It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea floor next to Australia's Great Barrier Reef 'close to collapse'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A cubic kilometer of slab? That is going to be a small tsunami.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CONEDESTROYA

That should finnish of the protected reef for good then .
Those toxic chemicals from the CSG mining operations , leeching into the ocean from the underground lava tubes should totally kill it . I guess thats what they mean by protection of the reef into the Coral Sea .
Basically you have to read everything they say as double speak . Say one thing to mean another .

Previous poster gave link to Austraia declaring the huge protection zone just in time for the Brazil Earth summit in 2012

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
reply to post by happykat39

I thought coral reefs thrive in warm water. Thats why they're there in Australia. A slight rise in temp will make not one bit of difference to them.

I was under the impression that coral reefs were very sensitive to temperature changes. The logic just doesn't make sense either. Just because they thrive in warm water, it doesn't mean there isn't a sensitive upper threshold.

I addressed that issue, with a link included, in THIS REPLY.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Maybe I'm just thinking in simple terms here and I understand the enormous nature of the undertaking but....Why don't they simply destroy this in pieces?

Do it slowly, you will trigger the collapse. Blow it up fast enough so nothing collapses will also trigger a tsunami from the energy of the explosives used (Tsunami Bomb)

There's really nothing you can do until the "tractor beam" is invented.
edit on 3-1-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join