It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Moment With a Stranger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm posting the thread in this forum, because I'm not too sure where else to post it...

---

I was with my cousin and 2 other friends about an hour ago. Bearing in mind it's past 11pm at night, a guy comes up to the car on the passenger side and asks my friend, "Can I borrow your lighter please?

So my friend passes him the lighter, but as he takes it he says, "I just need to do something..."

He lit up each palm with the lighter a few times in front of us, passed it back and walked away from the car then started to run?

It probably doesn't mean anything (and I do feel silly for posting this)...But I found the whole situation odd, as people don't normally walk up to a car full of guys at night, unless they're asking for directions or need to light a cig.

I've tried Googling different variations of "lighting palms", or "burning both palms" but have not come up with anything...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Chalk it up to the nut factor and let it go. The world is full of weirdos.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm hoping someone has some sort of clue as to what he did and why?

The man was not a homeless person roaming the streets, or a drug-abuser (he spoke coherently and was well-dressed).

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
When you say palms do you mean his hands?

It wasnt dynamo was it

He does a melting glass trick with his hands which is quite cool, but its just an illusion

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Don't know where exactly you live, but it is winter.

That being said, I don't think its very relative because the heat is so minimal but curious situation nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sorry about the confusion bro, just checking to see if my mutant powers were still working(they were).

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

He lit up each palm with the lighter a few times in front of us, passed it back and walked away from the car then started to run?

So...what he did was hold the lighter in front of each palm so he could see them; or did he put the actual flame of the lighter on to the actual skin of each palm?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthHurtsDenialKills

That being said, I don't think its very relative because the heat is so minimal but curious situation nonetheless.

perhaps the guy was just cold and he warmed up his hands and ran away to try and stay warm.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Could be some crazy new street magician you might be on TV bro!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
NSA agent, you have been warned...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The flame of the lighter went on the actual skin of each palm, which he did a few times.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'd say he was just warming his hands..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by misse2miss

Originally posted by TruthHurtsDenialKills

perhaps the guy was just cold and he warmed up his hands and ran away to try and stay warm.

Maybe, but that's what pockets are for...The running just tripped us all out.

It was like he wanted to burn something off his palms? But it also felt like he purposely wanted to get all of our attention, since he said, "I just need to do something" then put his hands up by the window.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
We used to put rubbing alcohol or lighter fluid on our hands and set em afire. It only burns the fluid for a little bit. a nice effect. Now if he smelled like gasoline, I may be more concerned. He could have just been trying to be novel and warm his hands up at the same time.
edit on 2-1-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I'm thinking it was an "conceptual art piece"

His friend was hidden with her dslr and Long lens videoing your responses. Art/film students do this type of thing frequently; post it on youtube for their friends, co students and prof. to admire.

edit on 2-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My guess: he was helping his friends with harvesting hemp plants.

On the way out he realized, that he still has sticky residue on his hands, so to get it off he ask for a lighter from those guys sitting suspicously in their car.

With the heat of the flame he rubs off the green and takes off.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

The flame of the lighter went on the actual skin of each palm, which he did a few times.

Ok...so when he held the lighter to the actual skin of each hand; what was his reaction? Did his body language or face show any signs of pain at all?

I think this man is most likely cray-cray; and what he did at that moment made sense to him in the world he lives in; in his mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Checking that he still had the girls / guys phone number which he had procured at a party earlier that evening, scribbled on the palm of his hand?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

LOL it's funny you say that, since that was my cousin's first impression too...

No change in facial expressions from what I could see, but then again my eyes were fixed on his palms...

In all likeliness, he probably wasn't completely mentally stable...So it's unlikely that he was casting some voodoo spell on us?
edit on 2-1-2013 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Were there any actual flames on his hands. Other than the flame from the lighter....

Des

<<   2 >>

join