It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Has Stopped Approving The Transfer Of Any Guns In NJ !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am looking for confirmation of this. So far I can find only one source. Can anybody in New Jersey verify this?

Linky

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, in New Jersey is currently not approving any firearm transfers. Seeing as New Jersey law requires anyone seeking to purchase a firearm from a dealer with a Federal Firearms License to pass a background check, it is currently impossible to purchase a gun in New Jersey from a gun shop. With the background check system unreachable, no one can transfer a handgun, PERIOD.

I am scouring the net after first seeing this on twitter. The above is the only link I can find. Is this the beginning of obama's promise to “put his full weight behind” the effort to pass the Draconian gun registration and confiscation?
edit on 31-12-2012 by elevatedone because: removed all caps

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just doing a little research on some of the gun forums I see that this isn't a new issue. I guess this happens all the time in New Jersey and some other states as well. They are claiming that the call centers are being overwhelmed.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Can you post the links you have found?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

That could be.... I was reading about Colorado the other day in terms of the backlogging and just overwhelming slam for demand happening and they were saying they had to move people from various sections into their NICS check just to keep up. They literally couldn't tell the reporter how many they were processing and promised a count after the end of the month.

The prices I've seen on classified sites which service this region for the most part are absolutely insane! AR-15 magazines that were 10-15 dollars before CT are now $35-$40 and thats buying more than one in a bundle.
Actual AR-15 Rifles that were at the gun show last year for $500 a pop on DPMS/Olympics are $1,600 on those sites right now. I believe it on being totally overwhelmed. People here are saying it's like nothing they've seen before and FAR beyond the public buying craze of 08/09.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by SpaDe_

Can you post the links you have found?

Sure thing!

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Hope this helps!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If true, this seems like it would be a litmus test to impliment gun control, and the NJ governor is an obvious shill for the banksters, chris christie. After public outrage they will probably return to normal, but it shows they have the power to infringe on the second amendment.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

This is a fine example why the government should not be in the vetting the people business. All they have to do is hand an "out of order" sign on the machine and behold!....... Your rights are on hold.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes demand and fear are driving prices to outrageous new highs. I have witnessed the same things you are talking about. For example I recently witnessed a Beta C drum for an AR 15 sell for $1000! That is almost quadruple the normal retail price.

I had a friend sit at a shop recently and have to wait for 2 hours before they shop owner could get through on the NICS check line. That tells me that people are getting anything that they can get their hands on because most of the tactical style weapons have been sold out for a week or so.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Most of the pundits say people "overwhelmingly support" gun restrictions.

Background checks being flooded show just how hard it is to obtain a gun these days.

They can lie all they want.
edit on 31-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So that is the plan. Start with shutting down the only regulative tool they have at present to slow down the ability for new purchases. Next, implication of new regulation. I say the right is already there to own firearms in the Constitution itself. What they have put out in terms of regulation has been put in place illegally. Just ignore their ILLEGAL regulation and sell the weapons! Are they going to storm a gun shop full of patriotic Americans armed to the teeth? Let's start exercising our God given and Constitutionally backed rights!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The way i see it
The people have spoken!........
They have voted with their hard earned paychecks.....they have stood up and not only defied the goverment, but they have made a statement to the world about the second amendment and their support of it.
If that money spent on firearms and assessories, had been half invested in a presidential candidate.......well you get the picture....
Comon guys cheer up!
Get the message?
We aint giving up our personal weapons this year or any other.....
The people of America have spoken!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Background checks being flooded show just how hard it is to obtain a gun these days.

No, it's actually quite easy. Too easy.

You can go to a gun show or purchase one through a private sale without any background check in most states. Or flea market. Or craigslist. Or through your neighbor on and on.

Sorry to rain on your paranoid right wing government take over fantasy guys.

edit on 31-12-2012 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Yeah they have gun shows everyday right?

Everyone knows where all the gun shows are happening so ever been to a gun show and purchased a weapon?

The problem most people have with gun shows is they have no clue what they are buying most prefer new weapons not second hand.

Speaking for myself that is I prefer new.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You can buy a gun through a private sale anywhere in most states without a background check. Private sales...that's all gun shows are. And yes, I've been to one but never purchased a gun from one myself.
edit on 31-12-2012 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Apparently most prefer to go to brick and mortars to buy their weapons.

If guns were so "easily accessible at gun shows" why the hell are they going to brick and mortar stores?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not sure about other places but gun shows here in Missouri are required to have the NICS background check.

Aren't yours?

Someone mentioned a clause about 'private collections' for sale on tables but it's something I've never personally seen. The only ones I see that can be bought without a check at the gun shows locally are people standing out front with a gun or two and a for sale sign ..or occasional people walking around inside with a slung rifle or tupperware box with a handgun and a for sale tag. That's all real hit and miss though and generally? Yeah, those 'private' walk arounds are the lower quality or have other problems with them ..in my experience anyway.

(Smooth barrel on one I looked at...The guy was surprised..then pissed when I actually DID look down the barrel. I guess he actually expected someone to buy it without looking at condition? Who knows..maybe someone later did. lol)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
don't look now but obama is in the bushes in your back yard and he's gonna steal ur guns !!!!

omg !!!!!

run !!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Presently, 17 states regulate private firearm sales at gun shows. Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows (California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Oregon, New York, Illinois and Colorado). Four states (Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) require background checks on all handgun, but not long gun, purchasers at gun shows. Six states require individuals to obtain a permit to purchase handguns that involves a background check (Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Nebraska). Certain counties in Florida require background checks on all private sales of handguns at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner.[16][17]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who cares what most people prefer to do?

The majority of states you can go buy a gun through a private sale without any background check at all. That's their issue if they have a problem not going to a federally regulated gun store.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure about other places but gun shows here in Missouri are required to have the NICS background check.

What ? They tell me guns shows don't have background checks!!!

Live in Indiana where they say our gun laws are too lax and yet we never had a mass shooting others can say the same to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join