It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8ft tall praying mantis alien declared REAL by Experts!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The fact it looks anything like a man should be a clear indication of something........

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It definitely looks fabricated.
And, I definitely need to find me a Taiwanese wife! for sure. I watched the video just because of the news broadcaster

edit on 3-1-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've seen better costumes at comic con...

The fact that the photo is so far away is kinda proof of how bad the costume really is...

The crappier the mock up, physical (costume) or cgi the blurrier, further away and more out of focus it is [[[these are standard strategies used by hoaxers since the early use of the camera]]].

Would like to hear a translation though... google translate says this about the title...

"Aliens Jiaming Lake is now a trace? Avatar mantis hand webbed"

"Transit news "Taiwan alien trace it? Domestic ufology published photographs of a public Jiaming Lake in Taitung, the original mountain scenery actually had a body type similar to human unidentified object, first minister like insects hand there are webbed, and after repeatedly identified photo has not been modify or false, so learn to a high degree of suspicion, this may be the aliens."

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
How reliable is that Chinese news source? '
This must be their comedy channel, because this is hilariously bad.

This hoax might need a bigger bin...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

I say it's a man, with a hat carrying something with both hands. The legs look 'strange' (Especially the leg to the right of the pic) because he is getting up from a crouching position and starting to walk forward.
Get out your chair and try it
I did, and I didn't feel stupid at all

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hmmm...
even though I think it's a hoax, who's proved it's a hoax?
Why is it in the hoax bin without an explanation?
For some, like me, we don't need an explanation, but others do and it's only natural and professional that an explanation be given as to why it's in the hoax bin.
Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

Originally posted by stupid girl
Hard to tell since their news video is just video of a snapshot.
Plus, I don't speak Taiwanese so I have no idea what they are alleging in regard to the analyzation of the picture. Yes, I know analyzation is technically not a word, but it is today.

I think it looks like a gangly Princess Leia myself.

"Analysis"

You're awesome.

I'm a self-admitted grammar Nazi that was not fully awake when I posted that reply.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
I tried to enhance the picture details with contrast and negative colours..
Still don't give me a idea of what it is except a interesting unknown

QUICK! Grab your tin foil hats!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ironic that this this site's motto is 'Deny Ignorance', yet the moderators are some of the biggest culprits of that very statement!

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

edit on 3-1-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Praying Mantis?!
Do they know what Praying Mantis actually look like?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

Hard to tell since their news video is just video of a snapshot.
Plus, I don't speak Taiwanese so I have no idea what they are alleging in regard to the analyzation of the picture. Yes, I know analyzation is technically not a word, but it is today.

I think it looks like a gangly Princess Leia myself.

"Analysis"

You're awesome.

I'm a self-admitted grammar Nazi that was not fully awake when I posted that reply.

Oh, no no no, wasn't trying to correct you, i felt you were struggling to find the word and i provided it to you. My apologies if it came through as something else.

Cheers,

Andro

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius

Not at all.
Your reply was much appreciated

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think these "experts" wanted to make sure everyone knew that they had indeed looked at a genuine photograph. Of what? That's not the issue...Look at that picture, it was actually taken with a camera.

It all makes sense now!

Seriously though, looks like a slow news day mixed with over active imaginations and a lack of any sufficient evidence of...well...anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

There are many comments stating that this is a fake. An axiom of science is that one "cannot prove a negative." In other words, you cannot successfully prove that anything (UFOs, bigfoot, zambulies) does not exist. There will always be a possibilit that something can exist. Just before the Wright brothers conducted their first heavier-than-air flight, scientists wrote papers about how such flight was *impossible.*

Whether or not this photo seems "fake" does not discount the fact that it is *possibly* real. For the nay-sayers, --do you actually KNOW exactly what and how a transparent being would appear? Such beings might have extra-dimensional qualities that affect our interpretation of the optics surrounding it. There might be visual anomalies and conditions that distort light waves and our reception of them. If this is truly a transparent being, or some other kind of visually distorted being, how can we assume to know exactly how it should appear?

Concerning only having ONE photo and not more. There are dozens of reasons for this. I know that right now if I saw a UFO or alien right in my driveway I couldn't take a photo with my only camera (my iPhone) because I have no more memory available. I have over 1,500 photos on it and must delete several photos at this point just to take a single photo. Imagine the HORROR of the situation should something remarkable happen right in front of you. And that's just one reason for a single photo. What if the transparent being quickly faded from the visual spectrum? What if it simply vanished. What if it teleported to another dimension? What if the particular atmospheric qualities that revealed it in the first place reverted to "normal" and it could no longer be seen? There are so many reasons why only a single photo was released or possible.

You see, WE DON'T KNOW IT ALL. If we did, then sites like ATS and programs like Coast to Coast AM would not exist. To suggest this is a fake based on the image not meeting expectations is careless and too quick to judgment. The visual reality of something truly bizarre is probably a lot less "sexy" and dazzling as Hollywood has conditioned us to expect. A transparent being might very well look like a cardboard cutout walking across a field. Maybe something happened and this fellow was lost or injured or trapped or mis-teleported. We don't know it all.

That being said, I don't have an opinion one way or the other on the authenticity of this image. I state that it is **possibly** authentic. Which also means that it is **possibly** a hoax. But, for this to be put into the hoax bin is premature and arrogant.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Sid from Ice Age stole a cloak of invisibility from the military. Its obvious.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
LOL!
Love the Ice Age pics.

But really, there are lots of different races that are bipedal (standing on two legs) but who also have this totally science fiction looking MANTID body.

One time I tangled with them in the astral planes (I'm a very lucid dreamer and very conscious of what's actually happening when I'm out of body; we're all out of body for a portion of our sleep time each night, and most people are clueless about where they go, who accesses them and so on; I'm fully conscious) ......I was trying to be friendly, but even the mantid races who are on the "slightly nicer" spectrum of things, spiritually speaking, can be pretty combative and aggressive. They literally said to me, "Why should we talk to you? You're an inferior race because you have no CARAPACE!"

On a conscious level I didn't even known what a carapace was! But in this out of body encounter they poked at my chest (which, you know, since I'm a girl is rather SOFT AND MUSHY!
And then they tapped on THEIR OWN very hard carapace/chest area. To show me the difference.

And yeah, when I woke up and looked it up, I saw that the carapace is of course that hard outer coating the mantid species have over their bodies, basically their "trunk" (what would be the chest and the abdomen on humans.)

There was also one mantid race years ago who appeared to me in my bedroom and did some healing work on me; they radiated extreme love and altruistic energy and looked, well, like mantids walking on two legs! (The mantid species are very interesting, if you're into entomology. Look up some pics online and you'll see it's a very interesting life form.)

But unfortunately later on I saw very negatively oriented mantids working with some of the "usual suspects," those negatively oriented Nordics, grays, and reptilians. So in my (somewhat expert, since I've had numerous encounters with them) opinion, I'd have to advise steering clear of the mantid races as a whole at this point.

PS: I have to wonder what the insulting posters "get" out of calling people who post about their experiences names. ("Stupid," "crazy," "off your meds," etc.) It seems like a really bizarre, perhaps purposeful, attempt to shut down authentic discussion from people who actually have some real experiences and insight to offer on the subject being discussed. Is this a hazing process that all relatively new posters go through? How immensely evolved and enlightened.
I thought I left junior high years ago! Or are you on the payroll of various government subcontracting groups?
Because I know for a fact they have a HUGE budget for "trolling" and observation of forums like these; they try to get anybody who has genuine information and experience they'd like to talk about to shut down or get afraid of sharing real information.

So I'm just wondering; do you get an orgasm or something, does it give you a cheap thrill, to insult people's sanity and intelligence when they are posting about "alternative" type experiences? Or does it just put nice income in your bank account each month?
Inquiring minds want to know. You're not going to shut ALL of us up. 27 years into being a blabbermouth about all the "weird" stuff people don't want to confront, deal with, or believe in has made me immune to such craaappp. But thank you for playing!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Lol!! Sid's pics comparison made me giggle, I've knew I've seen it somewhere!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

These pics look more convencing than the originals lol.

Agreed, top pic looks like an amazing job at finding something clearer if there was anything there. But this has been declared hoax, right? Not sure how yet but will probably check back later. If anyone can link to the post that confirmed the hoax though, thanks.

BTW : love the thread title! One of my all time ATS faves I think.

edit on 6-2-2013 by robhines because: added

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

There are many comments stating that this is a fake. An axiom of science is that one "cannot prove a negative." In other words, you cannot successfully prove that anything (UFOs, bigfoot, zambulies) does not exist. There will always be a possibilit that something can exist. Just before the Wright brothers conducted their first heavier-than-air flight, scientists wrote papers about how such flight was *impossible.*

Whether or not this photo seems "fake" does not discount the fact that it is *possibly* real. For the nay-sayers, --do you actually KNOW exactly what and how a transparent being would appear? Such beings might have extra-dimensional qualities that affect our interpretation of the optics surrounding it. There might be visual anomalies and conditions that distort light waves and our reception of them. If this is truly a transparent being, or some other kind of visually distorted being, how can we assume to know exactly how it should appear?

Concerning only having ONE photo and not more. There are dozens of reasons for this. I know that right now if I saw a UFO or alien right in my driveway I couldn't take a photo with my only camera (my iPhone) because I have no more memory available. I have over 1,500 photos on it and must delete several photos at this point just to take a single photo. Imagine the HORROR of the situation should something remarkable happen right in front of you. And that's just one reason for a single photo. What if the transparent being quickly faded from the visual spectrum? What if it simply vanished. What if it teleported to another dimension? What if the particular atmospheric qualities that revealed it in the first place reverted to "normal" and it could no longer be seen? There are so many reasons why only a single photo was released or possible.

You see, WE DON'T KNOW IT ALL. If we did, then sites like ATS and programs like Coast to Coast AM would not exist. To suggest this is a fake based on the image not meeting expectations is careless and too quick to judgment. The visual reality of something truly bizarre is probably a lot less "sexy" and dazzling as Hollywood has conditioned us to expect. A transparent being might very well look like a cardboard cutout walking across a field. Maybe something happened and this fellow was lost or injured or trapped or mis-teleported. We don't know it all.

That being said, I don't have an opinion one way or the other on the authenticity of this image. I state that it is **possibly** authentic. Which also means that it is **possibly** a hoax. But, for this to be put into the hoax bin is premature and arrogant.

Hmmm, so it's not proven hoax then.

Think I've seen this happen before, but I guess now that it's here it's not going to get brought back out.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is a bit clearer, simply inverted colours in photoshop :

If this is fake, my guess is that this is an actual image of an alien from some sci-fi show. If we had enough sci-fi fans around we'd probably find a match. If not, well, it's strange, because inverting makes this look a lot more like an Alien. I'm not saying it is, obviously, just wondering why they'd make it look more fake if it was a hoax, instead of simply releasing footage of it like this.
edit on 6-2-2013 by robhines because: typo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join