It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Moment With a Stranger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
...He lit up each palm with the lighter a few times in front of us, passed it back and walked away from the car then started to run?

What color were the flames?
How long did the flames last?
What kind of lighter (was it like a Bic or Zippo)?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Could have been using some kind of drugs/w chemicals....and burning off the chems left on his hand...probably a lot quicker than washing....(also removes the evidence)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Perhaps attempting to alter his palm prints.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sounds like you just had a run in with Johnny Storm AKA The Human Torch. Everyone knows that if it's wet or below freezing he has a tough time relighting himself. He had to light his hands up for a moment to get the fire energy reflowing through his veins.

FLAME ON!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Almost certainly a 'street magic' trick. The use of rubbing alcohols and other flammable agents is a very common ploy for many of the magic fireball sort of tricks.

So when you're trying it out, first you do it in the privacy of your own home. Once you've figured out how to not burn yourself and make a flame regularly, you're not ready to do a trick yet. Probably, this guy was at that stage, and wanted to see how it would affect other people...but he's not yet anywhere near the polished magic trick stage.

Check out Youtube - it can be pretty impressive when well done.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just a guess, but does heat remove gunshot residue maybe?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

If true, this sounds like he might've done it for the pure WTF-shock value of it all. Some people are born just to blow the minds of others.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Kids used to do this all the time for the 'freak' factor.

I've done it myself using lighter fluid - at the prompting of a teen of course.
I squirt some on my PALMS and lit it. There was like a 5 sec grace period before it even felt hot and evaporates or is burned off before it hurts.

It's freaky fun.

NO - I’m not telling you to try it.

Just saying I’ve done it and as long as it’s on your palms and does not come into contact with hair or clothing - you’re golden - no pun intended.

I actually really enjoy these ‘freaky moments in time’ - meaning encounters with the strange and unusual! (As long as no ones hurt of course).

Instances like these spark the imagination.
It gets people thinking.
And wondering.
Sweet moments of magic in life.
Right on.

edit on 5-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To everybody saying it was some sort of party fire-trick that you do with your hands...I know that trick already and he wasn't trying to do that, but it's probably my fault for not explaining it properly.

No fire-balls in his palms were created...He simply lit up a normal plastic lighter and ran it across one palm several times, then the other.

My assumption is what a few others have posted on here...He must have been burning off some sort of residue.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
To everybody saying it was some sort of party fire-trick that you do with your hands...I know that trick already and he wasn't trying to do that, but it's probably my fault for not explaining it properly.

No fire-balls in his palms were created...He simply lit up a normal plastic lighter and ran it across one palm several times, then the other.

My assumption is what a few others have posted on here...He must have been burning off some sort of residue.

Really?

It makes more sense that he was hoping to get himself his very own thread on ATS before I believe he was trying to get some residue off his palms and let you watch it. You have a very overactive mind there.
If that really were the case, why the hurry? The cops after him? Do you suppose he just off'd somebody?
Why would he let YOU see this and his FACE too? So you can help identify him?

I am 99.99% sure that is not what happened. If...this even happened at all. But for argument sake, we will assume it did.

The freak-out element makes the most sense. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar unless you're Clinton that is.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The person you met that day was actually from a planet about 10.1 light years from earth. The name of the planet is Gondik. That is their usual method of greeting others. We shake hands, they ask for a lighter to light their palms. No biggee but you probably offended him by not running after him, that is the second part of the custom.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

The above is the reaction in the room here, as I read this to all. Wow.....that's a weird one alright!

When you say "light up his palms", do you man holding the lighter under them? Like someone would to see if they could take the heat or something?

Only thing I can think is it was a dare, someone with cold hands, or some total nut.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrobee
The person you met that day was actually from a planet about 10.1 light years from earth. The name of the planet is Gondik. That is their usual method of greeting others. We shake hands, they ask for a lighter to light their palms. No biggee but you probably offended him by not running after him, that is the second part of the custom.

Just a note to the OP, did not mean to mock what happened to you, I do believe this really happened to you. The point of my post was sarcasm meant for those who see conspiracy in everything, not the fact some dude walked up to you and put a ligther under his palms. Sorry if this came accross as rude.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My reply is not really needed, because there have been so many good ponderings about this (I wish I could get this kind of friendly brainstorming as a response to my posts, etc..)

But for what it's worth, I think it could be possible that the guy wanted to perform some sort of neat trick for you, but then failed to perform it correctly. When nothing happened, he became embarrassed, and wanted to quickly flee the scene, hence the running.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He was looking to burn up the appearance of his lifeline......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join