It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

well...as a matter of fact i have been part of projects in the air force back in the mid 80's that involved real weather balloons. and although i can say i have never witnessed one explode, the video of the exploding balloon does seem very familiar to the one taking by the telescope.

but there are many unexplained things going on in the video, for example the immense heat and light that the object was giving off also the other orbs observed to be floating around the object, also the one at the far right corner towards the end of the explosion.

something was definitely going on there, i am willing to bet that the smaller orbs where manned by something or someone whether human or not, that's debatable, and i am also willing to bet that whatever was destroyed was not meant to reach us

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They kind of look like clouds of smoke from the firework? But the way they appear throws a spanner in the works.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
this video was taken on dec 20 2012

wouldnt it be crazy if whoever blew up that object was trying to prevent it from coming on dec 21?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by ikonoklast

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

This is a rare phenomenon where swamp gas, rocks, bugs, lens flares and light refraction mix with chemtrails, causing weird looking sh!t in the atmosphere.

That's about it...

Don't forget those Chinese Lanterns!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

I took an interest in your post when you said you have done projects for the airforce and after going back through your posting history it seems that you are not too familiar with the airforce and this is the first time you mentioned it when challenged. I have to ask, are you fibbing?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

immense heat..

Just out of curiosity, what led you to the conclusion that the object is giving off immense heat?

I only ask because it's ill-formed ideas like this, that drives these what I will roughly call "investigations" awry.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

i tend to try and keep my private and personal life separated from the internet, and my time spent in the air force is nothing to brag about, i was an aircraft mechanic during the 80's and 90's also during the golf war.

aside from a couple of atmospheric testing experiments using weather balloons, and the effects that high altitudes have on aircraft.

at the time they were testing new technology for jets that would fly at extreme altitudes, however that's as much as i was allowed to know.

were there clandestine operations going on in our branch at the time? of course...however a simple mechanic was not allowed such clearance to those things, so not many interesting things to talk about. also im not like these younger guys who brag about their service. this inst an acceptance contest i did my time and never looked back.

the way they gave us information was split up. they would give our group certain coordinates, and then another group would have another set, etc..etc...

its like having multiple pieces of a puzzle that you will never know what they made once put together...thats how it works
edit on 1-1-2013 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ok I was just simply going by this thread you made where you can't understand the workings of the airforce in florida
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also there were a few posts of you describing sounds in the sky and you didn't know if it sounded like a jet fighter or space shuttle, I would assume a mechanic that worked in the airforce would know the difference, just seems odd to me....
edit on 1/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I'm a little confused about the end of that video. The newscaster said they contacted the Vatican for a comment on what it could be.

Why ?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
For those saying this was a weather balloon wouldn't those that launched it have announced that by now?

What exploded could have been anything, I hardly think it was a weather balloon though, I just strongly doubt it.
So what was it?

I have no friggin clue, but what I strongly feel is that NEITHER DO YOU!

Science is like evolutionism vs. creationism.
Every side of the fence is so sure their theory/belief is closer to the truth without any proof.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I thought it was weird they contacted the Vatican too. But Phage pointed out that the Vatican has an observatory (which is also perhaps a little strange).

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by iamhobo

I'm a little confused about the end of that video. The newscaster said they contacted the Vatican for a comment on what it could be.

Why ?

The Vatican or the Holy See is all over this stuff. Remember they've been consistently looking up for a long time
That said, so have the Muslims - best astronomers…

Way back before iPads at night people looked up and awed at the skies.

www.vaticanobservatory.org...

Spiritual people are more open to what's possibly out there than scientists are, so I'm glad they're into it, too. Plus they have $ for great equipment.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
For me it definitely just looks like fireworks... so we have no continuous video and who can verify that it was in space? You can look everywhere with a telescope

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

haha i dont want to change the topic but i will humor you one more time...but i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

the florida air force drill was very suspicious, if you read what i said earlier certain people had higher clearance than others, and given the history of the military it was highly unusual for them to be conducting any form of drills during that time of the year that would result in any "boom" and "explosion" noises as a result.

there are a couple of things that i know, that if i were to speak of i can guarantee i would have someone calling my house or showing up at my front door within days or even hours. certain things that the air force was interested in.

and in regards to the "sounds in the sky" phenomenon, again i was suspicious if the military had anything to do with it, and whether it was a natural phenomenon or a military experiment, again this goes back to the information that i know, that i will take to the grave with me in return for the safety of my entire family.

now enough about me.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

The object "orbiting" the "exploding" thing is similar to what is seen orbiting the weather balloons in Phage's videos. I can't tell you exactly what it is, but it is part of the balloon configuration... The low rez of thew video in the OP is so low that the tether holding it isn't seen.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I sent a message to the guy who apparently shot the original video. I asked for a link to the original video if it's posted online and also asked about the direction the telescope was pointing and what magnification it was on.

I will post here if I hear anything back.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

You won't hear anything back from him. He's already stated that he is trying to make a quick buck off this thing. Someone is gonna be super pissed when they buy his footage and then find out its a weather balloon. Haha

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If a meteor was heading directly towards the lens of the telescope it wouldn't appear to have any movement, other than to get brighter as it entered the atmosphere. The "explosion" may have been just that, a meteor entering the upper atmosphere and breaking apart. The "orbiting" object could have been among the first pieces breaking off a meteor and spiraling off - as viewed from a directly head-on.

Remember the Geminid Meteor shower peaked on December 13-14, about one week before this video was shot.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

See the beauty of ATS is that all of the posts you make are kept for all to see and to me that story that you told does not add up if you go through your posts, my opinion is that you are not being truthful in order to look more credible on this thread....
edit on 1/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

If a meteor was heading directly towards the lens of the telescope it wouldn't appear to have any movement, other than to get brighter as it entered the atmosphere.

A meteor would also not last long enough for the photographer to shoot it. Make a phone call. Then shoot it some more.

A weather balloon would.

edit on 1/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join