It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and their 'Contrail' Web Site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
Funny how these Persistent Spreading chemtrails were never seen in the sky when I was younger (20 to 30 years ago)
Funny that they feel it so important to educate the public on what a contrail is, so when we look up and see chemtrails in the sky, all anyone has to do is reference the NASA web site and !OH! seems that just a normal contrail after all. Riiiight! lol

Funny how when you were a kid, the number of planes flying was so much lower.
Funny how when you were a kid they didn't have super efficient high bypass turbofans that leave more and longer lasting contrails like they do now.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
the purpose of this nasa website is to train the growing minds of children to accept the governments position without questioning it.
in the monitoring of message board entries they have noticed that most citizens are somewhat skeptical when they become aware that something is amiss in the enviornment.
this is a natural response and cannot be tolorated in a controlled society!

if you would like to participate in this re-education program, visit the Reporting Instructions area of the site.

Non-Registered GLOBE Teachers
If you are not a GLOBE teacher the first step is to become trained in one or more of the GLOBE protocols.
If you are interested in reporting cloud and contrail observations, it is suggested that you receive training in the Atmospheric Protocols.
Because GLOBE accepts scientific quality data, only trained participants may send in data.
To look for a workshop near you, please visit the GLOBE website, click on the "Educator's Corner" button located in the left sidebar, then open the "Teacher workshops" link.
On this page are instructions for enrolling in a workshop and, if a workshop is not available, for contacting the GLOBE U.S. Partner Coordinator nearest you.
If you are not in the US, click on the Countries link in the left sidebar to find a GLOBE contact in your country.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just wait until the Illumineerati play their HAARPS to create Agenda007 my friends. Then we're in for it.

Wait and see

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

It is not only that we should always distrust a source any source, or better yet one could trust but verify. The issue starts when the source has no credibility and an history of not only immoral activity bout outright evil doing, secrecy and abuse of power and corruption. Why would anyone trust a government, trust is given to people not institutions one could respect an institution but does anyone respect the US government or the general US policy or the general history of the US, especially since WW2 ?!?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Originally posted by Urantia1111

you're exactly right. they're normalizing the phenomenon for the young. it's showing up in movies too. and I don't remember these things crisscrossing the sky when I was growing up either back then. it's because they weren't up there. I spent my whole childhood outside looking up. the jig is and has been up for years.

Proof...Just a wee bit...Please!!!!
edit on 3-1-2013 by minkmouse because: Normalized for basement dwellers

Impossible! How can I prove that these were not about when we were kids? I could show a million photographs of the sky, but you could quite legitimately say "Ah, you don't have ALL the photos" or you could suggest I just don't have the photo I needed. Not possible to prove a negative like this. But like my fellow poster - I am mid 40's - I never saw stuff like this as a kid, and Kids back then spent all their time outside - we didn't have play stations and computers like the youth of today!

Actually being the same age my memory is hazy, but I remember cloud seeding as a kid. I also remember my family didn't fly anywhere because it was too damn expensive we drove on our all our Vacations. Now however across a long distance it is actually cheaper to fly. Matter of fact my nephews have flown 10 times more than I did (only once until 18).

I am betting when we were kids the population of planes and flights was a 20th of what it is today.
edit on 4-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
And to answer your query about why NASA has a contrail web site, it's because there are people without a lot of science understanding that just might want learn something. Something real and factual, not speculation and conspiracy.
I have always wondered why people continue to believe when the only thing that is consistent about the "chemtrail" websites is the victim attitude and fear that "they are doing something to us."
If you read all the information about contrails it is always the same, source to source.
Things that make you do hmmmmmmm....

I guess it would come from the people whose main hobby is skywatching, and how they never saw these long lasting contrails EVER.

It would come from the children who were fascinated with science, the skies, the stars who suddenly noticed they could not use the telescopes and that the planes they watched in the skies were now leaving bizarre ever expanding trails in the skies.

It could come from the people on beaches who realize all too often they cannot enjoy a sunny blue sky day without someone painting trails all over the sky and even blocking out the sun so it drops 10 degrees and they cannot even tan.

And of course topping it all off is a total lack of concern, and general "what are you crazy?" mantra spouted by people who claim these trails were seen before, but also now claim that planes fly higher and have different engines to blame.

They also claim that the more efficient the engine is, the more it destroys the skies.
An oversight by engine designers who just want to save money in gas, and none of these people really care about the sky, the fact that it appears to be the largest change in environment, ( surely by a visual standpoint ) and that tons of "top scientists" are wasting countless endless hours of time to convince people that everything is ok and we should all JUST SHUT UP about it.

No, no reason at all to have any concern about this phenomenon at all, in fact we should celebrate these trails as markers of an advanced society !!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

Why would NASA dedicate a whole section of their web site to contrails. With technical explanations and photos etc.

Funny how so many of the photos look just like chemtrails.

That's because the so called "chemtrails" are actually contrails.

Funny how these Persistent Spreading chemtrails were never seen in the sky when I was younger (20 to 30 years ago)

well as a child (40 years ago) I distinctly remember contrails lasting for long time especially the ones coming out of the higher planes.

Funny that they feel it so important to educate the public on what a contrail is, so when we look up and see chemtrails in the sky, all anyone has to do is reference the NASA web site and !OH! seems that just a normal contrail after all. Riiiight! lol

Maybe because the chemtrail nonsense is becoming a problem ie when people in positions of power and influence (that could affect NASA budgets) start to believe it. Maybe because schoolkids who "educate" themselves with conspiracies keep asking NASA the same mind numbing questions........and they are getting exhasperated!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

you're exactly right. they're normalizing the phenomenon for the young. it's showing up in movies too. and I don't remember these things crisscrossing the sky when I was growing up either back then. it's because they weren't up there. I spent my whole childhood outside looking up. the jig is and has been up for years.

Well I remember them from 40 years ago. I remember lying on my back in the garden waiting for the one that persisted AFTER the plane was over the horizon NB the "horizon" was actually the hills/houses in the distance so we are talking about a 160-170 degree view of the sky.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Proof...Just a wee bit...Please!!!!
edit on 3-1-2013 by minkmouse because: Normalized for basement dwellers

Impossible! How can I prove that these were not about when we were kids? I could show a million photographs of the sky, but you could quite legitimately say "Ah, you don't have ALL the photos" or you could suggest I just don't have the photo I needed. Not possible to prove a negative like this. But like my fellow poster - I am mid 40's - I never saw stuff like this as a kid, and Kids back then spent all their time outside - we didn't have play stations and computers like the youth of today!

You must not have been on a flight path then.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Damn those scientist and our government funded agency! How dare they actually put out useful information! Damn them to hell! Maybe Encyclopedia Britannica is in on it too!

Damn ME I never knew that as a child I was a government agent pretending they saw long lasting contrails. Sheesh better ban me from ATS now before I warp everybody's minds with lies.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

They also have stuff about snow

I don't remember seeing snow when I was a kid

It must be a conspiracy!!!!!!!!

Seriously, contrails are real and for over 50 years we've been concerned about the possible effect they may have on weather and climate. Why should NASA cover that up? Think about it ....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

How you turn that into me saying they ALL look line them. Exaggerating a little?

Sorry about that I misread what you said..

but as for this...

Chetrails are a fact of life, even if you don't believe it. There is a veritable plethora of information on the web supporting this position from a varied array of sources.

So, any chance you might want to share some links for this plethora of evidence?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

When I lived in New Hampshire in the early 80s I remember seeing persistent contrails going overhead. They weren't all the time, but they were there. They're more common now because of the changes to engines, but they've been seen as far back as the 1920s. During WWII bomber crews would fly different routes back because their own contrails spread out and made visibility so bad.

This is a modern day Airbus, with the new turbofan engines, and a Boeing 707 with the old JT3D low bypass turbofans. Both at the same altitude, same conditions. Notice the difference?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by minkmouse

Secret agendas of depopulation don't leave much scientific proof lying around. Makes it way harder to get away with. I'm only 40. I know what the sky looked like 20 years ago. this is a relatively new thing.

If the agenda is depopulation, the idiots are doing it wrong. Year after year with chemtrails criss-crossing the skies, all over the world, just imagine the gigantic costs of this secret evil agenda.

And still the world population continue to grow. Gigantic chemtrail fail.
www.worldometers.info...

Good thing the evil idiots have never figured out that simply dropping some depopulation poison stuff in the water supplies around the world would be a whole lot cheaper and more effective.

edit on 4-1-2013 by th2356 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What can you expect of an organization that harbored Nazis.
That's all I'm going to say and, "hello the same peeps on this thread as all others pertaining to this subject".
Busted.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
the purpose of this nasa website is to train the growing minds of children to accept the governments position without questioning it.

But that is part of the curriculum of NASA employees, and their children.
So, if the Fathers of those children who are from a NASA employee....are they agreeing to teach their kids lies ? I doubt it.
Would you knowingly teach your children lies......esp if would harm their health too ?
Come on people....get real.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've heard this before ...that NASA lies to their very own kids.
Come on.....mothers and fathers who work there will allow their kids to be taught lies ???....really ?
Is that how far the corruption goes ? Give me a giant f**ing break.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If I worked at NASA...or any company....and I found out they were teaching my kids lies,...
I'd ride up there and shove their lies straight up their ass.
I only teach my kids the truth.....and encourage them to verify it.

Lying to kids is a mortal sin to me, and if I find out it is happening....I will act.
If you were a father....you might understand this.
edit on 4-1-2013 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The plane on the left seems to have some Photoshopped lines behind it?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeDontKnow
If I worked at NASA...or any company....and I found out they were teaching my kids lies,...
I'd ride up there and shove their lies straight up their ass.
I only teach my kids the truth.....and encourage them to verify it.

Lying to kids is a mortal sin to me, and if I find out it is happening....I will act.
If you were a father....you might understand this.
edit on 4-1-2013 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

And people here need to realize the truth that contrails CAN persist for quite a lengthy time, depending on the plane and atmospheric conditions - this is a fact verified LONG ago. Pay attention to the fact that this does not say anything about whether or not "chemtrails" exist in this world. It only destroys the theory that if a trail persists, it has to be a "chemtrail" instead of a contrail.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join