It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cowardice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My first reaction to hearing that President Obama capitulated to republicans over the 'fiscal cliff' situation was one of disappointment in his continuing cowardice in the face of opposition.

I was then reading and replying to the thread on Ms. Rodham-Clinton's medical issue and realized that I was being: 1) sexist, 2) narrow-minded and 3) self-righeous.

I don't know the pressure President Obama was under (how can any of us) from, not only republicans, but bankers and other hidden sources of influences. I don't know the threats that were made against him, his family, his country, his people - let alone the entire globe.

I want the answers to be simple - they rarely are.
I want to think I understand what is going on - I don't.
I want to believe that I would have the courage of my convictions no matter what - I honestly don't know if I'd put my child at any risk for what is right.

There was a thread here on ATS about how President Obama has aged so quickly during his term in office. It's because he truly cares (as best he can), he's smart enough to know that even he doesn't know the whole story and he wants things to be better.

I'd rather that, then a President (you pick) who looks and acts the same before taking office and afterward because he just didn't care and left the decisions to others.

I truly believe that anyone who would want the Presidency is not qualified for it. In fact, in my utopia, political executives will be elected from a pool of qualified people (probabaly selected by a computer - with open souce code) and cannot decline the term of service. We should all spend a period of service to our communities, states, country and world. Leadership (Servant Leadership) should be rotated and madatory for all that are able - not just those who want to acquire power and wealth at the expense of others.

I want President Obama to be my champion and yours, I want him to stand up to TPTB and he is just not doing what I want - but I have to admire the man for trying, being vilified, trying again and surviving.

Happy New Year
edit on 1-1-2013 by FyreByrd because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

As per our other elected officials, Mr. Obama has sold his soul to the darkside......

Somehow I may consider myself inhuman for thinking this way, but he and the rest of our elected officials have chosen their path, and for that, I feel not one bit of sympathy for what they have done to our country........

If hell exists, I certainly hope they rot in it!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

As per our other elected officials, Mr. Obama has sold his soul to the darkside......

Somehow I may consider myself inhuman for thinking this way, but he and the rest of our elected officials have chosen their path, and for that, I feel not one bit of sympathy for what they have done to our country........

If hell exists, I certainly hope they rot in it!!!

Could you do any better? Really? Then please, run for office.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Dude, Obama IS part of TPTB. Bankrolled by Soros and backed by the establishment media.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Could you do any better? Really? Then please, run for office.

If you posted this looking for sympathy for your savior, you will not get any from me!

I feel the same way about Bush as well, so please don't feel hurt that I dislike your guy. Okay? Feel better now?

As far as could I do better? Yes I could! Unfortunately, I wasn't born into a wealthy family, nor does my family have CIA ties. Also, it seems that Americans who get elected as President and buck the system have a bad habit of ending up dead!!! Try studying JFK.......

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Dude, Obama IS part of TPTB. Bankrolled by Soros and backed by the establishment media.

Really - I think he is a tool of TPTB not a part of them. I tend to think that most politicians are want-a-be TOTB and never achieve that goal. They are at best 'the public face' of TPTB.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Really - I think he is a tool of TPTB not a part of them. I tend to think that most politicians are want-a-be TOTB and never achieve that goal. They are at best 'the public face' of TPTB.

I could give you that. They want to be part of the club, so they do what they are told to do in hopes that they someday get to be in the club or at least get well rewarded for a job well done.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The whole savior and messiah bit was played out over four years ago.

The whole venom against the President has become so bad that is it turning into a mental disease. Repubs cry about first amendment rights except if you say anything about liking Obama, then you and Obama get called names like a bunch of third graders.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The whole venom against the President has become so bad that is it turning into a mental disease. Repubs cry about first amendment rights except if you say anything about liking Obama, then you and Obama get called names like a bunch of third graders.

Well, I guess I can agree with you somewhat, but what I find amusing as to how a lot of the things Mr. Obama is doing are the same x10 as what Bush did....................

Now wait for it..............................................

Here is the punchline! Why did the progressives bash the hell out of Bush, and yet crawl out of the woodwork to defend our current POTUS for doing the same damn thing????

Two things come to mind!

Team mentality or lack of mentality.........????

Or pure hypocrits????

Take your pick!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by seeker1963

Meh, it's just the flip-side of 8 years of "Bushhitler." Some people get a bit passionate, both in blind adoration of the messiah and personal dislike for the bastard.
(Before you go high and to the right, I was just teasing.)

top topics

join