It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Phage
It seems you're the one who set up the strawman. Where, in the discussion about this balloon, is there a difference of opinion between two sciences?

Cut the crap

You made the distinction

Originally posted by Phage
Because astronomers are not meteorologists. They don't have a lot of reason to know what a bursting weather balloon would look like.

Now I'm out....
Don't drink and drive,

just drink

Heavily

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty. ok?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Interesting vid

Obviously no way to tell what it is, assuming it's genuine which it appears to be. I would have to say that with all the secret/unofficial stuff going on up there (us minions not being privvy enough to be told about these things), I would say that it's probably connected to that.

Target practice on an old satellite or something else using weapons, in OUR orbit may I add.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Was that reply even on topic?

Not really, but after 8 years of reading posts like that it becomes a little boring.

Or I could have removed it as off-topic and ended it that way.

edit on 31/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Additionally, saying that's a weather balloon is a complete guess as you just can't tell, a lot depends on what the height is and there's no way of knowing

edit on 31-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I dunno about all the time, but yeah, he's very good. Haha
People gotta realize that estimates put it at like 95% the number of UFO sightings that are 'explainable' occurrences. Phage and Armap are the two ATS posters that are basically responsible for making me aware of the levity of those figures...even if I believe those figures are grossly inflated. In truth, no matter how you cut it, most cases have a very simple explanation.

A lot of people want to believe so badly they will completely abandon reason in search of justification for their belief. I know, I used to do it all the time.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Phage

How the hell do you know what to look for

Did you see it and go "Yep thats one of them exploding weather balloons"
Is there some atmospheric anomaly database you go through to look for the best match?

Serious question, be honest I wont tell anyone...

Are you an MIB?

I use www.tineye.com...

their other program also

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Phage

How the hell do you know what to look for

Did you see it and go "Yep thats one of them exploding weather balloons"
Is there some atmospheric anomaly database you go through to look for the best match?

Serious question, be honest I wont tell anyone...

Are you an MIB?

I use www.tineye.com...

their other program also

Personal experience does help. I don't know if Phage was familiar with it from personal experience or not, but once you've seen this in a telescope you never forget it. For me it was instant recognition as soon as I saw the news report.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So no one can explain the orbs before the explosion?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Just one orb isn't it?

That would be the instruments hanging off the balloon.

Watch the second video Phage posted.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Weather balloon that reached it's limits and exploded. Then they GPS track the gizmo that fell and collect the data. The biggest scare is what data are they collecting? Probably the depletion of our ozone layer which is more scary then any space alien. We're literally living 5 degrees from certain death.

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

It's a radiosonde which transmits data (temperature, pressure, humidity, wind) back to the weather station as it rises.
www.aos.wisc.edu...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I do have a question, though.
Someone went to the trouble of getting the weather data for that area at the time. I am assuming that was Phage. So, where is the tracking data on this particular balloon? This has made National News at this point. Which meteorologist is having a laugh while this drags out?

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

So, where is the tracking data on this particular balloon?

Judging by the timing, most likely here:
weather.uwyo.edu...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It looks to me that there was an unwanted spy in the sky, so a hunter killer satelite in a higher orbit was dispatched to do a 360 degree observation. following that, having determined that it was a pest, a projectile was sent its way on a collision course, oops lites out for the pest and back out on patrol for the little hunter.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by Phage

You seem to be a very intelligent fella...which makes me wonder..why bother arguing with that fool...

Obviously he doesn't know much...

Remember the old quote
Never argue with a fool the only way to win
Is to go down to his level.
Guess take one to know one.
S & F to OP

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK. So you're saying that is the balloon and all of its readings.
My question is, are they gonna tell the sleuths over at CBS that that was their balloon? Maybe someone should email them and ask them. Haha

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Sleuths? That's a good one.
Maybe if those sleuths had contacted the weather service they would have gotten their answer. Of course, since it was seen through a telescope, it had to be in space.

Sleuths. Ha!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah. The term 'Investigative Journalism' is obviously Hollywood Hokum. Haha

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Very interesting, I have seen 3 to 5 dots just like the one it shows on the video orbiting the sun before, while looking through a phone camera with a black lens attached, I think I wrote about it on ATS but couldn't find the post yet, but the explosion, very interesting. There is probably so much going on up there that humans are yet to discover.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

One of the statements, actually I should say few statements that the media has gotten correct recently has been the mention that almost every breathing person on this continent has a camera within arms reach at all times......
With that being said......

...My instincts tell me it's inevitable that more of these bizarre videos will be surface in 2013.-The most unimaginable may very well be within the avalanch of material that will make it way onto the information highway..Happy New Year ats..

As a teen in the 70's, I remember the continuous chatter about how things were going to hell in a handbasket..To me it seemed beyond boring and uneventful, But now it seems with every new sunrise comes yet another never before seen occurrence??? Perhaps the pre-show has ended?

Regardless,I for one am pleased that I've decided the utilize the member expertise on ATS..

dX
edit on 31-12-2012 by HumanoidX because: typo

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join