It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO flimed in Eastern Aus ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I dont usually post in the UFO forum, because most of the time its hit or miss and no one really knows.

Here's something on the aussie media this morning.

Video

www.news.com.au...

Not sure yet, but i imagine it wouldnt be hard to rig up 2 lanterns with a string connecting them so they remain the same distance away?

thoughts?

edit on 2-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Looks a lot like two Chinese lanterns but good find

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

"This was a couple of months ago. I used to be the world's biggest sceptic about this stuff, but I'll tell you what, this really rattled me and my son,'' he told The Townsville Bulletin

A couple of months ago?

No date or time?

With a date and time, we could verify that this wasn't a rotary wing, commercial or military aircraft.

Without a date and time it is just a picture of lights.

edit on 2/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"At first I thought it was Helecopters, but as there was no noise.... ALIENS."

Interesting footage, maybe I'm broken these days from all of them, but I really want one to do something else.

If ufo's are this and this alone, they may as well be moths.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
chinease lanterns , chinease lanterns , chinease bla bla bla , its all evryone can say when they see lights in the sky ! the only thing in the sky thats a chinease lantern is ...... a chinease lantern ! most of the ufo sightings could be lanterns or natural phenomena , but what about THE ORANGE ORBS flying round , dissapearing and re apearing as they please , because they are something else, they are in their own league .
lanterns cant choose where they fly , mostly driven by wind and the updraft created with the flame inside , they cannot fly up down and a round , as they feel and at great speeds !
Whatever these orbs are they EINT NO lanterns ! 110% !
they seem to be poping up all over the world guess we will find out sooner or later !
i have experianced these orbs , and their presence is breath taking ....
So love those lanterns while you still can skeptics , because the truth wont stay hidden forever !

great find OP , thanks you for keeping us updated on things down under

Rascal
edit on 2-1-2013 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RascalTruthSeeker

Do these "orbs" move up and down? Disappear and reappear?

No.

So your strawman argument is no good for this video I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

fair point ! these dont , but others do

not arguing with anyone , just saying people jump on the lantern wagon way to quickly these days and dont take the time to take a proper look , didnt mean 2 kick up dust , was only speaking my mind

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RascalTruthSeeker

In this case, the likeliness of these being lanterns is high.

Could even be a hint of flickering too, but I can't be sure of that.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

i think you mite be right , if you look at the light to the right hand side , seems to be a light originating from the bottom of the object and a silouet ( sorry for the bad spelling :/ ) of something darker above ...
heres a link to a sighting earlier in the year from the same area ,
they look nothing alike , the ones in the link are more like what ive seen in the sky

www.allvoices.com...

Sorry cant link up properly , ps3 wont let me

edit on 2-1-2013 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There's been around 150.000 official UFO sightings over the last 60 years ( source ) but it is estimated to be in the millions. I say 149.999 are FAKE or MAN MADE ( lets say unofficially, 1.999.999 are fake out of 2.000.000). What about that 1, does it not validate all the alien UFO phenomenon? I cannot believe all of those are fake, some have been backed up by military personnel.

So, i am not discounting anything. A fake/hoax claim needs as good a confirmation/facts as a valid one. Nothing is certain until either proof or disproof is presented beyond ANY doubt. We can debate all we want, we can externalize all our feelings but without proof for either side, it is unsolved and a mystery.

Andro
edit on 3/1/2013 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius

What about that 1, does it not validate all the alien UFO phenomenon?

Quite simply ..no it does not. It just means that it hasnt been fully identified. This could be because there was not enough data to examine at the time , pics were not good enough or there just was not enough solid information to tell what the UFO was. This does not validate a leap in faith to say that visiting aliens are real.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm not going to say lanterns because they are moving pretty bloody perfectly together.
and as we all know nothing made in china is reliable so why would they start with lanterns being the same weight and size etc...

Not sure what it is but im almost certain its something common.

Thanks for the post though, love seeing what is going on in my backyard =D.

Aarc.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Looks like lanterns to me

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMasterMinder
reply to post by Andromerius

What about that 1, does it not validate all the alien UFO phenomenon?

Quite simply ..no it does not. It just means that it hasnt been fully identified. This could be because there was not enough data to examine at the time , pics were not good enough or there just was not enough solid information to tell what the UFO was. This does not validate a leap in faith to say that visiting aliens are real.

I am sorry i did not make it clear, so you were induced into misinterpreting my post. Let me clarify. What i meant was: Let's say we had 2000000 sightings over all those years, and 1999999 were fake but one was the real deal. That would validate it all.
Still, it is almost impossible to believe that 2.000.000 sightings, some with multiple people, meaning, way more then 2.000.000 people were wrong. It is a possibility, but what are the mathematical odds of all those people being wrong?

Cheers,

Andro

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
They look like lanterns , they behave like lanterns and the description given sounds like lanterns ...

``There were two large orange lights. There was no beam and no noise. It was absolutely silent and they were moving slowly across the sky towards the north-west
UFO? Strange lights in Cardwell

I'd say they are lanterns .

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Is this the Cardwell sighting?

It was on the local news tonight

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm also leaning towards lanterns. I too noticed a little bit of flickering at the beginning of the video. They do seem to move pretty smoothly together, though this could be just the distance from the camera.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What did UFO sceptics claim all objects to be prior to the popularity of chinese lanterns I wonder?

Don't know about anywhere else in the world but its only this past couple of years that they've been seen around the UK to my knowledge. Don't recall even hearing of them prior to then so what was the explanation of lights in the sky before lanterns?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

What did UFO sceptics claim all objects to be prior to the popularity of chinese lanterns I wonder?

Nobody is claiming ALL UFOs are lanterns just the ones that are lanterns need to be called as lanterns .
If you have information to cast doubt on that explanation the kindly share it , if not you're discounting the most likely explanation for no reason other than it doesn't fit your belief .

Being skeptical of orange orb UFOs (lanterns) doesn't equal skepticism of all UFOs .

Don't know about anywhere else in the world but its only this past couple of years that they've been seen around the UK to my knowledge.

I saw a "fleet" of about 20 lanterns in 05 here in the West Mids so they have been around a while .... and yes I did think we were being invaded

edit on 3-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

But these orbs appear to have been around for much longer than the chinese lantern explanation so what other explanation has there been of these alleged orbs?

I recall back in the 70's when I lived in Africa my brother and I saw 2 of these orbs far larger than the video but we were told they were meteors. Of course now I know they weren't moving correctly for such a phenomenon

I'm not discounting chinese lanterns per se but there must have been other explanations prior and I accept that since these little items have become popular it would be easy to mistake them for something else, but it does seem that anything in the sky orange and floaty is automatically assumed to be a lantern

top topics

<<   2 >>

join