It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic: Baby Reaches Out From Womb To Hold Finger Of Doctor Performing C-Section…

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Meh, I don't get it. Just like the other poster said. It's just a reflex. Now if it were a peace sign...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's a great photo!

And yes, babies have a natural instinct to grasp onto things. With my son, I had an ultrasound somewhere around the 27th week. You don't even want to know what he was grasping on to.

The ultrasound techs couldn't stop laughing. At least there was no mistaking he was a boy!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hoax. Just like the past one.
We will find out in the next two days.

And a lot of hospitals don't let pictures during C-sections.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reflexes or not... that is a beautiful picture one those parents, the doc and that little baby will cherish forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

It is called a reflex... Babies can't smile until several weeks after they are born.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They are already at it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Meh, I don't get it. Just like the other poster said. It's just a reflex. Now if it were a peace sign...

I had to look! Here ya go

slickpanda.com...
edit on 3-1-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by muse7

Idk, you'd have to be pretty dumb to confuse killing a fully conscious baby in the womb with killing an inseminated egg. It's a pretty awesome pic, though, but I agree, there's nothing really spiritual about it. It's just rare; I've never seen something like it before.

How is this just a reflex? The only part of the baby protruding from the womb is the arm. The baby cannot see the surgeon?!...

Reflexes don't imply consciousness.

I remember in school learning that the path through the nervous system that reflexes take (the reflex arc) doesn't even really involve the brain. The brain is informed that you've done something like pull your arm away from a flame, but it's not really involved in the decision making process; it just slows things down too much.

You don't need to see something for a reflex to happen (like in the above example).

There are a couple of reflexes that baby's have that they lose later in life. There's a grasping reflex where they grab onto anything that touches their hands. There's the moro reflex where they put their mouth on anything that gets too close. I'm sure there are others, but those are the two I remember

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This is not a pro-anything thread. Let's please refrain from making it one.

It's simply a picture of a little girl getting ready to come into this world.

www.azfamily.com...

The couple was never originally going to show the photo to anyone outside their family and friends.

We didn't think we were going to get such positive feedback. We thought we would get more negative ‘that's disgusting…’” Alicia said. “[Instead] everybody just thought it was the best thing in the world.”

Nevaeh was born in October and has two older siblings, both of whom are enjoying the family's new-found popularity.

Peace

edit on 3-1-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The doctor probably said, go ahead pull my finger, it works every time with kids.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I watched a video interview of the family and they have already been approached by pro-lifers to buy the photo.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a very amazing and profoundly touching photo.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Neat picture, but there is nothing supernatural or spiritual about this whatsoever.

Anyone here that has ever held a baby in their arms knows that this is nothing more than just a reflex. I have a deep feeling that this picture will be used by the "pro-life" hypocrites that want to force women to give birth no matter the circumstances under which the fetus was conceived.

I have held a baby in my arms, two in fact, two of my own, and I can tell you this, don't speak for me, I sense more than just a "reflex"

But you carry on with your political rant there and hijack it,pathetic

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Even though it was expressed.... you all turned this into a "does consciencesness begin at conception or birth?" discussion.

I honestly think this was hoaxed as the doctor probably placed his finger in the childs palm and received a "babe-shake"

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by muse7

Idk, you'd have to be pretty dumb to confuse killing a fully conscious baby in the womb with killing an inseminated egg.

The only difference between that baby and the fertilized egg is time, water and nutrients.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
'Something almost spiritual' ?

Gimme a break! Hate me for this, i just have to let you know: that s a reflex.
Every little kid grabs onto everything which comes into their palms.

Its like hardwired, since ages.
Primitive Reflexes

Hell, show me a baby that starts to walk on the first day (as most animals do), then i will be impressed.

edit on 2-1-2013 by svetlana84 because: Added link, so people can learn...

Way to be a Debbie downer. Why can't people simply enjoy a moment that most will never see in person for a few minutes without someone bringing everyone down? It is like people who get ticked when they are told "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" or vice versa. Just be happy someone is trying to share something positive.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leelo

I couldnt agree more.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I have a deep feeling that this picture will be used by the "pro-life" hypocrites that want to force women to give birth no matter the circumstances under which the fetus was conceived.

Well it is nice to know that I can use this pic in an abortion thread without having to worry about it being removed.

Just out of curiosity, how many times have you hit your alert button?

Great pic OP

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by abecedarian
Captions...

1) "OMG! I just pulled his finger. [puts other hand over nose]"
2) "C'mon in doc. It's warmer here!"
3) "What!?! A finger?!? I want a real gun!"
4) "Now, run around the room! It'll be funny watching mom rolling around on the gurney!"

Nose? Gun? Gurney?

Why go there?

1- baby pulled the doctor's finger and the doctor farted.
2- a bit of humor
3- baby born free with the right to own a gun and all there is, is a finger
4- more humor

I've half a mind to say lighten up, but with my luck you have dark skin and will take offense to that just because you can. But, the fact I have to explain myself and justify my comments speaks more about you than it does about me.

It is sad when society and politically correct thoughts result in people unable to appreciate humor.

Interacting with PC people makes me weep and long for times when people could be honest.

edit on 1/3/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by W0mbat
Yeah its cute..... it happens all the damn time though... you people act like this child just parted the red sea. Get a grip on reality.

I stopped reading at 'get a grip on reality'.

I never said this was magical, a miracle, spiritual or some form of magic.. I just thought that this picture was touching. A reminder of the more important things in life. For instance more important than sitting at your keyboard and acting hard.

(that was directed at you)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join