, when we start talking about both looking back on the one hand, and forward, on the other.. Obama doesn't have a monopoly on the word "forward" either.

And so are you now going to take what the last generation has handed us, what the greyhairs passed down, and throw away not only your own but every future generation to come, just because of mere disappointment that the greyhairs didn't save us? Just look at them - look at them!

THEY LOST.

WE WON!

It already happened, they dropped the ball, and it's utterly hilarious, and magnificent as an opportunity to "come to power".

Again, "there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

Check this out, this well summarizes the true nature of the predicament ie: Pirates having taken over the ship..

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: vid added

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMERICANSTRONG

We're so screwed. I wish I could agree with your generational saving theory, but I firmly believe it's too late to save America. Those in charge have failed.

Thank you for your contribution AMERICANSTRONG, your opinion is valuable and meaningful, I hope to see more of you in this thread, I know you have a lot to offer this discussion, you must!

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: [

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am so sick of hearing that this nation is somehow made great by god,
one quick easy look into history shows you exactly why our fore fathers
fled an oppressive regime that was ruled by a church, why has anyone
convinced themselves that they wanted to go right back to doing the
same thing, not only that but it was made brutally clear at the time that
this would be a nation of freedom FROM and FOR religion, IE we can
all have our way if religion would just back the heck off.

the separation of church and state is more important than ever in
this increasing holy war the world is being dragged into again,
i for one would love to see freedom and equality make a huge
come back, i would love to see equality be extended to those who
choose same sex partners, real freedom from oppressive laws and
an end to the invasion of privacy in the name of safety, which is
such a failed idea by the way, privacy is every ones right, id love to
see the religious nuts in our public offices replaced with caring level
headed individuals who will fight for every ones right to be free and
not just their religions right to take advantage, we will not be truly
free until we free ourselves from the religious right. one day we will
be the great nation we were intended to be, but it must be freedom
and not the loss of freedom to religion which does that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think the problem is this generation doesnt have the pride that was instilled in us.. It was not to long ago everyone was proud to be an american.. We started each day at school with the pledge of allegiance and we were taught we were lucky to be american

No other nations opinion mattered on anything It was only "our way"..
edit on 4-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join