It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awaken, They Want to Keep You in the Dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The true reality of the world is not what we have been conditioned to believe. While we have mapped the globe and traveled to distant places by all manner of conveyance, most of the world is still veiled. From time to time, the startling nature of our world reveals itself. However, the majority of the population of our world has been conditioned to be unimaginative, not very curious and (through no fault of their own) ignorant of the truth.

The truth is that there are monsters among us, hidden especially in wild areas. There are unexplainable things in the skies, craft that defy dimension and physics as we know it. There are creatures and craft in the depths of the oceans.

While we cannot know exactly when mankind became aware of these things, there are surely a small, vigilant minority of humans who know this truth and have decided to protect us from it. Their primary method is to simply tell us that these aspects of our world do not exist, cannot and must not exist. They have armed the majority of the people of this world with that proverbially blissful quality of ignorance, and perhaps for justifiably good reason.

Imagine how frightened average people would be if they knew what lurked in the woods of Wisconsin (www.nbc15.com...) or our national forests where there have been hundreds of missing people under bizarre and/or highly unusual circumstances (www.unknowncountry.com...). Imagine the panic they might feel when leaving the safety of their homes to conduct mundane business such as working, grocery shopping and attending high school sporting events if they understood that there are monsters all around us, in the skies above (www.fifesymington.com...) and in the ground below jimmyprophet.wordpress.com...). Would knowing that reptilian hominids roamed darks roads at night keep people from undertaking their most important business (www.reptoids.com...)? How would knowing that UFOs are mentioned in religious texts such as The Bible affect their outlook on God, religion and reality (www.bibleufo.com...)? Would beach-goers and fishermen think twice before getting into the water if they knew what might be creeping toward the shore (www.huffingtonpost.com...)?

Without getting into particulars of each subject, suffice it to say that there is enough credible evidence that we are surrounded by high strangeness, and the powers that be (TPTB) have armed us with ignorance, disbelief and ridicule. Those are the mantras the majority of the population of the planet evoke when faced with the truth about the reality of this world.

Ignorance is, in fact, bliss. How would average people be able to enjoy a weekend barbeque or one of the myriad of distractions provided by the grandest institution of wine and circus that is our modern entertainment industry if they were fully aware of everything going on around them? Could they, would they be able to manage the knowledge gained from awakening to the true reality so well hidden by those in charge?

There was an experiment conducted to see exactly how people might react to such news, and the results provided a roadmap to the human psyche (news.nationalgeographic.com...). Suffice it to say that the resultant panic assured TPTB that humans were not ready for such news, and so, they continued to shelter us from the truth.

Now, though, with the internet spreading information far and wide in sites like ATS and radio shows like Coast to Coast AM, people are beginning to wake up in far greater numbers than ever before. Perhaps the timing was intentional, perhaps not. Over the last half century or so, more movies, television programs and written stories concerning the horrific aspects of reality and wonders of science fiction have been created and released than any other time in known history. More information has been discovered and released about the ancient past than ever before, those clues left in perplexing stone creations from prehistory (www.world-mysteries.com...).

Is there truly a concerted effort to keep the truth from the general population? Indications would suggest so. Is the information about the true nature of the world intentionally released to the public? It is hard to say. There are so many examples of well-documented occurrences.

It appears that the U.S. government and other governments around the world have been preparing underground bunkers, bases and cities for a long time, even employing patented nuclear-powered drilling machines (www.anomalies-unlimited.com...) (projectcamelot.org...).

Sometimes it seems TPTB want us to know about certain things, and other times as if they never intend to release the whole truth. Maybe there are several factions with different agendas. In the end, there are still many secrets about our world of which most of us are unaware. However, the truth is slowly leaking from unknown fountains. The torch is growing brighter.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The evolution process for, ALL involves accepting subjective truth. They accept their home is what it is- they recognize their stronger then evaluated & accepted and evolution process moves ahead. SERVICE to OTHERS or what can we do about it "WE" ALL? Now if its to protect endangered species hidden that makes sense just as does it to protect part of the human population from things that may scare them. But then why go an intrigue the conscious with things many are not to seek out...

edit on 1/3/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
The true reality of the world is not what we have been conditioned to believe. While we have mapped the globe and traveled to distant places by all manner of conveyance, most of the world is still veiled. From time to time, the startling nature of our world reveals itself. However, the majority of the population of our world has been conditioned to be unimaginative, not very curious and (through no fault of their own) ignorant of the truth.

Without getting into particulars of each subject, suffice it to say that there is enough credible evidence that we are surrounded by high strangeness, and the powers that be (TPTB) have armed us with ignorance, disbelief and ridicule. Those are the mantras the majority of the population of the planet evoke when faced with the truth about the reality of this world.

Thanks for posting, I think you bring up a valid point, succinctly stated, how many mysteries, scientific advancements, and perhaps other worldly events and/or entities have been discoverd or uncovered, but have been secretly kept from the public masses?

In a recent thread I alluded to an extensive study that NASA commission to the Brookings Institute to 'research' possible outcomes from space exploration, effects on government, theology, and the populace in general. Although no specific recommendations were made via the report, clearly research at the highest levels of government and the scientific community were involved, to 'deep think' the multitude of implications.

Public realization that intelligent beings live on other planets could bring about profound changes, or even the collapse of our civilization, the research report stated Societies sure of their own place have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society," said the NASA report. "Others have survived even though changed. Clearly, the better we can come to understand the factors involved in responding to such crises the better prepared we may be."
Although the research group did not expect any immediate contact with other planet beings, it said that the discovery of intelligent space races "could nevertheless happen at any time."

Source document provided by NICAP

Additionally, as a reference document, the attached link is the actual Brookings Institute's "Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Activities for Human Affairs". This compiles a complete index of the studies proposals and potential implication on worldwide governments, religions, cultures, and the mass populations should certain space findings become known. An excellent document to digest. I can only guess about how many compartmentalized groups have broken up to analyze each of the sections noted, and finally what is or is not being revealed to the public.

"Brookings Institute Final Report 1960

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Thanks for posting, I think you bring up a valid point, succinctly stated, how many mysteries, scientific advancements, and perhaps other worldly events and/or entities have been discoverd or uncovered, but have been secretly kept from the public masses?

In a recent thread I alluded to an extensive study that NASA commission to the Brookings Institute to 'research' possible outcomes from space exploration, effects on government, theology, and the populace in general. Although no specific recommendations were made via the report, clearly research at the highest levels of government and the scientific community were involved, to 'deep think' the multitude of implications.

Public realization that intelligent beings live on other planets could bring about profound changes, or even the collapse of our civilization, the research report stated Societies sure of their own place have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society," said the NASA report. "Others have survived even though changed. Clearly, the better we can come to understand the factors involved in responding to such crises the better prepared we may be."
Although the research group did not expect any immediate contact with other planet beings, it said that the discovery of intelligent space races "could nevertheless happen at any time."

Source document provided by NICAP

Additionally, as a reference document, the attached link is the actual Brookings Institute's "Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Activities for Human Affairs". This compiles a complete index of the studies proposals and potential implication on worldwide governments, religions, cultures, and the mass populations should certain space findings become known. An excellent document to digest. I can only guess about how many compartmentalized groups have broken up to analyze each of the sections noted, and finally what is or is not being revealed to the public.

"Brookings Institute Final Report 1960

Good points! I remember that in the 50s or 60s that the Brookings Institute had conducted a prior study as well, concerning how the people of our country (and the world) might handle news about the discovery of alien life or evidence of ancient alien life that might possibly be discovered on the moon. Their conclusions didn't put much faith in the "average" citizenry of the world, stating that people might lose faith in the institutions that keep our world running such as the economy, religion and government.

Knowledge about the true nature of our world is like a double-edged sword because in one sense, it's liberating and who doesn't want to know the truth? On the other hand, knowing that truth could frighten most people and cause them to just give up or live in fear for the rest of their lives. It's a little bit like Jack Nicholson's part in the movie A FEW GOOD MEN.

Now, take Nicholson's speech. Remove the trappings of the military, the situation. Look at the THEME. He is a man who is doing things to protect the average person so that we don't need to concern ourselves with the nasty details of keeping us safe. I believe that there *may* be people out there who are providing such a service.

The question is: should we want this? Do we need this? Would we better off facing the truth?

CAN WE HANDLE THE TRUTH?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

and (through no fault of their own) ignorant of the truth.

WRONG!!!!!

The 'truth" is out there for anyone who cares to digest it.
The problem is,
There are so many people who truely do NOT want to even be exposed to it much less take on the daunting task of digesting it and then acting upon it.

No one will be held blameless.
We are ALL in this together.
There will be no exuses that you were lied to, or that you didn't know.
If you don't know at this stage of the game, in this age of technology, with all of our modern advancements in communications, it is because you don't WANT to know!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Exactly!! I can only imagine what is truly being hidden from the populace. I don't want to create any more conspiracy theories, but enough has been written about how much of our human existance has been fabricated in history, science books etc. Just now, in the 21st century we getting some crumbs about alternative takes on history. Look what they did to Galileo for accurately pointing out that the Universe did not revolve around the planet earth!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I understand your point, Screwed. .........."If you don't know at this stage of the game, in this age of technology, with all of our modern advancements in communications, it is because you don't WANT to know! "

But would you concede that due to the 'excesses of these communications, technologies, millions of internet links on similar information, that perhaps people just are saturated? There are a lot of conflicting stories out there on any number of stories.........finding the truth does at times take a lot of effort, almost as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack. But I agree, more than any other time in history, information and the truth is out there, still got to look and find it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I am ready to receive more of the truth that was previously hidden from me.

I have been ready for a long time.

The more truth that gets leaked, the better!

I have always been very dissappointed by the conclusions of the Brookings Institute, and their lack of faith in the average citizen of the world.

(S and F.)
edit on 4-1-2013 by QMask because: Just added the (S and F.) bit

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
piqued

read later but.....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The truth is the truth, it should not matter who is ready to hear it or not. It is what it is. and IF truths are being kept from us (and i suspect you are right in that they are) then those hiding those truths have some unanswered questions to answer. We deserve the truth. Those who feel that they are protecting us by keeping things hidden. You are not. You are hindering the progress of humanity. This is unforgivable. May you burn in hell.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I find the sifting process daunting,frustrating,time consuming,and just a plain ol' pain in the Ass!!!!

It is also well worth it.

Sure we are over saturated, and by design I might add.
Everyone has to be accountable.
Everyone makes choices as to what they want to do with their free time.
Everyone makes choices as to what their response is when a co-worker tells them that their is a conspiracy to usher in a new world order.

You can laugh it off, which you are entitled to do
or
You can asak questions and do your own research and come to a well informed conclusion yourself.

If you search for the truth enough, you will find it.

The problem is that the truth is so goddamned disturbing that people find it easier to deal with by just denying it,mocking it, and ridiculing it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've been in to dark forests, the sea and down dark alleys many times, and I've never ran into any monsters.

Perhaps I scared the monsters away?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by ItDepends

Everyone makes choices as to what their response is when a co-worker tells them that their is a conspiracy to usher in a new world order.

You can laugh it off, which you are entitled to do
or
You can asak questions and do your own research and come to a well informed conclusion yourself.

If you search for the truth enough, you will find it.

The problem is that the truth is so goddamned disturbing that people find it easier to deal with by just denying it,mocking it, and ridiculing it.

I agree! The best consumer of information is the well informed. You are right, if REALLY want to find out the truth about anything, you need to invest the time and effort to find it. Also agree with your feeling that a lot of people would rather, simply, deny and/or ridicule a theory, idea, or a story, without taking the time to learn the subject matter or to form an opinion of their own. So much easier to ignore something or make fun of it when you have no clue, Thanks!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
I've been in to dark forests, the sea and down dark alleys many times, and I've never ran into any monsters.

Perhaps I scared the monsters away?

LOL... Perhaps you did, indeed! As far as your ventures into forests, the sea and alleys... Well, this sort of thing is pretty random. I did assert that "monsters" are pretty much everywhere, and that evidence has/is turned up pretty much everywhere. BUT... the fringe, the paranormal, the supernatural are all uncommon events/encounters. I grew up hiking through the forests of Virginia that bordered Fort Lee, and only near the end of my hikes after graduating high school did I have an unusual encounter. All those years of hiking through those same woods, and my friends and I never once encountered a copperhead or any other kind of snake, and we waded through creeks, walked on fallen trees and trudged through swampy areas.

Also, realize that if bigfoot/sasquatch/yeti are real, which evidence is showing us to be the case, I'm sure most of them would avoid humans, the most aggressive and dangerous species on this planet. The ones who might approach humans? I'd run because if they aren't afraid to approach, they might be looking for food.

Another consideration is that most of us have blinders on. There was a Dateline or 20/20 special where an interviewer (white male) was talking to random people. Two people carrying a large board passed between the interviewer and the interviewee(s). During this fleeting 3 seconds or so of visual interference, the original interviewer (white male) ducked and walked away behind the board. He was replaced by different looking people each time, from a woman, black man, older/younger people. Most of the time, the interviewees did not notice, or if they noticed a change, they later said that they thought they'd been mistaken. You see, the end result is that a lot of what our senses send into our brain is re-interpreted by our brains based on "common sense," dismissal, uncertainty, pattern and history. We tend to ignore --by instinct-- certain things, or explain away enigmas.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

and (through no fault of their own) ignorant of the truth.

WRONG!!!!!

The 'truth" is out there for anyone who cares to digest it.
The problem is,
There are so many people who truely do NOT want to even be exposed to it much less take on the daunting task of digesting it and then acting upon it.

No one will be held blameless.
We are ALL in this together.
There will be no exuses that you were lied to, or that you didn't know.
If you don't know at this stage of the game, in this age of technology, with all of our modern advancements in communications, it is because you don't WANT to know!

I do agree that we're all in this together. But, some people legitimately don't know because their lives are the "typical" American life. They grew up in a school system that didn't promote individuality and creativity --or curiosity. They went to prom, got a car, got a job, cheerled or played sports or muddled through. They became adults and enjoyed the trappings of adult life, fell in love, had kids, watched the weekend game, soap operas, reality tv, created FaceBook accounts, had more kids, got another car, kept working...

You see, most of us have been trapped by the mundane life and don't realize that there is more to life than proverbial wine and circus. When not working, I would venture to estimate that MOST of us play video games for hours and hours, watch tv for hours and hours. What little time is left is spent with daily upkeep (cleaning the house, doing lawn work, personal grooming, cooking/eating, etc.). Then, it's sleep and back to work and start all over. Work for the weekend. Watch the game on the weekend, have fun with friends and family or see a movie. Nothing wrong with this life. It can be a happy life. But it's not a very curious life. It's a life spent in blissful ignorance of the tide of strangeness going on around us all. But, then again, which life does a person want? Is there a wrong choice? Sometimes knowing all these "fringe" things or investigating them can lead to frustration and unhappiness for many.

But, back to the point. Most people don't have friends who tell them about the inconsistencies of 9-11 or the latest UFO sighting. Most people look right past books and magazines about unusual topics. In fact, MOST people don't have books in there homes, maybe magazines but not many books, and of those books, how many are non-fiction investigations into things like Nic Tesla's work, ancient astronauts, cryptids or odd disappearances?

The amount of sightings seem to be increasing. This could be because information travels farther and faster, but it might be that there are more and more sightings. If there is an increase in the amount of strangeness facing us, then that could be an indication that something is happening, the "quickening" Art Bell spoke of several years ago.

I imagine that many people just don't want to know. They want to enjoy their familes and their hobbies and live a good, uncomplicated life. I can't blame them for that. And maybe that's why TPTB have continued to hold hostage the complete truth.
edit on 4-1-2013 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The trouble with this view is that this is the age of the internet and many claims can be made without basis. Posting a link to an unverified news source as proof of monsters is a little weak.

Also, if TPTB are controlling the masses and I agree that they certainly do that regarding economics, fear etc through the obvious manipulation of the media, why do some people appear to be immune to that?

top topics

join